Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th November 2021 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Half time stats
  • Options
    General diminution caused by fatigue.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Morecambe0-2 MKD
    Stockton not even in the squad today so they won't be making a comeback
  • Options
    DJ for CBT, Leko for Davison. And maybe Gunter for Soare so Purrington can go back on the left.
  • Options
    Salop-py play by Shrewsbury; Charlton lacking intensity.

Sort it aht Curbs Jacko!

• Options
    Not the greatest half but I still think we will get something. 
  • Options
    We seem to have lost a bit of spark since the Plymouth match 
  • Options
    Cannot believe that Burstow isn't involved today, looked far more dangerous in his cameo vs Plymouth than Davison has in the past 3 games at least
  • Options
    Run out of steam ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Run out of steam ?
    Tree on the line
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    A very different challenge today, they’re getting players back in numbers deep behind the ball. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:
    A very different challenge today, they’re getting players back in numbers deep behind the ball. 
    And they're a big strong side.
  • Options
    Leko and Dj should provide some spark from the bench 
  • Options
    Bolton 1-2 Cheltenham
  • Options
    Definitely need a striker in January. Imagine Stockley or Washington getting a long term injury and having to rely on Davison for 3 months. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Cannot believe that Burstow isn't involved today, looked far more dangerous in his cameo vs Plymouth than Davison has in the past 3 games at least
    Burstow will get his chance in the two games coming up this week.

He'll probably start on Tuesday, maybe Friday too.
  • Options
    Lets get Leko and DJ on.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    If he is fit enough stick Leko upfront.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there radio commentary anywhere?
  • Options
    If he is fit enough stick Lego upfront.
    And if that doesn’t work, break out the Duplo.
  • Options
    Another serious medical case in the crowd at Hillsborough. Both teams medical teams raced into the crowd to help
  • Options
    I never thought I'd be desperately hoping we had a Stockley on the bench.
  • Options
    Our wing backs are poor. 
    Oversimplification in my opinion.

Souaré just isn’t attack minded enough. JJ had to do something because of the lack of options at the back, but Souaré just doesn’t offer the threat Purrington has been showing recently.
    The trouble is, we need someone who is at least a bit defensive on that side as we’re playing a lb at lcb so he’s going to need defensive support - so Kirk may not be the answer - but if time starts to run out I can see Kirk coming on to hopefully show what he can do in the attacking third.

On the right hand side, considering we’re playing a midfielder at rcb, I think CBT (like DJ before him) has put in a decent shift defensively, considering he’s a winger by trade.

Unfortunately the two wingbacks are leaving us a bit light up front due to (to varying degrees) working a bit too much on defence.

I expect DJ to replace CBT on about 60 mins to frighten their defence, plus Leko for Davison, then Kirk for Souaré late on if we still need a goal.
  • Options
    Stick Lego in the defensive wall
  • Options
    Our wing backs are poor. 
    Oversimplification in my opinion.

Souaré just isn’t attack minded enough. JJ had to do something because of the lack of options at the back, but Souaré just doesn’t offer the threat Purrington has been showing recently.
    The trouble is, we need someone who is at least a bit defensive on that side as we’re playing a lb at lcb so he’s going to need defensive support - so Kirk may not be the answer - but if time starts to run out I can see Kirk coming on to hopefully show what he can do in the attacking third.

On the right hand side, considering we’re playing a midfielder at rcb, I think CBT (like DJ before him) has put in a decent shift defensively, considering he’s a winger by trade.

Unfortunately the two wingbacks are leaving us a bit light up front due to (to varying degrees) working a bit too much on defence.

I expect DJ to replace CBT on about 60 mins to frighten their defence, plus Leko for Davison, then Kirk for Souaré late on if we still need a goal.
    Swap Purrington and Souare 
  • Options
    Stick Lego in the defensive wall
    I reckon he will stack up well.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!