Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1988 Admiral Shirt

2»

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    cafc999 said:
    A great shirt! Imagine how much the yellow one would be?
    Ooooooooh. A thing of beauty.
    We used to live near the Sparrows Lane training ground and one morning - not long after we moved into the training ground - I was walking on the far side of the training ground and saw that those infamous yellow shirts had been put out to dry just outside the club house, it was just after we had worn them in that away game at Arsenal when we drew 2-2.

You couldn't even buy those shirts at the time and I remember hatching a plan with some fellow Addicks at school to try and nick them off the clothes line after the next game in which we wore them.

We ditched the plan after realizing that there was a pretty good chance that these were likely the only set of yellow Charlton away shirts in existence so even if we successfully nicked them we'd basically be advertising ourselves as the tea-leaves if we ever wore them in public which was, of course, the entire point of stealing them in the first place!

They'd be selling for a few quid now if you had one.
    Perhaps @PopIcon could give us an idea on how much they go for.
    ££££££££££££££'s
    £2000
    Blimey guys, send a picture to a tailor in Hong Kong and he will knock you one up for a tenner.

Being slightly more serious, and not knowing much about collecting shirts, are replicas/forgeries much of a problem? 
    I’m pretty sure my 1988 red woolwich top might’ve been a bit hooky, I bought it from soccer scene in Carnaby Street (in 1988) but the detail in the red checks was different to the first team I think and there wasn’t so much of a proper label inside to speak of. 
    I still kept it for 30-years and then seemed to have lost it with all my other ones in a house move I think
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    cafc999 said:
    We used to live near the Sparrows Lane training ground and one morning - not long after we moved into the training ground - I was walking on the far side of the training ground and saw that those infamous yellow shirts had been put out to dry just outside the club house, it was just after we had worn them in that away game at Arsenal when we drew 2-2.

You couldn't even buy those shirts at the time and I remember hatching a plan with some fellow Addicks at school to try and nick them off the clothes line after the next game in which we wore them.

We ditched the plan after realizing that there was a pretty good chance that these were likely the only set of yellow Charlton away shirts in existence so even if we successfully nicked them we'd basically be advertising ourselves as the tea-leaves if we ever wore them in public which was, of course, the entire point of stealing them in the first place!

££££££££££££££'s
    £2000
     :o 
    Which is more ridiculous: a Charlton fan paying this, or a French kid / bloke who's never even been to England paying 70 euros for a Man City or Arsenal shirt at Inter Sport in a nondescript French town?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    cafc999 said:

££££££££££££££'s
    £2000
     :o 
    Which is more ridiculous: a Charlton fan paying this, or a French kid / bloke who's never even been to England paying 70 euros for a Man City or Arsenal shirt at Inter Sport in a nondescript French town?
    Forgetting the difference in cost, I do take your point.
  • Options
    I wore that full kit to a fancy dress party (thank feck there is no longer photographic evidence)
    Was my pride & joy.
    Got the absolute piss ripped out of me but didn’t give a hoot.

When I left home, it didn’t come with my first load of clothes. Went back, Mum had chucked the rest out. 

We never did get on 🙄
  • Options
    I wore that full kit to a fancy dress party (thank feck there is no longer photographic evidence)
    Was my pride & joy.
    Got the absolute piss ripped out of me but didn’t give a hoot.

When I left home, it didn’t come with my first load of clothes. Went back, Mum had chucked the rest out. 

We never did get on 🙄
    I keep saying to Mrs Kips we must try one of these type of parties but she's having none of it.