Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Leko, Gilbey & Clare all trying. Disappointed with CBT but maybe if they gave him the ball instead of hoofing it 50 yards upfield he might get half a chance.
  • Options
    Cafc should be 2 down and yet we are 1-1.
    Harry Pell may be a wind up but he is playing with fire in his belly.

We are so devoid of confidence at the Valley. 
  • Options
    Fuck me - Curbs speaks so much sense - anyone who thinks he is old news - you are sooo wrong 

He's being very respectful to Nigel too. Love Curbs.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    My first Charlton game was in 1968.  This is hands down the worst Charlton team, for whatever reason(s), I have ever seen.  Adkins has to go.
    Erm 79/80 relegated team ……
    Was that division three?
    That was relegated to Div 3 

BUT we only won 6 league games all season ……

All at home

Top scorer - Killer with 9….

NOW that is a bad season 
  • Options
    very small Valley attendances .. in the 60s and 70s I have stood on the old Valley terraces more sparsely populated than the Gobi desert .. just over 3,000 a few times .. that could be a VERY lonely time to be a fan
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    My first Charlton game was in 1968.  This is hands down the worst Charlton team, for whatever reason(s), I have ever seen.  Adkins has to go.
    Erm 79/80 relegated team ……
    Yes, from what is now the championship……
  • Options

The Addicks are wearing black armbands this evening in memory of the late Paul Linger 
  • Options
    CBT has come on at half time
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I only say Watson because Accrington are c***s and I think Watson might be able to handle that better than our other players 
    We know we've got issues when Leuth is calling for Watson.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    They have had ten shots against our two. Sixty per cent possession. They must be gutted not to be winning...
    But for the ref they should be…
    It was on the line as per JFC, Scott and Curbs, good'nuf for me  B)
  • Options
    CBT down the right, crosses to Gilbey whose cross is deflected. We come back and Stockley wins us a corner.
  • Options
    Did Jackson give the HT team talk? - Players seem completely different at the moment 
  • Options
    That's better.. 
  • Options
    47' Off the line! Stockley's header is cleared off the line by an Accrington leg! #cafc 1 #asfc 1
  • Options
    Second free kick from them was well over the line. 
  • Options
    Better
  • Options
    God Stockley could have had 2
  • Options
    2 headers from Stockley, both off target. 

20 goals a season? Have a laugh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have scored there. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The Addicks are wearing black armbands this evening in memory of the late Paul Linger 
    R I P Paul .. pancreatic cancer is a BAD one to get
  • Options
    Morgan takes, goes far post, Stockley heads down but across and it's cleared. Now Leko from the left and the ball's cleared.
  • Options
    That 1 minute 30 seconds has been better than the last 135 minutes of football from us...
  • Options
    Definitely going to win this. Nailed on. 
  • Options
    Jesus wept... This time wasting, its magnificent theatre 
  • Options
    Leko crosses from the right, but it goes out before it reaches their keeper.
  • Options
    Harry Pell came through our youth team but never played for us.  Whilst with us he benefitted from the Valley Gold fans money and tonight he celebrates his goal in front of those fans and looks to het our players booked and sent off.  I hope he gets sent off or someone kicks him really hard.
    I remember him from this F A Youth Cup game v Spurs which we lost 3-0 at The Valley with two goals from John Bostock. 

Teams: Charlton: Callum Christie, Chris Solly, Jack Clark, Alexander Stavrinou (C), Yado Mambo, Carl Jenkinson, Sam Long (Liam Bellamy, 64), Harry Pell, Ben Godfrey, Lewis Perkins (Tamer Tuna, 75), Steve Lozano-Calderon. Subs: Taylor Sinfield, Ben Davisson, Harry Lee (GK).

Spurs: Oscar Jansson, Adam Smith, Sam Cox, Yaser Kasim, Steven Caulker, Callum Butcher, Paul-Jose M'poku (Kudos Oyenuga, 88), Dean Parrett (C), Jon Obika, John Bostock (Coskun Ekim, 83), Andros Townsend. Subs: Jamie Butler (GK), Nathan Byrne, Jake Nicholson.

The highlighted players are those who I believe went on to have full time pro careers - only three of ours but 11 of Spurs' players including Nathan Byrne who came to us on loan at one point 

• Options
    Defender lost a contact lens, or a bit of time wasting.
  • Options
    very small Valley attendances .. in the 60s and 70s I have stood on the old Valley terraces more sparsely populated than the Gobi desert .. just over 3,000 a few times .. that could be a VERY lonely time to be a fan
    The lowest point attendance wise was early 80’s - awful 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!