Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League managers - best 11

At playing football.

A lot of them are fresh faces from playing days. Gerrard and Vieira, for example.

People who have been premier League managers, past and present can only make the squad. 

The available players to select Don't need premier League days. It is not a requirement...but it's probably likely to occur anyway. 

Keeper ?

RB? Tony Adams CB? LB?

RW? Gerrard, Vieira, Lampard, LW?

OGS, 

Subs: Arteta, Keane, Bryon Robson, souness, shearer

Can someone fill the rest. A coffee isn't enough for me to dip into memory. Plus my bench is now arguably an improvement on the 1st 11.

Comments

• You could have Nuno in goal, or dare I say it Adkins….
  • edited December 2021
    Steve Bruce next to Adams
  • Stuart Pearce LB
  • Ryan Giggs was Interim Manager @ Man Utd so Left-Wing sorted
  • Midfield diamond of conte, Viera, Lampard & Gerrard.
  • Not sure you can leave Pep out of any midfield. Won La Liga 6 times, Copa del Rey, Spanish Supercup, Champions League, Cup Winners' Cup and Super Cup as well as an Olympic gold medal. Wonderful player.
  • Not sure you can leave Pep out of any midfield. Won La Liga 6 times, Copa del Rey, Spanish Supercup, Champions League, Cup Winners' Cup and Super Cup as well as an Olympic gold medal. Wonderful player.
    Not to mention Ruud Gullit
  • Zola wasn't a bad player 
  • Ronald Koeman at CB?
  • Keeper is a real issue. Only one I can think of is Kelvin Davies who managed Southampton for less than a week!
  • Sponsored links:

• Just picking ex Man U players, a nice selection

Bruce, Gordon Strachan, Ray Wilkins, Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Roy Keane, OGS, Giggs (interim), Carrick (interim)

• Mike Walker in goal.
    Not to mention Ruud Gullit
    Great shout. Luca Vialli was an excellent player too
  • It's interesting how few goalkeepers have become managers. 

Bryan Gunn counts, as he had 21 games in charge of Norwich, and was a better player than the likes of Adkins or Walker
  • Nuno 
    Steve Clarke Howe Bruce Pearce
    Lampard Gerrard Vieira
    Zola Shearer Hughes
  • edited December 2021
    Dalgish has got to be in there.
    All very true, but in his position there is also Roy Keane.
  • Nuno was the best keeper I think, his sacking ruined the current PL managers XI, you'd have to try Klopp is goal or something now.
  • Another defender is Frank de Boer. A quality defender, and did a brilliant job at Palace which he sadly wasn't allowed to continue for a whole season!
  • Ronald Koeman at CB?
    Good shout
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2021
    You're stacked in midfield, Gullit, Hoddle, Gerrard, Vieira, Pep, Keane.... defence is weaker.
  • You're stacked in midfield, Gullit, Hoddle, Gerrard, Vieira, Pep, Keane.... defence is weaker.
    Southgate was never a bad Defender... He managed Middlesbrough 
  • Dalgish has got to be in there.
    100% agree.

I would also consider Di Matteo and definitely Mancini.
  • You're stacked in midfield, Gullit, Hoddle, Gerrard, Vieira, Pep, Keane.... defence is weaker.
    Southgate was never a bad Defender... He managed Middlesbrough 
    You can make a decent defence, but the midfield includes Ballon d'Or, World Cup, Champions League & FA PotY winners etc
  • edited December 2021
    Michael Laudrup gets in for me 
  • edited December 2021
    Laudrup?
    Manchini? 

Nuno 
    Adams Koeman Bruce
                   Keane
    Gerrard Gullit Hoddle Giggs
             Shearer Zola

Subs Bobby Robson, Bryan Robson, Veria, Lampard, OGS, Dalglish and Pep. 

• edited December 2021
    Phil Neal at full back? One of the most decorated players of all time. 

8 league titles and 4 European cups!
  • Not doing a team bit see there are no mentions for likes of Kevin Keegan , Graeme Souness, Vialli, Mancini, Ray Wilkins, Stuart Pearce, Brian Clough, Di Canio, Michael Laudrup, Ossie Ardilles, Glenn Hoddle etc 
  • edited December 2021
    Nuno
    Neal, Gullit, Adams, Koeman
    Laudrup, Vieira, Gerrard, Giggs
    Dalglish, Keegan

I've probably forgotten someone but there we go.

Gullit in defence feels a bit of a waste but he was class there.

Some great players missing out too, Shearer the most obvious.
  • edited December 2021
    Phil Neal at full back? One of the most decorated players of all time. 

8 league titles and 4 European cups!
    Shoo-in at right back,other choices are nowhere near as good.