Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021 : 7.45pm ko

Comments

• edited December 2021
    Is this EL's worst game yet? Lucky to not give away a dangerous Fk there.
  • Lee looks a bit knackered 
  • Oof. Pearce struggles to clear, the ball goes wide to Bonne, Ipswich have a shot which hits Lee in the face and goes out for a corner.
  • 2 mins added time. Bonne wins the header from the corner, but it goes out for a goal kick.
  • HT 1-0
  • Solid half, Clare not at the races.
  • Good half. Ipswich haven't offered much apart from that final 5 minutes. Lee has been poor, Gilbey exceptional
  • Sponsored links:

• Clare takes his time taking the throw, and the ref blows up for half time.
  • Solid half, Clare not at the races.
    ???????????????
  • DJ looks knackered. I’d be surprised if he came out second half.
  • 1StevieG said:
    DJ looks knackered. I’d be surprised if he came out second half.
    He gets a break now. He'll be fine for another 15-20.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Solid half, Clare not at the races.
    Clare?!

Lee has been the most off form player.
    If anything DJ has been quiet going forward
  • Could & maybe should be 2 up
  • Could & maybe should be 2 up
    Did you wait for Curbs to say that before posting? 😘
  • Sponsored links:

• Defo not 25k in the ground…apart from that we look good. Dobbo and Washington best players for me
  • Great 20 minute spell. Lee having a poor game. Washington causing all sorts of problem to their CBs. Need a second and I think job would be done, Ipswich look so poor
  • Not a great game, or a big crowd, but a deserved lead. 

Not Lee’s night so far is it? Stockley’s a good footballer. Can’t believe people were in his case earlier in the year. Good partnership with CW at this level.

DJ has been good defensively. Good team player but like Brownie, I’d like to see him running past the full back more often.
  • Weird half that. Very cagey first 20 minutes and then we got the goal and looked very good from there on out. 

Have to say not been very impressed with Ipswich at all. You can clearly see they have talent across the pitch but, as @ForeverAddickted alluded to, they don’t really seem to have much of a game plan.

Still think we will need another though as Ipswich will be the sort of team who could make a goal out of nothing. 
    What Matt Holland said before the game about Ipswich (the bit where very few players are putting in performances that could make them undroppable) makes even more sense watching them
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Solid half, Clare not at the races.
    Clare?!

Lee has been the most off form player.
    Given the ball away three or four times down this right side. 
  • How many in the ground, roughly?
  • Ipswich have looked like us under Adkins for large periods of this half
    What by playing 4231?   

The ref should have saved everyone 90 minutes of their lives by giving us a 2-0 victory just from the formations :wink:

Why does Washington look like a class left winger when he is playing "through the middle" and like a shit left winger when he is playing on the left?

Scott Fraser is not the massiah. 
  • cafc4life said:
    Great 20 minute spell. Lee having a poor game. Washington causing all sorts of problem to their CBs. Need a second and I think job would be done, Ipswich look so poor
    Guess considering there defence has been an issue for them from game one it makes sense that someone with Washington’s movement and tenacity would be giving them all sorts of issues.

Weird half that. Very cagey first 20 minutes and then we got the goal and looked very good from there on out. 

Have to say not been very impressed with Ipswich at all. You can clearly see they have talent across the pitch but, as @ForeverAddickted alluded to, they don’t really seem to have much of a game plan.

Still think we will need another though as Ipswich will be the sort of team who could make a goal out of nothing. 
    What Matt Holland said before the game about Ipswich (the bit where very few players are putting in performances that could make them undroppable) makes even more sense watching them
    Wonder if there transfer window. Essentially hoovering up the best talent, but maybe not looking at personalities has something to do with it. I don’t really see a leader anywhere on that pitch for them for instance.
  • 1StevieG said:
    DJ looks knackered. I’d be surprised if he came out second half.

Leko ain't a bad sub to have to bring on vs a tiring left back whose on a booking though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!