Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15/8 with Sky Bet for a top half finish

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Put it on and got 5 mates to put on for me aswell... Half tempted to cash half of it out, but I reckon we may just about sneak it. Ridiculous, i thought we were nailed on when i put it on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I have £350 on some at 2/1 some at 9/4…. cash out only gives me £175 might as well let it run.  But, the Lincoln, Morecombe and Wimbledon games really rankle. Hence my JJ out vote. We may not be good enough to go up, but not good enough for top half is a disgrace. 
  • Options
    I have £350 on some at 2/1 some at 9/4…. cash out only gives me £175 might as well let it run.  But, the Lincoln, Morecombe and Wimbledon games really rankle. Hence my JJ out vote. We may not be good enough to go up, but not greed enough for top half is a disgrace. 
    Someone's talking out of their wallet!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I have £350 on some at 2/1 some at 9/4…. cash out only gives me £175 might as well let it run.  But, the Lincoln, Morecombe and Wimbledon games really rankle. Hence my JJ out vote. We may not be good enough to go up, but not greed enough for top half is a disgrace. 
    Someone's talking out of their wallet!
    True, but I’m assuming JJ is being paid the wages to get us promoted, not finish 14th. Staff annual review objectives not achieved… tick the under performer box. No rise no bonus….. 
  • Options
    12. Cambridge 57pts GD-14
    13. Charlton 56pts GD-2
    14. Cheltenham 55pts GD-13
    15. Accrington 55pts GD-21
    16. Burton 53pts GD-13

Cambridge:
    Sunderland (A)
    Cheltenham (H)

Charlton:
    Shrewsbury (H)
    Ipswich (A)

Cheltenham:
    Bolton (H)
    Cambridge (A)

Accrington:
    Lincoln (H)
    Wimbledon (A)

Burton:
    Doncaster (A)
    Wycombe (H)
    Corrrrr! When you look at that, it begins to feel almost exciting.😁
  • Options
    What’s the cash out now then?
  • Options
    Profit for cash out now 
  • Options
    Cashed out!!
  • Options
    What’s the cash out now then?
    Just over 1.5/1.  
  • Options
    Charlton 59 points  GD 0
    Accrington 58 points GD -20
    Cambridge 57 points GD -18

Charlton:
    Ipswich (A)

Accrington:
    Wimbledon (A)

Cambridge:
    Cheltenham (H)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dilemma eh, cash out now for £200 (+ 50% return) risk losing it all or stick for a £374 win….asking for a friend 🥴🥴
  • Options
    Cash out.....!
  • Options
    Going to let it run. Accrington are very poor away from home and Wimbledon don’t get beat regularly. Don’t see us getting beaten next week.
  • Options
    Going to let it run. Accrington are very poor away from home and Wimbledon don’t get beat regularly. Don’t see us getting beaten next week.
    I would probably do the same though wouldn't be having that much confidence in a team that hasn't won in 27 especially as they've  lost more than half of those. The irony is that their last win was on the 7th December - away to Accrington. It's still in our hands though.
  • Options
    Either or both Accrington or Cambridge will go above us if they win and we lose.
    if we draw, then a Cambridge win is not enough to go above us. But, if Accrington win an we draw the they go above us. 

So Accrington are 13/8 Cambridge are 13/8 an Ipswich 11/10. There must be some way I can combine these to ensure a profit. 

I have £350 on us to be top half that pays out over a grand if comes in. 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Check my working but you’d want two doubles?

Accrington win & Ipswich win/draw double chance which is about 9/4 being conservative and not assuming best price.
    Cambridge win & Ipswich win which works out to about 4/1, again being conservative.

Any other combination and Charlton finish top half, I think?

To cover stakes, you could put £225 on the Accrington double and £150 on the Cambridge double.

That would leave your position (assuming you’d win exactly a grand and be +650 if you did nothing) as

+500 -150 -350 = 0 (Accrington)
    -225 +600 -350 = +25 (Cambridge)
    -225 -150 +650 = +275 (Charlton)

Needs to be double and triple checked…

EDIT: Found a hole already… Of course there is the possibility of both Accrington and Cambridge winning while Charlton lose which would result in a return of

+500 +600 -350 = +750
  • Options
    Thanks….. Callumcafc…. I am now considering the options. 
  • Options
    I bottled it and cashed out yesterday.
    I'd put £120 on and cashed out for £190.
    I just didn't think we'd beat Ipswich and a draw was the best we would get and at least one of the two below us would better our result.

• Options
    Well my Dilemma is SKYBET are offering me cash out at just over 1/2 on. I have £160 on with SKYBET. BETVICTOR are not offering a cash out an have £200 on.

So. Charlton win and I collect £1097.50p… from £360 stake.

A Charlton defeat, is ok as long as Accrington draw or lose an Cambridge draw or lose. Our superior goal difference keeps us 12th.

A draw for Charlton eliminates Cambridge as they have to win to get same points, an can not overturn our goal difference. However, whilst a draw is not good enough for Accrington, a win would see them above us.

Charlton lose, both Accrington and Cambridge go above us with a win. 

My, own view is we will lose, Accrington will win an so will Cambridge.

So the 3 bets are as Callum said are. 

Ipswich Win/Draw Accrington win Double
    Ipswich Win Accrington Win Double
    Ipswich Win Cambridge Win Double

Just what stakes… 

• Options
    I dumbly cashed out and lost half my stake. Wasn’t expecting this end of season flourish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well my Dilemma is SKYBET are offering me cash out at just over 1/2 on. I have £160 on with SKYBET. BETVICTOR are not offering a cash out an have £200 on.

So. Charlton win and I collect £1097.50p… from £360 stake.

A Charlton defeat, is ok as long as Accrington draw or lose an Cambridge draw or lose. Our superior goal difference keeps us 12th.

A draw for Charlton eliminates Cambridge as they have to win to get same points, an can not overturn our goal difference. However, whilst a draw is not good enough for Accrington, a win would see them above us.

Charlton lose, both Accrington and Cambridge go above us with a win. 

My, own view is we will lose, Accrington will win an so will Cambridge.

So the 3 bets are as Callum said are. 

Ipswich Win/Draw Accrington win Double
    Ipswich Win Accrington Win Double
    Ipswich Win Cambridge Win Double

Just what stakes… 

I don't see any value in doing the three bets although of course you could win more than one of them which could turn out more profitable. But it's going to cost you £580 to guarantee around £1100. Personally I'd consider cashing out the Skybet one and leaving the Betvictor one to run, with the option of laying Charlton in play if we go 1 up. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @ralphmilne How much are you going to reinvest in Charlton to win the league one title in 2023?A generous 18/1 on skybet.
  • Options
    @ralphmilne How much are you going to reinvest in Charlton to win the league one title in 2013? A generous 18/1 on skybet.
    I'd have though the odds on the outcome of the 2013 season would be a bit less substantial than that... 
  • Options
    @ralphmilne How much are you going to reinvest in Charlton to win the league one title in 2023?A generous 18/1 on skybet.
    You believe that to be generous….. time will tell. But, right now that looks very short price. 
  • Options
    i'd cash out, i wouldn't be confident either way to be honest but feels the safe bet with a potential tricky game away. Although the others haven't got easy games feels like a reasonable price 1.5 to cash out rather than let it run. 
  • Options
    Like printing money! 

Oh wait.......
  • Options
    Cash out was THE only choice !
  • Options
    What a rollercoaster this top half bet has been.
  • Options
    Accrington are winning 3-0 and aren’t going to concede three times to Wimbledon.

Means we must score three times ourselves to leapfrog them.
  • Options
    All eyes on Cambridge now. Are we finishing 13th or 14th?