Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More cops than away fans

Comments

• Options
    Appears their risk group made their first trip outside Donny this season and there was some trouble up town.

Last minute call by the police commander to bring in reserves.
    Wonder how many would have answered the call if someones house was being broken in to.`
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    By the time we got to walk up to the station they still maintained that line down the middle even though there were no Doncaster fans left, just a few oldies on the left who’d come out the west stand. So you had all the Charlton fans squashed on half a road. Tried walking through to empty left with my kid and got shouted at to go back. 

The thing that doesn’t make no sense is if you segregate that road all the way to the end, everyone has to cross at the end of the road anyway.

Was some bizarre stewarding at the back of the East Stand at half time as well. 

What was the bizarre stewarding?
    They had a barrier set up at the foot of the Laundry steps by the memorial garden. Created a empty zone between there and the fence/gate into the away section. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    They knew fat boy and his mate were coming.
    Yeah,what the hell was that all about? I saw him posturing at the front of the jimmy seed then he took his shirt off and threw it into his own fans who proceeded to lob it about amongst themselves. I wonder if he had to pop into Next on his way home to get a new top? Bloody long way home shirtless😂

Size of him he would need Go Outdoors.
  • Options
    There are some naive views about football violence nowadays. Most teams (including us) have a risk element and yesterday Doncasters decided to visit us. Obviously the Police were aware of this and acted accordingly.
    Imagine if the 50 or so Donny 'risk' had turned up at the Oak?
    Then they'd be able to run riot most likely as the plod were on Floyd Road.
  • Options
    Was fat bloke who got turfed out high risk, he had obviously burst his bra.
  • Options
    Giving it the biggun against all the notorious East Stand hooligans was entertaining, but the rotund fella clearly had, erm, 'issues', as well as a rather unhealthy BMI...
  • Options
    I didn't see any of his antics until he was being removed by the stewards!

I heard all the chants of "you fat bastard" from the Covered End, but had no idea who they were talking about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was clearly pissed, took his shirt off threw it towards the pitch, was giving coffee bean hand gestures to the East Stand, was the Donny crowds choirmaster, mooned before and during the penalty, then got hoofed out, despite trying to get on the pitch! 
    One of Donny's finest no doubt!!
    ME clocked him early doors and then was there as he was led out! What a TWAT he was!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Can you imagine being the unlucky sod squashed next to/into him for the entire journey back to Donny?
  • Options
    I counted 26
  • Options
    He was clearly pissed, took his shirt off threw it towards the pitch, was giving coffee bean hand gestures to the East Stand, was the Donny crowds choirmaster, mooned before and during the penalty, then got hoofed out, despite trying to get on the pitch! 
    One of Donny's finest no doubt!!
    ME clocked him early doors and then was there as he was led out! What a TWAT he was!
    You missed his demonstration of boxing skills.
  • Options
    Donny high risk ??? Really 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    well the way he attempted to get on the pitch, he certainly wasn't agile for a fat bloke! They should have let him carry on and we could have timed how long it took him to run to the covered end, probably would need a calendar though.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Hal1x said:
    well the way he attempted to get on the pitch, he certainly wasn't agile for a fat bloke! They should have let him carry on and we could have timed how long it took him to run to the covered end, probably would need a calendar though.
    To be fair to him, he was surrounded by stewards as he was being shepherded out but not one of them had hold of him. Then in a blink of an eye he'd dodged between them and jumped the hoarding before any of them noticed or could react. Comical stewarding really.
  • Options
    ME probably clocked him the second he got off at Charlton Station.
  • Options
    Noted that the police turn out in force when it comes to Pompey, Sheffield W and Donny. Yet last time we played Millwall they actually held the lot of us back together on Floyd Road - only the second time in my Charlton supporting life that I felt a tad uneasy in the environs of The Valley. The first was when some Spurs fans decided to throw a few bricks at the FA Cup replay back in the 80s. I know the Chelsea match in the late 70s when we thrashed them was more than tasty but I was away on a school trip and missed that one.  
  • Options
    I was at that Spurs game.
    In the East Stand.
    Some random fella scooped me up as the Spurs fans came at us.

The decision to hold back home fans against Millwall was when I realised all the work that had previously gone into policing football fairly had gone up in smoke.
    Thanks Theresa May, you fecking eejit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Donny high risk ??? Really 
    Some years ago I interviewed this bloke who ran a nightclub in Doncaster. He was a deeply unpleasant individual but said something that made me chuckle. He reckoned owning the club was a nightmare there was always so much trouble. He described the locals as being "basically Vikings but without the hats".
  • Options
    The fat bloke wasn't a relative of Thomas, surely?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Hal1x said:
    To be fair to him, he was surrounded by stewards as he was being shepherded out but not one of them had hold of him. Then in a blink of an eye he'd dodged between them and jumped the hoarding before any of them noticed or could react. Comical stewarding really.
    Would you have handled that hairy blubber? 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    The fat bloke was CLB74  but I have no idea why he was in the Doncaster end.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2021
    Noted that the police turn out in force when it comes to Pompey, Sheffield W and Donny. Yet last time we played Millwall they actually held the lot of us back together on Floyd Road - only the second time in my Charlton supporting life that I felt a tad uneasy in the environs of The Valley. The first was when some Spurs fans decided to throw a few bricks at the FA Cup replay back in the 80s. I know the Chelsea match in the late 70s when we thrashed them was more than tasty but I was away on a school trip and missed that one.  
    Pompey & Charlton risk have been clashing regularly for many years, not generally well known apart from those involved, the clubs & OB

The wendies rivalry was reignited at the FA cup game a few years back at Hillsborough, even made it onto one of those Danny fake cockney Dyer type shows

We have history with both, but the Donny one is a new one on me other than a reaction to the play off result on their part
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Very few teams in this league will bring a large enough away following (or risk element) to require the amount of police seen on Saturday. Probably be 10 times total, compared to every week in the Championship. There was probably only one van's worth of OB  for the visits of Cheltenham and Accrington, for example
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    It couldn't have been, I saw the geezer smile.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    It couldn't have been, I saw the geezer smile.
    Was that when he dropped his strides? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I asked one officer who said they were acting on intelligence.
    Make of that what you will.
    Standard answer.