Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Think the crossbar challenge compare needs some bigger trousers! 🎪
  • Options
    Wearing football boots and then doing that...... can he play right back?
    Cynical attempt to get picked for Saturday imo 
  • Options
    Get the axe ready ffs 
    Bit concerned at first that the bald bloke to Sandy's wife's left is Ian (talks a great game) Holloway .. and he is lined up to replace Addykins . :'(
    We're doomed if that's true.
    He was joking... The bald bloke is Roddy
    to replay a VERY old joke .. Roddy and Holloway can put their heads together and make a complete arse of themselves
  • Options
    Why oh why does he persist with this 433 formation. IT DOESN'T WORK. Accrington are playing with a back 3 and a bank of 4 in front of them. We haven't got the players to play through them and we have got the players to get behind them. This is torture to watch. We’re not creating anything and are lucky not to be behind. If TS is watching the same game as me, surely he can see with his own eyes how shit we really are 
  • Options
    Overun in midfield again, Brownie thinks we have overcome that, I don't think so.
  • Options
    If we manage to turn this around it’s actually because we have talented players on the pitch like Gilbey and Leko.  Because however Adkins and the coaching staff train us, and set us up, is diabolical. 

We are actually getting worse each week. 

Just can’t help but think we are not getting the best out of these players. 
  • Options
    TS is literally getting to see all of the Adkins nonsense in one half. 
  • Options
    Change it for effs sake this second half.

Let's go 4-4-2, get Washington on up front alongside Stockley and take B_T off. Have a midfield four of Leko, Morgan, Gilbey and Clare. Maybe, just maybe, we can get some sort of grip of the game.  
  • Options
    Could set sail if the wind picks up
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    My first Charlton game was in 1968.  This is hands down the worst Charlton team, for whatever reason(s), I have ever seen.  Adkins has to go.
    Erm 79/80 relegated team ……
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:
    These must be the lowest crowd at the valley for a league game 
    You clearly never went in the early 80’s !!!
    Or 1975 I think Halifax 1-0 win Hales and 3015 crowd or was it 3001  
    Tuesday night in the snow. I got Stanley Ed after the match in Marion Wilson, so I remember that night well. 
    Stanley Ed after the match in Marion Wilson ???
    Sorry. 

Cut with a Stanley knife in the park.  Only just missed an artery. 
  • Options
    Could set sail if the wind picks up
    Nige will be smuggled out in them at the end…
  • Options
    Let's hope the half time guitar solo does the trick. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Why oh why does he persist with this 433 formation. IT DOESN'T WORK. Accrington are playing with a back 3 and a bank of 4 in front of them. We haven't got the players to play through them and we have got the players to get behind them. This is torture to watch. We’re not creating anything and are lucky not to be behind. If TS is watching the same game as me, surely he can see with his own eyes how shit we really are 
    It is so blooming obvious. How come you, me and everyone watching tonight can see this? Everyone can see it except Adkins.
  • Options
    They are not letting us pass it around at the back. So all MacGillvray can do is kick it upfield. Unfortunately not only can he not catch a ball, he can"'t kick straight either. And in the one occason or two that he does, Stockley cannot win the header.
    Its dreadful.
  • Options
    We look terrible every week.
    Every week, no system. We’re still hitting Stockley. 

Thomas has to act on this. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    These must be the lowest crowd at the valley for a league game 
    You clearly never went in the early 80’s !!!
    Or 1975 I think Halifax 1-0 win Hales and 3015 crowd or was it 3001  
    Tuesday night in the snow. I got Stanley Ed after the match in Marion Wilson, so I remember that night well. 
    Stanley Ed after the match in Marion Wilson ???
    Sorry. 

Cut with a Stanley knife in the park.  Only just missed an artery. 
    Jesus - that wasn’t the explanation I was expecting !!!
  • Options
    So I'm half watching given I'm in work meetings but is CBT actually on the pitch? Has he touched the ball? Is it just because I'm half watching?
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking. Outplayed by a piss poor but organised Accrington. Got lucky with the OG. Even luckier with their second free kick which was over the line. Morgan awful. CBT not had a meaningful touch. Heave it to Stockers is the only tactic.  The worst Charlton team I’ve ever seen and the one I care least about. Just awful. 
  • Options
    opposition teams know that most L1 refs are weak and that they can bully us and get away with it .. we got stuck in a bit, and far too late on Saturday .. we need to get our 'retaliation' in first for a change
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have had ten shots against our two. Sixty per cent possession. They must be gutted not to be winning...
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    My first Charlton game was in 1968.  This is hands down the worst Charlton team, for whatever reason(s), I have ever seen.  Adkins has to go.
    Erm 79/80 relegated team ……
    Was that division three?
  • Options
    Great to see Nigel is back to “Bingo Night at The Valley” when it comes to team selection, what a ******** joke this bloke is.

Why bother raising your game if you are out of the team?

Just wait a couple of weeks and Nigel will pull your number out of his arse and you’re back in son!
  • Options
    More hoofball second half hopefully - who needs tactics?
  • Options
    Even the crossbar challenge geezer looked as though he couldn’t give a fcuk!!
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Can we see the dressing room cam and listen in to what words of wisdom Adkins will be passing on at half time!

He will tell the players to keep smiling and remain positive. They will all look at each other...a bit confused.

Then he'll casually walk to the gents toilets, to have a poo , will point at it and say "that'll be us next year"

Someone will probably eventually call ambulance to get Nigel sectioned.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    They are not letting us pass it around at the back. So all MacGillvray can do is kick it upfield. Unfortunately not only can he not catch a ball, he can"'t kick straight either. And in the one occason or two that he does, Stockley cannot win the header.
    Its dreadful.
    You can essentially write that about most of our matches this season. We are so easily pressed, and because we always turn goal-side with the ball due to lack of options, we just end up getting stuck in corners. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    It is so blooming obvious. How come you, me and everyone watching tonight can see this? Everyone can see it except Adkins.
    There can only be two reasons;

1. Adkins is a complete and utter fool when it comes to football. History says that's not likely the case.
    2. Someone is telling him what to do and what team to play and he has no say other than to try and coach them.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    They have had ten shots against our two. Sixty per cent possession. They must be gutted not to be winning...
    But for the ref they should be…
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!