Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ali Maxwell - Charlton TV

Never heard of this guy before but he was excellent last night on Charlton TV … hope he’s invited back. 

Comments

• Options

He's one of the regulars on the Quest show. He is extremely knowledgeable, and speaks very well. He's a good one to impress.

• Options
    He’s on the quest EFL highlights regularly. Very clued up and comes across really well . 
  • Options
    He knows more about the EFL than most pundits, very knowledgeable.
  • Options
    I thought he was excellent 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Is there anyway of watching Charlton tv , after the match, as I’m always interested in knowing what Curbs / studio guest have to say.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    was very impressed with his knowledge and didnt look out of his depth next to curbs,was very good coverage last night
  • Options
    I thought he was very good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah posted this in the Brownie thread, but thought he was excellent, and would have him there every week. As has been pointed out on here numerous times, the rotating cast of old boys (or injured players) they have in the studio often look a bit like deer in the headlights. And that's okay, playing football and talking about it are two different skill sets. But I thought Maxwell settled in very nicely, was knowledgable about Charlton, but also provided some really good context about the opposition and the league as a whole. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Excellent knowledge and interesting to listen to last night with his take on Charlton and the EFL, but Curbs and Scott might fear for their own roles if he was in as a perm... no, they need someone they can take the piss out of and talk over old times.. B)
  • Options
    Good to have someone who has a generic view across all the teams in league one. He can give a more objective view of our performance, compared to our rivals in the league. The positive Charlton bias can be a bit tedious. 
  • Options
    Good to have someone who has a generic view across all the teams in league one. He can give a more objective view of our performance, compared to our rivals in the league. The positive Charlton bias can be a bit tedious. 
    I’m sorry, what? 😳🤔🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    I imagine him or George Elek would be once or twice a season only anyway, as they have other commitments and need to keep up their knowledge of all the clubs.
  • Options
    I love him and his oppo George Elek. Both show up the closed shop football pundits and experts for what they are. These two have a genuinely deep knowledge of football outside the Premier league, their NTT20 podcast is excellent as is the stuff they do for the athletic, quest and sky. Imagine that, sky have the pick of so many people since Peter Beagrie got binned off to have that knowledge of football that isn't the premier league and they parachute these guys in to do their thinking for them 
  • Options
    Late to the party in recommending NTT20 podcast. There are two in the week. The weekend review on a Monday and a betting show on the Thursday. Both a really good listen. Both him and George Elek worth a listen. 

Fair play to them, they’ve made a living by doing my dream job of talking about football but they do it very well.
  • Options
    NTT20 did prediction of every team's position at end of the season for all 3 EFL leagues.  Had us I think at 4th or 5th. Knowledge of almost every player in every team is incredible.
  • Options
    NTT20 did prediction of every team's position at end of the season for all 3 EFL leagues.  Had us I think at 4th or 5th. Knowledge of almost every player in every team is incredible.
    My recollection was 6th for us but you might be right.  They did also have Plymouth to go down. I noticed Ali skirted around that when asked about them on Tuesday!

But definitely agree with your point about his knowledge of EFL players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the footage and think Ali was excellent .

I would certainly like to see him again later in the season . 
  • Options
    I opened this thread presuming it was about an 80’s page three girl…disappointed…
  • Options
    Good to hear people outside of Charlton have an understanding of what’s going on.
  • Options
    Very good summary from two very credible pundits.
  • Options
    Just listened to it - what a brilliant summary of our current squad.   Think he will go far in football journalism - knows his onions.
  • Options
    Both are excellent EFL pundits. Curious why ITV haven't used them this season for the highlights show 
  • Options
    Speaks so well

• Options
    Both are excellent EFL pundits. Curious why ITV haven't used them this season for the highlights show 
    It's not just about how good you are these days