Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rommadahl signs for...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rommedahl was often at his most dangerous WITHOUT the ball.

His prime attribute was to pull defenders out of position off the ball and then make a run into space for a ball chipped over the top or threaded through the gap, like Murphy played.

But we rarely played that and when those type of balls never came, Dennis stopped running.

He became confined to a narrow corridor along the touchline, playing too deep, blocked in and marshalled by 2 defenders.

And in that tight space, we expected him to be a tough tackling, swashbuckling, rampaging winger who would invariably be our matchwinner. He couldn't be that player and his self-confidence visibly wilted.

I agree, Dennis never lived up to expectations.
    But why try to change him into the type of player he could never be?
  • Options
    Good luck Dennis - I have a few good memories, as well as a tinge of sadness that we rarely saw the best of you, wherever the fault lay.

So who will be the new scapegoat now?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Good luck Dennis - I have a few good memories, as well as a tinge of sadness that we rarely saw the best of you, wherever the fault lay.

So who will be the new scapegoat now?

Marcus Bent must be odds on I'd say
  • Options
    That's a bit more deserved than ether Romm or Kish!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]That's a bit more deserved than ether Romm or Kish!

I'd go along with that.

There are very few Charlton players that i've detested over the years but Marcus is one I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Ditto.