Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Full time song.

edited November 2021 in General Charlton
Loved today, but can someone tell them to stop playing that song at full time. Was deafening in the covered end lower (AGAIN) and killed the full time atmosphere, as well as giving me a headache. Please can they give it a few minutes before putting on any songs. 

Comments

• Options
    Somebody needs to have a quiet word with Tommy. It’s shit. RRR every time, it’s a long term thing for doing it. 
  • Options
    I absolutely hate it and kills the atmosphere. No need for RRR to be played again either, it’s airing as the team come out today was great.

we win, let the Covered End pump the atmosphere round the ground not drown it with that shite.

Gonna run a poll on it tomorrow, that’s my negativity out the way for the evening
    I only saw the clip on here of JJ geeing up the crowd with RRR playing which I actually thought sounded great, I assume that the Addicks to victory shit was played as well. Has anybody actually told TS that it is a pile of shit & most of us hate it ?
  • Options
    Desperately trying to make it a tradition, but are clearly blind to the fact no one likes it. On evidence of today, they should be playing twist and shout after a win.

No one will ever sing along to addicks to victory.
  • Options
    It’s a crap song, however I don’t care if it’s played but….. ffs turn it down, it’s deafening.  Makes it really cringey that it’s twice as loud as any other music or announcements.  Totally ruins the atmosphere at the end of the game
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Agreed whatever that was it pounding out way too early. No clue what was playing it was so loud it was deafening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On Charlton TV it looked like Pearce was telling JJ something wasn't right sound wise as they both headed to covered end and JJ was nodding in agreement... 

I imagined it was this 

I've actually come to quite like the song, but can see how it should be left to fans to make their own noise at end 

Anyway... what a bloody win!!!
  • Options
    It just reminds me of that song from the greatest showman
  • Options
    Screeching guitars & a singer who is tone deaf is not a good combination at the end of a match.kill it please.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    It just reminds me of that song from the greatest showman
    Thanks for the heads up, don’t know what the greatest showman is but if it’s a movie etc I’ll know to give it a miss - no offence meant Tommy
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Full time song?
    Was in me seat 25minutes before kick off.
    What a load of old pony the music was.
    I'm glad I normally arrive a couple of minutes from kick off.

• Options
    Just go straight to Theme For Great Cities so we can all file out peacefully ;)
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it today. I'd be more than happy to hear it whenever we win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I liked it, I wouldn’t mind it as a tradition as long as we keep winning!
  • Options
    In fairness TS listened to the fans after RRR was substituted for the first game of the season. 

He has done a hell of a lot of great things and is massively in credit.

It's clear that ego is a big part of his make up. We are the beneficiaries of that. 

Have a look in the boardroom of The Valley - the most prominent picture on the wall is one of him.

As I said, he's massively in credit...
  • Options
    The song is growing on me slowly and I agree with other posters, allow rock on Tommy his bit of self indulgence. 

There is a more general issue with the acoustics though. I could barely hear a word Tommy said pre match, yet after the music was far too loud. Leave the valley faithful to make the noise post match.
  • Options
    Brilliant song and a great time to play it. Love it.
  • Options
    I feel bad for agreeing with these sentiments in a way because Thomas means well, buts its clear that having lived in the states for so long a lot of his ideas of very Americanized and based on what you may encounter at say an NFL game or something. Saying that though he does seem listen to the fans and take things like this on board so hopefully in the future little things like this will eventually iron themselves out
  • Options
    Even the players were taking the piss out of it in the dressing room at Burton last week :)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It’s utter shite. It was such a brilliant performance and I wanted to hear the crowd appreciation not that crap song and not the Red Red Robin. 

I know people will say we look for something to moan about but days like today don’t come along that often and that racket just took the edge off celebrating with the players at the end….
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Annoys me when I’m at Wembley, they cut to music a second after the match finishes. Didn’t need any music after the game, let the noise of the crowd carry them off.
  • Options
    Annoys me when I’m at Wembley, they cut to music a second after the match finishes. Didn’t need any music after the game, let the noise of the crowd carry them off.
    Crowd control. It’s to keep one set of fans there and encourage the other set of fans to bugger off asap.