Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November 7:45pm

edited November 2021 in General Charlton
Putting the thread up as @Oggy Red is otherwise engaged. Rotherham are 4th from top, and are likely to feature the League One top scorer Michael Smith (formerly of this parish) so will be a tougher proposition than Doncaster.
Teams:
Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter, Pearce (c), Famewo; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Stockley, Washington
Subs: Henderson, Elerewe, Watson, Clare, Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Davison
Rotherham: Vickers; Ihiekwe, Wood (C), Edmonds-Green; Harding, Barlaser, Rathbone, Wiles, Miller; Smith, Ladapo.
Subs: Johansson, Odoffin, Ferguson, Sadlier, Ogbene, Kayode, Grigg

Comments

• Options
    Just parked up near the Valley. Really looking forward to this. Lots of layers to keep out the cold. It’ll be a tough test but we’re going to be well up for the battle. Come on you Reds!!
  • Options
    Charlton: MacGillivray, Gunter, Purrington, Dobson, Famewo, Pearce (c), Jaiyesimi, Stockley, Gilbey, Washington, Lee

Subs: Henderson, Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Davison, Watson, Clare, Elerewe
  • Options
    Rotherham: Vickers, Harding, Barlaser, Wood (c), Wiles, Ladapo, Miller, Rathbone, Ihiekwe, Edmonds-Green, Smith

Subs: Johansson, Odoffin, Ferguson, Sadlier, Ogbene, Kayode, Grigg
  • Options
    I watch mid week games while at work, but I'm lucky enough to have my own office, not just a booth. I get to watch about 75% of most games at about 75% attention level. The other 25% usually gets disturbed by phone calls/emails etc.

• Options
    C'mon you Addicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    One change for Charlton as Jaiyesimi comes in for Leko. Kirk takes the space left on the bench.

Two changes for Rotherham from their 5-1 win. Miller and Richard Wood come in for Ogbene and Ferguson.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It’s the team I expected. Who’s been left out completely other than the injured players? Souare is one.

Edit: Morgan and if he’s not out for a year Arter ;)
  • Options
    Stockley vs our former defender Richard Wood will be a good battle.

We'll need to mark him well at the other end too, as he scores a few from set pieces
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It’s the team I expected. Who’s been left out completely other than the injured players? Souare is one.

Edit: Morgan and if he’s not out for a year Arter ;)
    Albie Morgan and Harry Arter 
  • Options
    Oh FFS. I thought it was starting now. its not starting for an hour i have a meeting to go to just after half time Fckn time zone differences.
    Oh shit, did the UK change their clocks? I was wondering why coverage hadn't started yet! Also, this is a lie:

• Options
    I watch mid week games while at work, but I'm lucky enough to have my own office, not just a booth. I get to watch about 75% of most games at about 75% attention level. The other 25% usually gets disturbed by phone calls/emails etc.

Yeah i have my own office but my boss has a habit of swanning in from time to time. Also he has a habit of calling impromptu and unnecessary meetings. It is conceivable i could miss heaps of the game listening to him prattle on about nothing of consequence. This later than expected (for me) start has caused me another problems. I have a team meeting that i called starting half way through the game. I think i am going to try and shift it....first world problems.
  • Options
    4 million pound star Will Grigg on the bench. Love to see it.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Oh FFS. I thought it was starting now. its not starting for an hour i have a meeting to go to just after half time Fckn time zone differences.
    Oh shit, did the UK change their clocks? I was wondering why coverage hadn't started yet! Also, this is a lie:

Not a mistake, but a lie? 
  • Options
    Didnt even realise he played for Rotherham now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton: MacGillivray, Gunter, Purrington, Dobson, Famewo, Pearce (c), Jaiyesimi, Stockley, Gilbey, Washington, Lee

Subs: Henderson, Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Davison, Watson, Clare, Elerewe
    MacGillivray
    Gunter Pearce Famewo
    Jaiyesimi Lee Dobson Gilbey Purrington
    Washington Stockley

Yup, good team selection, at least on paper. Basically unchanged, apart from what I'm guessing is an enforced change with DJ for Leko (any word on Leko's injury? Sorry if I've missed it). DJ looked capable of filling that right wing/wingback role on Saturday, and with his crossing, might even be a slightly better fit to provide natural width and service than Leko, who has, it should be said, been very good himself. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Going to be a different one for Minto tonight having played 52-games for Rotherham at the end of his career - Even played alongside their current Manager
  • Options
    I am watching from room 2308 Best Western Hotel, Sai Ying Pun Hong Kong.

It's 3am local time and I have insomnia.  
  • Options
    Slightly concerned by the fact Rotherham have scored 21 goals in their last 6 games.

Going to need an impressive performance to win this tonight.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    SDAddick said:

Not a mistake, but a lie? 
    That's right. I think it's malicious (I don't actually, I was just being a smart ass). 
  • Options
    I think I'd rather have him to bring on than Davison.

We are looking very light up front- both starting 11 & bench. 
  • Options
    Will be streaming the game from the Bahamas, hours before our holiday ends
  • Options

Yeah i have my own office but my boss has a habit of swanning in from time to time. Also he has a habit of calling impromptu and unnecessary meetings. It is conceivable i could miss heaps of the game listening to him prattle on about nothing of consequence. This later than expected (for me) start has caused me another problems. I have a team meeting that i called starting half way through the game. I think i am going to try and shift it....first world problems.

"Sorry guys, something has come up. Does anyone mind if I push the meeting back by an hour?" I may, or may not, have done that once or twice to be able to tune into Valley Pass instead.
  • Options
    We might get found out with 5 attacking players on the pitch. But I really hope that if we can keep them out for an hour we can get a result. Personally would have played Clare rather than DJ at wingback, but rooting for DJ nevertheless obviously.
  • Options
    I think I'd rather have him to bring on than Davison.

We are looking very light up front- both starting 11 & bench. 
    What’s Davison done wrong ? I’d have him
    in over Washington, personally 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!