Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Aston Villa U21s | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 30th November 2021, 7pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    When can we start the pizza topping  jokes ?
  • Options
    Too cheesy for a site like this.
  • Options
    The way the team have conserved energy and played within themselves over the last week shows how much this cup means to them. 4-0 The Addicks.
  • Options
    They're only allowed if they're seafood pizza-related.

Not enough fish puns on this site ...
  • Options
    Just remember again a 7pm kick off
  • Options
    Cameron Archer is the one to watch as he scores all types of goals.  Long range, close range, either foot or headers in the box.
    Not a big lad but very mobile and great with both feet.  He'll pop up on the wings and create havoc too with strong crossing ability.  His finishes are all well placed too so Beadle might be called on a fair bit.
    He's a proper handful and averages a goal a game this season when he's played.  Might need Barker to smash him to slow him down but the centre backs will be busy.

That said Villa U21's are rather leaky at the back so we need the strikers to be on form.  They conceded a fair few from crosses and corners with players seeming to mark space as opposed to players (maybe just ball watching) but they can be got at.  They were pumped 8-1 last season by Sunderland and lots of the goals came from balls into the box as opposed to the opponent playing their way through.  Vinisalo was in goal that night and he looked pretty average.  The other keeper, Searle, looks even more average (you watch one of them have a blinder tonight!)

Really looking forward to this one.  I need my footie fix but would also love to see us in the last 16 of a competition

• Options
    OS states that Bartrams will be open from 5pm so guess that Crossbars will be shut.

Can anyone confirm, please ? 
  • Options
    Paid my pound for tonight's game, actually £2.50 including the damned on line fee.
    looking forward to seeing some youngsters and some squad players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good preview.
    Morgan, Watson, Kirk and Henderson should play but not if they are in cup action on Friday. Stockley with Burstow would be interesting.
  • Options
    Being used to men's football, am sure Morgan, Watson, Kirk and Henderson could and should manage a game on a Tue and Fri.

That's 2 whole days rest from 90 minutes. The time you consider resting players is when they actually need a rest - for example, might have played 8 games in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Give it 10 minutes and I’ll be pepperoniing this  thread with puns 🍕 
  • Options
  • Options
    Strong starting 11. I’ll definitely be watching the stream. Hopefully it will be as enjoyable as the other games.
  • Options
    I've been told that Stockley might be starting
  • Options
    Sorry, just got in.

I'll put up a Match Thread in a few minutes.

• Options
    Really looking forward to this now interested to see how Stockley & Mason shape up, I think that could work really well. Meanwhile a chance for kirk and morgan to stake a claim on a starting spot 
  • Options
    The Villa Under 21s will actually be getting to play against some seasoned pros tonight, indeed the PL should pay us more money for putting such a "starry" team out

• Options
    Decent line up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wing backs clayden and Kirk?
  • Options
    A great opportunity for the 4 youth team players to make an impact. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    The likes of Morgan, Arter and Kirk has something to prove

And pleased that we have a few first teamers on the bench too, so that when the likes of Stockley come off, we have recent replacements there
  • Options
    Its good to see Lucas Ness on the bench, was beginning to think he was a myth 
    Going to be a monster of a player.

• Options
    Morgan and Kirk are the two main creative players, whether it is 442 or 352. It will be particularly interesting to see if they can make an impact
  • Options
    Imagine the young Villa defenders dealing with Stockley, thats going to be interesting !!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Its good to see Lucas Ness on the bench, was beginning to think he was a myth 
    Going to be a monster of a player.

Provided he doesnt go missing in games too often
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Imagine the young Villa defenders dealing with Stockley, thats going to be interesting !!
    straight to the Headmasters office