Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Doncaster Rovers | Saturday 30th October 2021,

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Purrington again missing a sitter. 
    Probably why he's not a striker. 

I still expect him to hit the target from 3 yards out!
  • Options
    When we were playing hoof-ball under Adkins the midfield, including Dobson, was being bypassed.
  • Options
    Can’t complain about that first half, but we could easily have been looking at 4 or 5 nil already. 
    Amazing goal line clearance, an excellent reflex save at the near post and Purrington’s ricket just off the top of my head.

Just keep this up lads.
    🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Options
    To me, although they were kinda thrown under the bus, it never felt like Dobson or Clare were the issue with our poor performances at the beginning of the season. 
  • Options
    Doncaster are poor. Seem to have just Dodoo up front & hitting long balls to him. They've created virtually nothing & just seem to want to pack out the midfield. We are playing ok but should really be 3 or 4 up. Its games like these that you need to take advantage & score 5 or 6. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    mendonca said:
    Excellent half. So nearly 3 there.

JJ and Euell so active. Just before ht forced Pearce not to drop deep as just invite pressure. He moved up and apologised. 

Few more things clicking.
    That's massive because Pearce's default the entire time he's been with us is to drop deep. It creates a huge problem when we try to press as a team. I'm not just talking under Adkins, but it was the case under Bowyer and Robinson as well, and part of the reason why I always preferred Naby to Pearce.

Pearce lacks pace but is very comfortable with the last ditch tackles and throwing his body at things in his own box. Which is great when you're backs against the wall, but doesn't help when you're trying to meet a team higher up the pitch. 
  • Options
    Good half, feel a bit sorry for Donny as they try and play. Bostock looks good for them. 

For me this half Dobson again has been outstanding.

Should be further ahead, more of the same second half. 

I do wish Stockley would stop moaning though. 

We at last, look like a team. 
  • Options
    Doncaster are poor. Seem to have just Dodoo up front & hitting long balls to him. They've created virtually nothing & just seem to want to pack out the midfield. We are playing ok but should really be 3 or 4 up. Its games like these that you need to take advantage & score 5 or 6. 
    How often do teams score 5 or 6 goals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Purrington again missing a sitter. 
    Probably why he's not a striker. 

I still expect him to hit the target from 3 yards out!
    Agreed!

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    What will be the chances of getting Elliott Lee on a permanent basis?
    Anyone have a go at answering this? Is he completely out of favour at Luton or what
  • Options
    How long since it has been this relaxing watching a match ? 😉
  • Options

Mametz
    said:
    When we were playing hoof-ball under Adkins the midfield, including Dobson, was being bypassed.
    One bit of play that stood out for me, fairly early on in that half:

MacGilly booted the ball upfield, Stockers won the header, and there were two or three Charlton players moving up around him to collect the knockdown.

That wasn't happening before under the previous manager.
  • Options
    Reckon we score 3 more this half 
  • Options
    Dobson's black box stats showed why we wanted him, similar to pratley with forward passing. 

Earlier in the season Dobson was in with Clare and Morgan - with no Lee and Gilbey available looks like Adkins saw Dobson as the sacrifice as we had Watson to step in as the "DM" always thought we should have persisted with him, young and in a new team, but nope, panic stations and let's go for the easy option.

• Options
    Pearcey leads out the Addicks for the second half.... Keep it going, lads!
  • Options
  • Options

Turn that to us until a couple of weeks ago:

"Charlton are poor. Seem to have just Stockley up front & hitting long balls to him. They've created virtually nothing & just seem to want to pack out the midfield."
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Foul by Joseph Dodoo (Doncaster Rovers).

2. 46'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Cross into the box by DJ, cleared for a corner.

Nothing came from it, so as you were folks.
  • Options
    Top half at 9/4 was free money... I know Doncaster are crap but we don't even look like we have got out of second gear
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Anyone have a go at answering this? Is he completely out of favour at Luton or what
    I think its probably one where the clubs are both amenable to a deal but he's probably taking a pay cut if it happens. Depends on that more than anything I believe. 
  • Options
    Sounds a great atmosphere
  • Options
    1. 52'

Post update

Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 52'

Post update

Foul by Matthew Smith (Doncaster Rovers).

• Options
    52' Stockley very nearly capitalises on some sloppy defending to poke an effort towards goal, but Dahlberg makes the save. #cafc 2 #drfc 0
  • Options
    Pompey 1-0
  • Options
    Fleetwood losing 1-3
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    For now I'm just hoping we can keep him in January
  • Options
    Looks like we've set Sunderland off on a poor run  :D
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!