Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Full time song.

2»

Comments

• Options
     SporadicAddick said:
    In fairness TS listened to the fans after RRR was substituted for the first game of the season. 

He has done a hell of a lot of great things and is massively in credit.

It's clear that ego is a big part of his make up. We are the beneficiaries of that. 

Have a look in the boardroom of The Valley - the most prominent picture on the wall is one of him.

As I said, he's massively in credit...

100% this ^. The few times I've been in the boardroom I find it so cringy that he has a picture of himself, the first one you see as you walk in.

It's an awful song and played at completely the wrong time as well, not sure if we're just unlucky but it's also very loud in the lower covered end.

Still, if he appoints Jackson he can play what he likes!
  • Options
    Not against this genre of music ( although this song is pretty formulaic) but there is a time and place for everything and after the final whistle is not, in my opinion, the time to play it. Totally spoils the atmosphere, especially after a win. 
  • Options
    it was ridiculously loud but two people behind me knew all the words so they enjoyed it. i on the other hand made a quick exit. 
  • Options
    Annoys me when I’m at Wembley, they cut to music a second after the match finishes. Didn’t need any music after the game, let the noise of the crowd carry them off.
    Thought that after Super Clive play off win, fireworks & we are the champions bollocks, does anybody really enjoy it ? Totally kills the proper atmosphere ( yes it was long time ago & I've a bee in my bonnet  :D )
  • Options
    Made me very angry! 
    Killed the singing and clapping off of the players. 
    No need for it 
  • Options
    it was ridiculously loud but two people behind me knew all the words so they enjoyed it. i on the other hand made a quick exit. 
    Was Tommy one of them ?
  • Options
    Would have thought it would have been better to have played Feeling Fine at full time. A2V has grown on me and we definitely should come out to it in the second half.
  • Options
    Annoys me when I’m at Wembley, they cut to music a second after the match finishes. Didn’t need any music after the game, let the noise of the crowd carry them off.
    Thought that after Super Clive play off win, fireworks & we are the champions bollocks, does anybody really enjoy it ? Totally kills the proper atmosphere ( yes it was long time ago & I've a bee in my bonnet  :D )

When Sir Bobby presented us with the League Championship trophy after the Ipswich game, the whole ground singing along with 'We are the Champions' was spine tingling (maybe I'm an old fart but I loved it).
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
     SporadicAddick said:
    In fairness TS listened to the fans after RRR was substituted for the first game of the season. 

He has done a hell of a lot of great things and is massively in credit.

It's clear that ego is a big part of his make up. We are the beneficiaries of that. 

Have a look in the boardroom of The Valley - the most prominent picture on the wall is one of him.

As I said, he's massively in credit...

100% this ^. The few times I've been in the boardroom I find it so cringy that he has a picture of himself, the first one you see as you walk in.

It's an awful song and played at completely the wrong time as well, not sure if we're just unlucky but it's also very loud in the lower covered end.

Still, if he appoints Jackson he can play what he likes!
    In the PL days there used to be pictures up of the board in the boardroom, don't remember any one having an issue with it then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the song (is that Sandgaard singing?). Great in the build up but like most think a should just be the crowd at the end of the match. 
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Would have thought it would have been better to have played Feeling Fine at full time. A2V has grown on me and we definitely should come out to it in the second half.
    Could not disagree more with that last bit
  • Options
    Behave! The geezer just gave away about 15k tickers for free, we smashed the league leaders and the atmosphere was rocking. No harm done, let him play his little song, especially after a big (clean sheet) win like that. COYA
  • Options
    Leaving the timing debate to one side, it did feel good to hear 'Red Red Robin' played loud, in fact the loudest I have ever heard it.
  • Options
    It shouldn’t be played anywhere, ever.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Not just the full time song... When we went 2 - 0 up it felt like the whole stadium was dying to sing something, but there was 5 minutes of 'der-der-der-der-der-der' which didn't really catch on. Then the lower north started singing Valley Flloyd Road, the drum started up again, and it was another 'der-der-der-der-der' and you had the north singing two different songs.

When Allez Allez Allez did finally get going, the whole stadium was absolutely rocking. 
  • Options
    Not against this genre of music ( although this song is pretty formulaic) but there is a time and place for everything and after the final whistle is not, in my opinion, the time to play it. Totally spoils the atmosphere, especially after a win. 
    The time to play it is on his own headphones at home.
    It is divisive. So I’d have thought a wise leader would bin it.
  • Options
    I put it into the context of what he’s done for our football club.
    And he does listen to the fans.
    Maybe it was a bit too loud in certain parts of the stadium, although I felt it was loud but ok in the lower west.
    Personally I think it should be accepted that he wants to immerse himself in his dream.
    Oh, and the song is growing on me!