Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    Who is the guy in the studio with Curbs and Minto?
  • Options
    Seems like Dick Wood has been around fcking donkeys years.
  • Options
    I watch mid week games while at work, but I'm lucky enough to have my own office, not just a booth. I get to watch about 75% of most games at about 75% attention level. The other 25% usually gets disturbed by phone calls/emails etc.

Yeah i have my own office but my boss has a habit of swanning in from time to time. Also he has a habit of calling impromptu and unnecessary meetings. It is conceivable i could miss heaps of the game listening to him prattle on about nothing of consequence. This later than expected (for me) start has caused me another problems. I have a team meeting that i called starting half way through the game. I think i am going to try and shift it....first world problems.

"Sorry guys, something has come up. Does anyone mind if I push the meeting back by an hour?" I may, or may not, have done that once or twice to be able to tune into Valley Pass instead.
    Done. I got a little blowback, but the greater good has been served.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    4 million pound star Will Grigg on the bench. Love to see it.
    I think I'd rather have him to bring on than Davison.

We are looking very light up front- both starting 11 & bench. 
    What’s Davison done wrong ? I’d have him
    in over Washington, personally 
    I think it's more of a case of Stockley looking really good in recent matches. Washington provides a far better foil, and he can drift wide and run in behind. He really stretches defenses with the types of runs he makes, let alone his workrate. It really creates space for Stockley to drop a little deeper, which makes him more likely to win headers against midfielders or drag defenders out of position, and also it lets him play with his back to goal and hold up play a little better. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I wouldnt. 

I'd have him on the bench until he's doing more than Washington does. 
  • Options
    Didnt even realise he played for Rotherham now
    On loan from Sunderland
  • Options
    robroy said:

It's some podcaster
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Ali Maxwell - Not the top 20 podcast guy - on Quest a fair bit
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Is he the guy that does the 'Not the Top 20' Podcast? - v good podcast
  • Options
    He’s a good addition to the line up tonight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Much as i love the pre match chat with Curbs & Co, why does it seem that whoever is in seat 3 looks a bit lost, same with Lisbie Saturday, JFC a few games back,.. Scott and Curbs have a jolly good chat but "whoever" is the extra doesn't get involved enough, that's just as i see it,..having said that tonight's guy is a bit more up for it and has a good knowledge to input.. B)
  • Options
    Yep, he's the one who didn't knacker his ankle on his own stag do at the weekend I think.
  • Options
    Stath is our under 18 coach? 
  • Options
    He’s a good addition to the line up tonight 
    Very good. You can ask him about any club and he can talk for ages.
  • Options
    Much as i love the pre match chat with Curbs & Co, why does it seem that whoever is in seat 3 looks a bit lost, same with Lisbie Saturday, JFC a few games back,.. Scott and Curbs have a jolly good chat but "whoever" is the extra doesn't get involved enough, that's just as i see it,..having said that tonight's guy is a bit more up for it... B)
    Paul Walsh is doing it soon.   He told me himself!
  • Options
    Enjoying Ali being on, as much as I enjoy the Charlton love-in it's nice to have to have someone on who really knows his onions when it comes to the rest of the division and indeed the football league.
  • Options
    Lots of empty seats
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Jacko must hate Davison…
  • Options
    2-0, 2-0 stockley, 2-0 pearce
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoping to see my first win of the season tonight…COYR..
  • Options
    Enjoying Ali being on, as much as I enjoy the Charlton love-in it's nice to have to have someone on who really knows his onions when it comes to the rest of the division and indeed the football league.
    Agreed. He seems very clued up. 

I say it every time, but we really are spoilt with this ‘CharltonTV. Something TS has knocked out the park 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Agreed. He seems very clued up. 

I say it every time, but we really are spoilt with this ‘CharltonTV. Something TS has knocked out the park 
    Agreed, it really is excellent. And yeah, this bloke is excellent, very knowledgable and well spoken.
  • Options
  • Options
    Be nice if they played the first 5 minutes for free. Might entice a few people to get their credit cards out once it ends.
  • Options
    Bar Laser would be a great band name.
  • Options
    Rotherham cross in from our right, McG saves the shot.
  • Options
    1 | Fast start from the Millers as Miller picks up possession and drives for the byline. He stands the ball up to the far post where Harding arrives, but the wing-back's effort is into the arms of MacGillivray. (0-0)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!