Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 27th November 2021 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Take pops from outside the box. The one we had in the first half troubled the keeper and the wind behind us will help in that regard this half.
  • Options
    Need to stay patient here but also up the tempo whenever an opening or shooting opportunity presents itself. Need more from Davison. 
  • Options
    I don't like the way our bench matches up against their bodies behind the ball tactics. Perhaps today's the day that Morgan comes on and opens them up with a little bit of class. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Our wing backs are poor. 
    Oversimplification in my opinion.

Souaré just isn’t attack minded enough. JJ had to do something because of the lack of options at the back, but Souaré just doesn’t offer the threat Purrington has been showing recently.
    The trouble is, we need someone who is at least a bit defensive on that side as we’re playing a lb at lcb so he’s going to need defensive support - so Kirk may not be the answer - but if time starts to run out I can see Kirk coming on to hopefully show what he can do in the attacking third.

On the right hand side, considering we’re playing a midfielder at rcb, I think CBT (like DJ before him) has put in a decent shift defensively, considering he’s a winger by trade.

Unfortunately the two wingbacks are leaving us a bit light up front due to (to varying degrees) working a bit too much on defence.

I expect DJ to replace CBT on about 60 mins to frighten their defence, plus Leko for Davison, then Kirk for Souaré late on if we still need a goal.
    Swap Purrington and Souare 
    If Souaré can play there, then yes.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Our wing backs are poor. 

Souaré just isn’t attack minded enough. JJ had to do something because of the lack of options at the back, but Souaré just doesn’t offer the threat Purrington has been showing recently.
    The trouble is, we need someone who is at least a bit defensive on that side as we’re playing a lb at lcb so he’s going to need defensive support - so Kirk may not be the answer - but if time starts to run out I can see Kirk coming on to hopefully show what he can do in the attacking third.

On the right hand side, considering we’re playing a midfielder at rcb, I think CBT (like DJ before him) has put in a decent shift defensively, considering he’s a winger by trade.

Unfortunately the two wingbacks are leaving us a bit light up front due to (to varying degrees) working a bit too much on defence.

I expect DJ to replace CBT on about 60 mins to frighten their defence, plus Leko for Davison, then Kirk for Souaré late on if we still need a goal.
    Not sure my heart could handle Souare playing closer to our goal 
  • Options
    Washington forces a save, Charlton corner.
  • Options
    1. 49'

Post update

Foul by Thakgalo Leshabela (Shrewsbury Town).

2. 48'

Post update

Corey Blackett-Taylor (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    Really boring game... get leko and dj on
  • Options
    49' Chance! CBT crosses for Washington whose header draws a superb save from Marosi. #salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our twitter makes out that any shot/header that is saved is amazing! 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Our twitter makes out that any shot/header that is saved is amazing! 
    In fairness it was a smart save.
  • Options
    1. 50'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Matthew Pennington.

• Options
    We’ll win this. 

CBT playing very well, a bit confused by the calls to take him off but Leko is some super sub to have late on
  • Options
    52' Famewo booked for a foul on Udoh. #salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Millwall 2.1 down
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Well done, all of them.

If their planned method of transport home isn't running at least they can get an umbrella and do a Mary Poppins back.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Our wing backs are poor. 

Or put Deji in the back 3 & Purrington in the wing back position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the 949 #CAFC supporters that braved the journey to Shrewsbury there are only two trains back to Birmingham. 5.31pm & 5.41pm. It's about a 30 minute walk to the train station from the stadium. #Addicks
  • Options
    1. 53'

Post update

Offside, Shrewsbury Town. George Nurse tries a through ball, but Ryan Bowman is caught offside.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Our wing backs are poor. 

Or put Deji in the back 3 & Purrington in the wing back position. 
    Not in the squad..
  • Options
    56' Elliot Lee stings the palms of Marosi with a very decent drive from distance. #salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Better from Davison there and it leads to a good shot from Lee. 
  • Options
    Not good
  • Options
    57' Bloxham fires over for Shrewsbury. #salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    We’ll win this. 

CBT playing very well, a bit confused by the calls to take him off but Leko is some super sub to have late on.
    DJ replaces CBT.

Leko replaces Davison 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!