Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Aston Villa U21s | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 30th November 2021, 7pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
     Power to his elbow.......
  • Options
    Very strong rumours going around that Jayden Stockley will start tomorrow.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Very strong rumours going around that Jayden Stockley will start tomorrow.
    Wow … hadn’t heard that 
  • Options
    Villa are 2/1 to win this. 
    We are odds-on. 
    On their Pizza form alone Villa should be favourites. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Villa are 2/1 to win this. 
    We are odds-on. 
    On their Pizza form alone Villa should be favourites. 
    Well they were top(ping) of their Group ;) 
  • Options
    They'll be up for it unlike Soton U21's. we'll still win though.
  • Options
    Just seen that it is £5 to go to the game or £10 to stream it.....guess I won't be watching then. Had the prices matched I would have watched the stream.
  • Options
    What happened to Ryan Innis ? Surely after nearly 3 and a half months off he must be close to being fit ?
    The forecast was 3 months, but these are Charlton/Innis months which are longer than the usual ones
    Our "injury weeks/months" are the footballing equivalent of "dog years".

One Charlton injury week = Seven weeks (minimum) in the real world.
    Are we criticising the medical staff? Seems pretty unlikely that we know more about injuries, and how long it takes to get over them, than they do. It may feel like that sometimes, but I think our injury problems are more to do with recruitment and back luck, more than incompetence. 
  • Options
    Not heard much but would you play Stockley if he’s available?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cost is £1 for some.
  • Options
    My guess would be:        

Henderson

Gunter Deji Bakrin

Blackett Watson Arter  Kirk

Morgan

Strockley   Burstow

• Options
    Do you have to charge something for tickets? 

Letting season ticket holders in for free, even giving them a free extra ticket would probably double the attendance?  Even though a 5er isn't an issue people love a freebie.

You would probably sell more streams if there were people in the ground as well. 

The gross gate isn't going to even pay Watson's wages for the week and I doubt Villa are bothered about their share. 
  • Options
    This could be one of the first home games, for me, where going is cheaper than a stream.
    I am an old git in zone 3 with a freedom pass.
    The entrance is £1 (I hope I can buy at the ground!).
    So a quid to be there as opposed to ten quid staying at home.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd say this but I hope JJ plays a reasonably strong team tonight (and the first team on Friday).

We are not going to go down; there's no hope of automatic promotion; and we'd need near championship form to get into the play off places. Maybe not quite impossible but the last 2 games have shown unlikely. So if this isn't the season to take the cups seriously, when is?

Win tonight and we are 3 (or is it 4 - not sure if the semi finals are 2 legs) games away from Wembley. Again I'm not sure on this but if the games are "seeded" ie we're in the Southern section all the way to the final then the only team in the southern group who should trouble us if we play a strong team is Ipswich.

I quite like the look of the team covered end lad has posted above. I hope JJ goes with something very similar. 
  • Options
    Never thought I'd say this but I hope JJ plays a reasonably strong team tonight (and the first team on Friday).

We are not going to go down; there's no hope of automatic promotion; and we'd need near championship form to get into the play off places. Maybe not quite impossible but the last 2 games have shown unlikely. So if this isn't the season to take the cups seriously, when is?

Win tonight and we are 3 (or is it 4 - not sure if the semi finals are 2 legs) games away from Wembley. Again I'm not sure on this but if the games are "seeded" ie we're in the Southern section all the way to the final then the only team in the southern group who should trouble us if we play a strong team is Ipswich.

I quite like the look of the team covered end lad has posted above. I hope JJ goes with something very similar. 
    I agree with you that we should play a strong team on Friday but tonight i wouldn't risk playing hardly any of our important players with Gateshead and Ipswich coming up in the next week. 

• Options

I agree with you that we should play a strong team on Friday but tonight i wouldn't risk playing hardly any of our important players with Gateshead and Ipswich coming up in the next week. 

Gateshead! 
    If any of our squad can not win their individual battle against Gateshead they need to go. We should play the second 11.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Again agreed. 

If you look at covered end lad's team, there are only 3 players in it who might start on Friday if JJ plays the first team. Stockley, who probably needs a game and I imagine will only play for 45 minutes; Blackett - Taylor who if he was unlucky enough to pick up an injury could easily be replaced with DJ or Leko; and Gunter, who I have a feeling won't start on Friday.

There's enough fringe players in our first team squad to still put out a strong team without playing those likely to start on Friday. Much better to go in that direction than playing a load of kids like we did at orient. 
  • Options
    Have we ever lost to a Premier League B team before in this competition?
  • Options
    Yeah we lost to Swansea U21 0-1 at home in the group stage in 2018-19. We were knocked out in the group stage that season, despite beating Stevenage 8 nil in an earlier game!
  • Options
    2018/19 we lost to Swansea in the Group Stage
  • Options
    Spoke to Johnnie Jackson on Sunday and he stated that Ryan Inniss is training on the grass again but will probably need four more weeks before he is ready for the first team
    Good to hear, those Christmas games, we'll need the squad options
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Spoke to Johnnie Jackson on Sunday and he stated that Ryan Inniss is training on the grass again but will probably need four more weeks before he is ready for the first team
    Can think about giving him minutes in the FA Cup 3rd Round - Kevin de Bruyne wont know what hits him
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can think about giving him minutes in the FA Cup 3rd Round - Kevin de Bruyne wont know what hits him
    The bottom section of Inniss' leg after it snaps off from a wild clearance.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    What happened to Ryan Innis ? Surely after nearly 3 and a half months off he must be close to being fit ?
    The forecast was 3 months, but these are Charlton/Innis months which are longer than the usual ones
    Our "injury weeks/months" are the footballing equivalent of "dog years".

One Charlton injury week = Seven weeks (minimum) in the real world.
    Are we criticising the medical staff? Seems pretty unlikely that we know more about injuries, and how long it takes to get over them, than they do. It may feel like that sometimes, but I think our injury problems are more to do with recruitment and back luck, more than incompetence. 
    I wasn't having a pop at anyone, just bemoaning the small matter of our injuries always seeming to last longer than the original prognosis.

Heaven help that we may try to make light of our misfortune. Crikey, gallows humour is about the only thing that's got me through the last 40+ years watching Charlton!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    This could be one of the first home games, for me, where going is cheaper than a stream.
    I am an old git in zone 3 with a freedom pass.
    The entrance is £1 (I hope I can buy at the ground!).
    So a quid to be there as opposed to ten quid staying at home.
    You can but there is a £4 transaction fee for using the windows….