Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Southbank said:
    No ballwinner in midfield. Nobody who has the energy to carry the ball from midfield to attack.

So my guess, the back four pass it around, vainly looking for an outball, then hoof it up to Stockley.
    Meanwhile Leko and CBT hang around waiting for the pass that never comes, and do not track back when Accy attack, leaving our full backs exposed.
    There, no need for post match thread.
    To be fair, if Gilbey and Clare have an attacking ability, it's forward ball-carrying
    Just saying ;) 
  • Options
    Gilbey wins the ball (and takes out Pell in the process) heads down the left and into the area, and wins us a corner.
  • Options
    very small Valley attendances .. in the 60s and 70s I have stood on the old Valley terraces more sparsely populated than the Gobi desert .. just over 3,000 a few times .. that could be a VERY lonely time to be a fan
    The lowest point attendance wise was early 80’s - awful 
    I was there
  • Options
    They must have had a rocket, this first 5 mins hve been alright!
  • Options
    Definitely going to win this. Nailed on. 
    Drinking ???
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    This isn't a manager that has lost the dressing room, well at least not all of it.  My mind is mashed. 
  • Options
    Harry Pell came through our youth team but never played for us.  Whilst with us he benefitted from the Valley Gold fans money and tonight he celebrates his goal in front of those fans and looks to het our players booked and sent off.  I hope he gets sent off or someone kicks him really hard.
    I remember him from this F A Youth Cup game v Spurs which we lost 3-0 at The Valley with two goals from John Bostock. 

Teams: Charlton: Callum Christie, Chris Solly, Jack Clark, Alexander Stavrinou (C), Yado Mambo, Carl Jenkinson, Sam Long (Liam Bellamy, 64), Harry Pell, Ben Godfrey, Lewis Perkins (Tamer Tuna, 75), Steve Lozano-Calderon. Subs: Taylor Sinfield, Ben Davisson, Harry Lee (GK).

Spurs: Oscar Jansson, Adam Smith, Sam Cox, Yaser Kasim, Steven Caulker, Callum Butcher, Paul-Jose M'poku (Kudos Oyenuga, 88), Dean Parrett (C), Jon Obika, John Bostock (Coskun Ekim, 83), Andros Townsend. Subs: Jamie Butler (GK), Nathan Byrne, Jake Nicholson.

The highlighted players are those who I believe went on to have full time pro careers - only three of ours but 11 of Spurs' players including Nathan Byrne who came to us on loan at one point 

Stavrinou was pretty highly rated at the time. Wonder what happened to him. 
  • Options
    Morgan to take but the ref stops for a bit of argy bargy in the area. Nottingham heads away for another corner.
  • Options

50' A positive start to the half from the Addicks as the latest in a series of corners is cleared. #cafc 1 #asfc 1
  • Options
    It was only a few years ago that Accrington Stanley were the butt of all jokes thanks to the TV advert.
    Now look, we are being outplayed by them! It’s pathetic 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We better score soon, we all know this will only last about 20 minutes
  • Options
    This one's headed away, and Gunter sends PS down the left but he overhits his cross. Leko foiled by some good defending by Nottingham.
  • Options
    Definitely going to win this. Nailed on. 
    Drinking ???
    Stronger I think ..been slipped a valium!
  • Options
    Ref having a word with their keeper for timewasting.
  • Options
    Ref ... get a grip of their bloody time-wasting!
  • Options
    Brain dead defending Famewo 
  • Options
    Famewo looked to be shepherding Pell out there, but he shoves him over, and concedes a free kick level with our area.
  • Options
    1. 52'

Post update

Harry Pell (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 52'

Post update

Foul by Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Stockley heads away.
  • Options

53’ - McConville sends a free-kick into the box but the hosts are then able to clear the danger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Ref having a word with their keeper for timewasting.
    A "word" isn't enough ... needs to start showing cards.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Brain dead defending Famewo 
    Discipline has been poor this season 
  • Options
    CBT plays Leko in, his shot is blocked, and then he gets crowded out wide by 2 players.
  • Options
    53' McConville fires straight at MacGillivray from distance. #cafc 1 #asfc 1
  • Options
    Gilbey really is a CM with the skillset of a winger isn't he 
  • Options
    Bah. Nice bit of build up but a sloppy bit of control from PS lets the ball out for a throw.
  • Options
    1. 54'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jonathan Leko (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Corey Blackett-Taylor.

• Options
    1-2 Pell
  • Options
    Good pressure from CBT and Clare, but Accrington back on the attack again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!