Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading: Championship club deducted six points for breaking EFL financial rules

Comments

• Options
    Sounds pretty fair to me. 
  • Options
    £1500 p/wk  ?? That must be a typo. Or does that include all staff (ie ticket office etc.).
  • Options
    £1500 p/wk  ?? That must be a typo. Or does that include all staff (ie ticket office etc.).
    Seems sensible to me. Why should they be allowed to get someone in on a free and pay them more than £1,500 pw, if HMRC bill is unpaid?
    I dont disagree but I doubt any quality player is going to sign for £1500 p.wk. I bet Smith didn't 
  • Options
    Bet they are wishing they were Sheffield Wednesday...

Seems fair and rules applied.
  • Options
    Can we put a sneaky bid in for Sam Smith?
  • Options
    Seems sensible to me. Why should they be allowed to get someone in on a free and pay them more than £1,500 pw, if HMRC bill is unpaid?
    I dont disagree but I doubt any quality player is going to sign for £1500 p.wk. I bet Smith didn't 
    Smith didn’t have to.
  • Options
    So if they don’t pay the bill, they can’t register the players they signed?

Sam Smith might be regretting his choice even more if he can’t play until January!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sam Smith might be regretting his choice even more if he can’t play until January!
    I’m not sure this latest punishment has any impact on Smith. He was signed before it was handed out.
  • Options

I’m not sure this latest punishment has any impact on Smith. He was signed before it was handed out.
    The twitter post says "HMRC bill will need paying before EFL registers 1 or 2 of new signings", although no indication as to which of their signings it refers to.
  • Options
    So Sam Smith has a long term groin injury and isn't getting paid. What a summer he's having
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So Sam Smith has a long term groin injury and isn't getting paid. What a summer he's having
    At the end of the day, he didn't want to come here, by all accounts he was offered more money to come to us but he made his choice. I'm sure he had his reasons, and you can't legislate for bad luck with injury. What you CAN legislate for is picking a company that has form for not paying their employees on time, but that's up to him, maybe he just does it for the love of the game rather than money? Or he is a Reading fan or something and doesn't mind being charitable to them to help them out?

Personally I only want players who actually WANT to be here and have a bit of ambition, both of which were clearly lacking when he chose to go to Reading over us.

*caveat - assuming that what has been reported is true about our offer*
  • Options
    Don’t you mean “what a summer they’re having”?
  • Options
    At the end of the day, he didn't want to come here, by all accounts he was offered more money to come to us but he made his choice. I'm sure he had his reasons, and you can't legislate for bad luck with injury. What you CAN legislate for is picking a company that has form for not paying their employees on time, but that's up to him, maybe he just does it for the love of the game rather than money? Or he is a Reading fan or something and doesn't mind being charitable to them to help them out?

Personally I only want players who actually WANT to be here and have a bit of ambition, both of which were clearly lacking when he chose to go to Reading over us.

*caveat - assuming that what has been reported is true about our offer*
    He played for Reading youth team & started his professional career with Reading.
  • Options
    777 Partners being linked with purchasing Reading.

This is the lot who purchased Standard Liege from Roland
  • Options
    Didn't someone mention 777 Partners were interested in us last year but couldn't do a deal with TS? 
  • Options
    777 Partners being linked with purchasing Reading.

This is the lot who purchased Standard Liege from Roland
    They were linked with Everton. Bit of a step down to go after Reading instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Didn't someone mention 777 Partners were interested in us last year but couldn't do a deal with TS? 
    Yes, that was what I heard
  • Options

Reading can't play Charlie Savage or Lewis Wing until they settle their HMRC bill 
  • Options
    So they did sign Sam Smith in time then?
  • Options
    So they did sign Sam Smith in time then?
    Probably doesn't matter, he is out for a few months
  • Options
    A good time for Peterborough to play them on Saturday
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Serves him right for rejecting us

Edit: So Smith is okay to play then  :D
  • Options
    That club statement doesn’t sound at all encouraging. I’m sure the owner is seeking investment. Sounds like his individual pot has run dry. Who in their right mind would invest at this point. Sounds to me like this could get very tricky for the club. I wonder how HMRC will play this.
  • Options
    When you get blah blah blah followed by ‘there will be no further comment’ then you know things are dodgy.
  • Options
    Sounds like their squad going into the season is ridiculously small. Few places have them nailed on for relegation.