Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    We keep putting ourselves under pressure here, but luckily PS makes a good interception.
  • Options
    This should really hurt, but I’m building up an immunity. I don’t really seem to care anymore…… 
    completely agree, I bailed on going tonight last minute. Just numb to it now
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    ross1 said:
    Goal may be on SSN soon
    Recorded it for later
    You will not believe how open our defence was
  • Options
    2 wins from 13. TWO. FROM THIRTEEN FFS!
    IN DIVISION THREE.
  • Options
    Harry Pell came through our youth team but never played for us.  Whilst with us he benefitted from the Valley Gold fans money and tonight he celebrates his goal in front of those fans and looks to het our players booked and sent off.  I hope he gets sent off or someone kicks him really hard.
    I remember him from this F A Youth Cup game v Spurs which we lost 3-0 at The Valley with two goals from John Bostock. 

Teams: Charlton: Callum Christie, Chris Solly, Jack Clark, Alexander Stavrinou (C), Yado Mambo, Carl Jenkinson, Sam Long (Liam Bellamy, 64), Harry Pell, Ben Godfrey, Lewis Perkins (Tamer Tuna, 75), Steve Lozano-Calderon. Subs: Taylor Sinfield, Ben Davisson, Harry Lee (GK).

Spurs: Oscar Jansson, Adam Smith, Sam Cox, Yaser Kasim, Steven Caulker, Callum Butcher, Paul-Jose M'poku (Kudos Oyenuga, 88), Dean Parrett (C), Jon Obika, John Bostock (Coskun Ekim, 83), Andros Townsend. Subs: Jamie Butler (GK), Nathan Byrne, Jake Nicholson.

The highlighted players are those who I believe went on to have full time pro careers - only three of ours but 11 of Spurs' players including Nathan Byrne who came to us on loan at one point 

Stavrinou was pretty highly rated at the time. Wonder what happened to him. 
    Maybe we should try to entice some of them back, they could be a distinct improvement...
  • Options
    Said last game Famewo was no better than Pearce at the moment but I think he's worse. 
  • Options
    Christ what is Famewo doing...the guy is a pro right?

If you're looking for signs something is just not right in this camp, Famewo is surely the canary in the mine. If we'd been promoted last season I'd have wanted to keep him for the Championship, but his form this season has rally been poor.
  • Options
    *sigh* Accrington player goes down easily again under pressure from Gilbey.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    No team spirit , no want by the team 

hoof ball, it’s embarrassing!
    souare should be playing left wing not left back- just rubbish 
    It’s hoof ball because it’s the poor way we are set up and constantly out thought each week.

Nothing to do with want or team spirit. Get someone who knows what they are doing in and I’m 100% certain we will see a massive change. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    59’ - MacGillivray makes an unbelievable save to deny an effort at goal from Bishop.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    “You’re getting sacked in the morning” … Fingers crossed 🤞
    Why wait till the morning when it can be done at 10pm tonight
    Why wait until then. Sandgaard should just have a stroll down to the dugout and sack him now. 
  • Options
    Nigel gone for a walk?
  • Options
    Jackson on the sidelines trying to get a reaction from the players - Adkins just standing there hands on hips
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Gunter is the RB version of Simon Church

What, a shit ex-Reading player?
  • Options
    Sandgaard has a lot to answer for. 
    Wankiest transfer window ever. 

• Options
    Its time (and probably was a while ago tbh), get gone Adkins pls. 

Get Him Out Of Here GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Back to the heat pumps thread

Back to the heat pumps thread

Spanish Rose needs to be very  , very cold :)
  • Options
    1. 62'

Post update

Foul by Yeboah Amankwah (Accrington Stanley).

2. 62'

Post update

Jonathan Leko (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    This should really hurt, but I’m building up an immunity. I don’t really seem to care anymore…… 
    completely agree, I bailed on going tonight last minute. Just numb to it now
    Yes, I also bailed out travelling from darkest Orpington due to apathy. Not like me at all. I followed the 80s dross impeccably. Please go Nigel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's one team who are turning around a bad start to the season. 

Ipswich

Currently 3-0 up away to Pompey. 

• Options
    1. 63'

Post update

Ethan Hamilton (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 63'

Post update

Foul by Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    2 wins from 13. TWO. FROM THIRTEEN FFS!
    IN DIVISION THREE.
    And we've apparently spent over a £million on 3 players!
  • Options
    Bit of an unsubtle shoulder barge there from Gilbey, and the ref does the pointing all over the pitch thing to him, but no booking.
  • Options
    Christ what is Famewo doing...the guy is a pro right?

If you're looking for signs something is just not right in this camp, Famewo is surely the canary in the mine. If we'd been promoted last season I'd have wanted to keep him for the Championship, but his form this season has rally been poor.
    Shocking pun, but then, all puns are...
  • Options
    Adkins has to go, no doubt but I am concerned about the quality of these players and not sure a new manager will get more out of them. Just don't think they ate good enough.
  • Options
    1. 64'

Post update

David Morgan (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 64'

Post update

Foul by Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    1-3
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!