Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(+Post p10) Match Thread: Charlton vs Aston Villa U21s | Papa John's Trophy | Tues 30th Nov 2021 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Gunter is our weakest link
  • Options

45+3' Harness thwarts Archer's venomous drive. #cafc 2 #avfc 1
  • Options
    HT 2-1
  • Options
    Chukwemeka has a shot, Harness blocks with  delicate part of his anatomy and it goes out for a corner. Harness gets up gingerly.
  • Options
  • Options
    Corner taken short, Watson intercepts, and the ref blows up for half time.
  • Options
    Danny Cowley is here.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Love to know what goes through his mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Danny Cowley is here.
    Looking to see who he can take on loan in January. Hopefully we are doing the same.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Just stay fit and play well for Wales 
  • Options
    Gunter has been diabolical!
    chases the ball, high pressure then jogs back! Looks the least seasoned pro out there
  • Options
    Been quite entertaining this match
    Yeah indeed. I’ve enjoyed all the games in the cup so far. Not sure if the players feel a little less pressure, or because the under 21 teams are maybe weaker defensively but we’ve played some exciting football. 

Southbank said:
    CBT more impact in 2 minutes than Kirk in 42, sadly
    Feel like Kirk has been very tidy overall actually, has moved the ball well in some tight positions and has defended well. Just does not feel like a winger, especially when you compare him to our others. 
    I meant more attacking impact. He is supposed to be an attacker.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Gunter has been diabolical!
    chases the ball, high pressure then jogs back! Looks the least seasoned pro out there
    Imagine Elerewe and Bakrin lining up alongside a country's most capped player only to find you're better than him. 
  • Options
    England ladies 8-0 after 44 minutes. 
    Can we keep this thread football orientated?
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Been quite entertaining this match
    Yeah indeed. I’ve enjoyed all the games in the cup so far. Not sure if the players feel a little less pressure, or because the under 21 teams are maybe weaker defensively but we’ve played some exciting football. 

Southbank said:
    CBT more impact in 2 minutes than Kirk in 42, sadly
    Feel like Kirk has been very tidy overall actually, has moved the ball well in some tight positions and has defended well. Just does not feel like a winger, especially when you compare him to our others. 
    I meant more attacking impact. He is supposed to be an attacker.
    Agreed. He's offered little going forward, and I don't think he has the engine to play wing back. 
  • Options
    Not a bad first half. Villa decent going forward. More goals in this game. Hope we get more than them. CBT looks like he has the beating of their defender.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Danny Cowley is here.
    Looking to see who he can take on loan in January. Hopefully we are doing the same.
    He can borrow Gunter or Morgan if he likes. Kirk even.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to think about Friday and next week, but I hope we don't weaken ourselves too much with our subs. 
  • Options
    Decent team performance overall. Well taken goal from Burstow after he missed an easier chance earlier. Usual pick and mix from Watson, Arter and Morgan. Not good enough for the first team.
    The two centre backs Bakrin and Elerewe did pretty well. Clayden looks good until the final pass.
    Kirk tidy at the back but no attacking penetration.
    CBT will already be giving his full back nightmares after just 5 minutes.
    We deserve to be ahead.
  • Options
    That was a really enjoyable first half with both teams playing some lovely football.

This is a very talented young villa team. Lots of neat passing and always looking dangerous on the breakaways
    They are unlucky to be losing and charlton will do well to win this. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Enjoying your commentary aliwibble as always - thanks.

By the way, in an off moment and when there’s nothing else to talk about - can you explain what your icon is all about 😄
    Looks like an impressionist piece of art imitating the classic Lemmings from the retro video game to me. 
    Yep, specifically the moment before the "Oh no...." *BOOM*
  • Options
    Forgot it was an early kick off, but started watching in time for Mason’s goal. Worth the ‘price of admission’ alone. What a great finish! He’s looking very good in open play, really nice first touch, and decent passer of the ball too. 
  • Options
    Stockers back with a bang 

• Options
    Dear me sounds like Gunter is displaying his true worth again. Unless we get a CB back, we're going to struggle in the league sadly.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    seth plum said:
    Danny Cowley is here.
    He can borrow Gunter or Morgan if he likes. Kirk even.
    Unfair to lump Morgan in with Gunter
  • Options