Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I’m a celebrity 2021

Comments

• Options
    Why is there no anger towards ITV who have bloody well asked Hancock to go on the show in the first place? - Can someone please tell me that?

Jesus, the media are bloody experts at making people angry these days

People fall for it every time as well
    It also seems that people have fallen for Matt Hancock's deflection, if some of the comments on this thread are anything to go by. 

Yes ITV are wrong to give him a platform, but it was his decision to go into the jungle
    The issue should be at the source...

If ITV dont give him the platform, he wouldn't be on the show
    But he IS on the show, so discussing why he is there is perfectly reasonable.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    People have very short memories, no way should Matt Hancock be anywhere near winning. 
    Not as short as your memory, multiple people over multiple days have told you this is neither the covid or politics thread. It's 

No it's a thread about I'm  a Celebrity and the contestants, one of whom is Matt Hancock. Some people are very tetchy about discussing his past misdemeanours. It seems that it's okay to discuss those of Boy George,  but taboo for some when it involves mistakes which cost thousands of lives.
    Why do you not practice what you preach.

You said: "Its a thread about IAC and the contestants, one of whom is Matt Hancock"

So, discuss MH and what he is up to in the jungle on this thread

You said: "Some people are very tetchy about discussing his past misdemeanours"

No we are not, the HOC thread is for that and full of MH stories.

Personally, I think admin have been very sloppy and slow in shutting you down and removing the political video you posted above, this is not the thread for it. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    lolwray said:
    Hancock should be nowhere this show ..he should be working for his constituents and doing what he gets paid for ..I find his presence on this insulting. 
    So does no one do anything for his constituents when he normally goes on holiday ?
    Most go on holiday when Parliament is in recess.
    do their constituents problems go on holiday in those periods too ?
    No but they need to take leave and most do when Parliament isn't sitting. Instead Matt Hancock is earning £400K at a time when his constituents are suffering great hardship. 
    So if he went in when parliament was in recess, that would be ok with you?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    lolwray said:
    Hancock should be nowhere this show ..he should be working for his constituents and doing what he gets paid for ..I find his presence on this insulting. 
    So does no one do anything for his constituents when he normally goes on holiday ?
    No but they need to take leave and most do when Parliament isn't sitting. Instead Matt Hancock is earning £400K at a time when his constituents are suffering great hardship. 
    Of course not, don't be silly.
  • Options
    The video was a reminder of Matt Hancock's behaviour which so many seem to have forgotten. Why not save your anger for the man whom the High Court found to have acted illegally, resulting in thousands of people dying. The same man that is now trying to save his image by eating a load of  bugs.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    lolwray said:
    Not quite so bad, but I don't think serving politicians should be taking part in this programme. The fact that he is there has made it political rather than celebrity.
  • Options
    People have very short memories, no way should Matt Hancock be anywhere near winning. 
    I do not have a short memory, the ambulance strikes over 30 years ago cemented my political opinion and the way I choose to vote.

I have enjoyed this series back in the green jungle and as for Hancock, I don’t think he should be there. He is though, just a person. An interesting character with a CV that along with others caused the death of thousands.
    However incapable him or the government were of making the right decisions, I doubt if it was intentional and wonder if any other party would have made a better one.

Jill to win. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How is Matt Hancock still
    there? Disregarding the politics, his lack of personality really shows, boring hell.
  • Options
    Jill will win.

Think Owen and Jill will be the final two.

Hancock has already come out of this ten times better than I expected when he went in (couldn’t imagine anyone voting for him).

I like him as a campmate. I find all of them left quite vanilla but he’s no worse than anyone else.

Biggest line I have see since he has gone on the show? “If it’s his fault why all these people died of Covid, does he also take the credit for presiding over a globally admired vaccine roll out. We lead the way.”

Cant have it both ways. He was either to blame for both or not responsible for either.

We do live privileged lives and forever indebted to the people who actually made the vaccine and went through the correct procedures for most of the whole world to recieve its doses...and it was free!

Sure, it's a dog eat dog world at times, but that never usually lasts long as most people don't really get much out of behaving like that for the long term. 

• Options
    but what has that got to do with his performance in the jungle? 

As other contestants have said, there is a difference between Matt Hancock politician and Matt the jungle camp mate 

Should Owen not win because his acting in Hollyoaks is rubbish?

Should Jill not win as she was a liability when she came on in the Euros?

Should Seann not have been there for having an affair when he was on Strictly

Should Boy George not have been there for being convicted of false imprisonment ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

As other contestants have said, there is a difference between Matt Hancock politician and Matt the jungle camp mate 

Should Boy George not have been there for being convicted of false imprisonment ? 
    I was responding to @DamoNorthstand 's post. 

Matt Hancock is only in the jungle to improve his image and to deflect from decisions taken that affected many people's lives, that does not apply to any of the other contestants.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Matt Hancock is only in the jungle to improve his image and to deflect from decisions taken that affected many people's lives, that does not apply to any of the other contestants.
    You are incorrect, they are all in there to improve their image 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

Perhaps I worded that incorrectly. Matt Hancock is the only contestant who made decisions that affected thousands of people's lives.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

Well, and get paid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

If anyone is stupid enough to think oh Matt Hancock is just misunderstood for his fuck ups because he’s done alright in the jungle then that’s their own fuckwittery 
    Unfortunately it seems that many are that stupid.
  • Options
    You been voting for Hancock then @ME14addick?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Off_it said:
    And to be clear, that doesnt refer to the "must be stupid" comment above mine which I've only just seen!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

If anyone is stupid enough to think oh Matt Hancock is just misunderstood for his fuck ups because he’s done alright in the jungle then that’s their own fuckwittery 
    What evidence do you have for this? Surely not because people want to see more of him in a reality tv show where you have to do disgusting trials?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    No, I don't vote at all, I'm not watching it, but I am angry that Matt Hancock's efforts in the jungle do seem to have convinced a lot of people that he's actually a decent person.
  • Options
    I'd be happy with any of Jill, Mike or Owen to win it. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What evidence do you have for this? Surely not because people want to see more of him in a reality tv show where you have to do disgusting trials?
    Tha fact that he is still in the jungle for a start. I've seen many comments in the media suggesting that he has won over viewers whilst in the jungle.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    No, I don't vote at all, I'm not watching it, but I am angry that Matt Hancock's efforts in the jungle do seem to have convinced a lot of people that he's actually a decent person.
    You can be a decent person and be incompetent at your job. It is not one or the other 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Off_it said:
    You can be a decent person and be incompetent at your job. It is not one or the other 
    He wasn't just incompetent though, he was actively corrupt.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Tha fact that he is still in the jungle for a start. I've seen many comments in the media suggesting that he has won over viewers whilst in the jungle.
    It’s for a game show!!!! Voting him in to eat kangaroo nuts doesn’t mean he’s been forgiven