Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beckham - Qatar

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that people seem very ok with this but not so ok about the Newcastle take over.

• Options
    I am ok with both
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I am ok with both
    Brown Trousers and White Shoes you mean !! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The world is shite ain't it?

BAH!!!
  • Options
    This David Beckham yeah?

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I wonder how many people outraged by all this still wear Nike clothes etc. If your moral compass is that great then shouldnt it be all or nothing?
  • Options
    Interesting that people seem very ok with this but not so ok about the Newcastle take over.

Many people are ok with Man City too. Same region, different countries.
  • Options
    Folks, seriously, come on now, how many times do we have to go through this?

For the last time, there is no morality in football, so stop looking for it.

In football only one thing counts, money.

That is it.

The whole thing is a cesspit of greed, avarice and corruption where everyone is focused wholly and solely on trousering as much cash as they possibly can while they can.

@iainment joked higher up the thread about Beckham using the cash to bail out his wife’s “fashion” business…..many a true word spoken in jest!
  • Options

That is it.

The whole thing is a cesspit of greed, avarice and corruption where everyone is focused wholly and solely on trousering as much cash as they possibly can while they can.

@iainment joked higher up the thread about Beckham using the cash to bail out his wife’s “fashion” business…..many a true word spoken in jest!
    Not me Gov, @iaitch it were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I assume companies like this spend absolute fortunes on market research etc to justify the massive sponsorship deals so clearly they must work but I've never understood them myself. 

The sight of David Beckham posing next to a few Maserati's doesn't make me want a Maserati more or less.

Watching the Liverpool football team shave their beards with Gillette doesn't make me want to purchase Gillette products any more or less. 

Watching Man Utd train in jackets with Apollo Tyres on the back doesn't make me want to buy Apollo Tyres any more or less.

As I say far cleverer people than myself must have cottoned on that these kind of massive sponsorship deals bring in revenue otherwise why would companies waste their money, I've just never understood myself why someone like David Beckham wearing a watch or standing next to a car suddenly makes thousands of people who wouldn't buy that product suddenly go out and decide to buy that product.
    But it does. You or I don't have to understand why it works, it just works.
  • Options

That is it.

Can we "lol" this? Not because it's funny, or wrong, but simply because come Judgement Day it will give Ormiston some "fun" tracking us all down and sticking red hot pokers up our arses!
    ;-)

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Just been on Amazon and ordered a white jumper, brown trousers and white shoes.

Can’t wait for the weekend to show everyone my transformation.
    @Macronate the new face of Qatar
  • Options
    Off_it said:

That is it.

Can we "lol" this? Not because it's funny, or wrong, but simply because come Judgement Day it will give Ormiston some "fun" tracking us all down and sticking red hot pokers up our arses!
    ;-)

That was a one-off mate.

I wouldn't have minded a couple of LOLs for my Adkins prognosis but 57 was taking the piss!
  • Options
    Any stand football makes on social issues is soon forgotten once money is involved. 
  • Options
    I assume companies like this spend absolute fortunes on market research etc to justify the massive sponsorship deals so clearly they must work but I've never understood them myself. 

The sight of David Beckham posing next to a few Maserati's doesn't make me want a Maserati more or less.

Watching the Liverpool football team shave their beards with Gillette doesn't make me want to purchase Gillette products any more or less. 

Watching Man Utd train in jackets with Apollo Tyres on the back doesn't make me want to buy Apollo Tyres any more or less.

As I say far cleverer people than myself must have cottoned on that these kind of massive sponsorship deals bring in revenue otherwise why would companies waste their money, I've just never understood myself why someone like David Beckham wearing a watch or standing next to a car suddenly makes thousands of people who wouldn't buy that product suddenly go out and decide to buy that product.
    If it didn't work then companies wouldn't spend fortunes paying for celebs/sports stars/influencers to promote their products.

When Ronaldo moved those Coke bottles out of his way at a Euro's press conference, their share price dropped by $4 billion overnight.
  • Options
    Imagine giving a f*** about what a private individual, who happens to be an ex footballer, is legally earning and from where.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that

Nearly as bad as giving a f*** about how many likes and lols you receive on Charlton Life
  • Options
    Off_it said:

That is it.

;-)

• Options
    I often wonder how much money one man needs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Many people are ok with Man City too. Same region, different countries.
    And incomparable human rights records. 
  • Options
    How 'relevant' is Beckham nowadays ?
  • Options
    He is pretty much still an instantly recognisable 'face' and that's all the PR people care about.

Relevance is a relative term of course! 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Just been on Amazon and ordered a white jumper, brown trousers and white shoes.

Can’t wait for the weekend to show everyone my transformation.
    Ordered on Prime, so benefitted from next day delivery but, typically, they’ve sent me the wrong outfit:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    He is pretty much still an instantly recognisable 'face' and that's all the PR people care about.

Relevance is a relative term of course! 
    yeah, recognisable .. every time I see his fizzog trying to sell me something, I think f f s, not HIM again .. then again I am not a far or middle east Man U TV fan 
  • Options
    Becjham must be rich from the commission he gets from tattoo artists hardly anyone had tattoos to he went mad for them.Now you’re not normal if you haven’t got one. 
  • Options
    Becjham must be rich from the commission he gets from tattoo artists hardly anyone had tattoos to he went mad for them.Now you’re not normal if you haven’t got one. 
    In that case I will readily accept being 'not normal'.
  • Options
    Me too Bob I don’t know how some people afford I look and think shit his got £1000 worth of tattoos on his arm. Could of had decent holiday out of that 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Imagine giving a f*** about what a private individual, who happens to be an ex footballer, is legally earning and from where.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that

Nearly as bad as giving a f*** about how many likes and lols you receive on Charlton Life
    I'm only three likes behind you. Last one to a thousand is a LOOSAH.
  • Options
    Obviously not in current football terms like a Messi or Ronaldo, but i'd say he transcends football. He's probably one of the most recognisable and famous blokes on the planet.