Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    The bad news for us and future Ashes is that, if he stays fit, Australia have found an all rounder who, at the age of just 22, will be around for years to come. Who is our replacement for Stokes because, with his body giving up on him, won't be around for that much longer in Test cricket?
  • Options
    83-3, 22.2 overs

Crawley 36 (66) c Carey b Green
  • Options
    The bad news for us and future Ashes is that, if he stays fit, Australia have found an all rounder who, at the age of just 22, will be around for years to come. Who is our replacement for Stokes because, with his body giving up on him, won't be around for that much longer in Test cricket?
    Green is such a great find
  • Options
    Is this the start of the usual collapse.
    Yep, 'fraid so.
  • Options
    Can I listen to tms on sky?
  • Options
    Green is such a great find

He is a great find and I'm certainly not suggesting that players of his calibre grow on trees but Australia found him by playing him in the Sheffield Shield in conditions that allowed him to bat and bowl - to be able to build an innings and not fear that each and every ball bowled by a 46 year old bowling at 70mph had your name on it and by making Green work for every one of his wickets. That's preparation for Test cricket.
  • Options
    Can I listen to tms on sky?
    Channel 0144
  • Options
    If we can excuse Billings for that first innings shot we really cannot forgive Stokes for that
  • Options
    92-4, 27.5 overs

Stokes 5 (15) c Lyon b Starc

No need to play that shot. Caught in the outfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are England hoping for an early plane home tomorrow?
  • Options
    I don’t forgive Billings for that first innings shot and and Stokes even less 
  • Options
    30 overs bowled

99-4

Root 10 (26)
    Pope 1 (7)
  • Options
    Root bowled

They think it’s all over

It is now
  • Options
    101-5

Root 11 (31) b Boland
  • Options
    107-6

Billings 1 (9) c Cummins b Boland
  • Options
    39-6 since the first wicket fell.
  • Options
    82-1 to 107-6 pathetic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    107-7

Pope 5 (26) b Cummins
  • Options
    39-7 since Crawley and Burns opened with 68.
  • Options
    Extras 3rd top scorer in this innings with 13 at the moment
  • Options
    We’ve lost 7 wickets for 39 runs - utterly utterly pathetic. Such a useless, spineless and unlikeable bunch of players.
  • Options
    That was embarrassing from Pope.
  • Options
    And another......
  • Options
    115-8

Woakes 5 (11) c Carey b Boland
  • Options
    What a catch though.
  • Options
    This is an impressive collapse even by our standards
  • Options
    I really thought once the openers had put on 50 together that we had a chance.

Forget that the middle order are as brittle as the peanut sweet from the 1980's.