Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Doncaster Rovers | Saturday 30th October 2021,

Comments

• Options
    43' How's that not gone in!? Purrington can't hit the target at the back post, before Lee tries to turn it in, a goalmouth scramble ensues, before the ref blows for an eventual foul. #cafc 2 #drfc 0
  • Options
    45+1 Two minutes added... #cafc 2 #drfc 0
  • Options

45+1 Booking for Donny Manager Richie Wellens for having a touchline moan. #cafc 2 #drfc 0
  • Options
    1. 45'+2'

Post update

Attempt missed. Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic) header from the centre of the box is too high. Assisted by Chris Gunter with a cross.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Feel sorry for the rovers fans if this is what they have to watch every week. At least when we were shit we had some players with quality. 
    I don't. It'll make my night shift all the more pleasurable with a Rovers fan, not 10 feet away in the office. Oh and 300,000 Donny residents to work on (most are Leeds of course). COYR. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game’s won. 3 points in the bag. Might as well pack up now.
  • Options
    Need to improve our goal average
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    I'm sorry, but how was Dobson not even making the bench under Adkins? He looks mustard
    Was also being held up as the proof our recruitment system is no good. Clearly he's a bloody good player!
    Maybe just maybe Roddy and black box aren’t as dreadful as many believed.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    I'm sorry, but how was Dobson not even making the bench under Adkins? He looks mustard
    Was also being held up as the proof our recruitment system is no good. Clearly he's a bloody good player!

Never got a chance when we got the better players in/ fit. Stupid really.
  • Options
    This game should be all over as a contest by now (it may already be but a two-goal lead doesn't seem enough).

This has been as good a performance as I've seen from us for a very long time.

Dobson is best on ground by the length of Hangar Straight. He's a human hoover, clearing up any Donny attacking moves, and then has the vision and skill to set our next attack in motion. His pass to Gilbey for the penalty was superb.

I guess the last week and today have shown that maybe Jacko wasn't part of the problem and we're right to keep him on.
    GD the human hoover…that is brilliant…😂😂
  • Options
    Purrington again missing a sitter. 
    Probably why he's not a striker. 

• Options
    Lee could be more clinical with execution of FKs and shooting inside box. Boys need to stay hungry for goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is what I expected today. Comfortable win with a good performance to go with it. It’s like we signed 11 new players and even Leko going off didn’t really make a difference. 

Season started against Sunderland.
  • Options
    Doncaster are awful! 3 points here surely. 

Huge praise to young Dobson. He's everywhere and winning absolutely everything.

Hopefully a couple more goals o come next half. 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Earlier in the season it always felt like we were playing with a man short. Now it feels like we’re playing with an extra man.
    Jacko may be in the technical area but the players have taken his spirit and belief onto the pitch with them.
  • Options
    George Dobson, doing that midfield water carrier job amazingly well 
  • Options
     I'm sure I'm not the only one having to pinch themselves after such a good first half...
  • Options
    The only down side from that half was the injury to Leko, leading to his subbing.

Hopefully it's nothing serious.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!