Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021 : 7.45pm ko

edited December 2021 in General Charlton
Ipswich Town tonight under the lights, at a hopefully packed but no doubt a bit draughty Valley.
Our opponents have thrown Jacko a curved ball, by sacking manager Paul Cook - it's anybody's guess how they'll approach the game tonight.

Thomas has done his bit with his free ticket initiative. Ipswich, I believe, have sold out the Jimmy South Stand.
It all points to a cracking atmosphere. 

Cap'n Pearcey has hopefully proven his fitness to be added to the squad. I can't see Jacko wanting to make too many changes.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Pearce (c), Famewo; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Stockley, Washington

Subs: Henderson, Elerewe, Souaré, Watson, Kirk, Leko, Davison

Captain Clean Shorts is the studio guest tonight, alongsgide Scottie and Curbs.
Charlton TV match preview starts at 7pm.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Here we go, big crowd, huge three points to be won, and Jacko announced prior to kick off.. ;)
    Looking forward to catching up with Matt Holland with Scott and Curbs...really needed Pearce back in and good to see Stockley back, really missed the pair lately looks a strong line up..COYR go get that win..
  • Options
    Jubilee line suspended in both directions. Could be a lot of late arrivals tonight. 
  • Options
    Pearce back in, big boost that!
    Hope he does an absolute job on Bonne tonight. Gonna be difficult because at this level Bonne is very good. 
  • Options
    Happy to see Pearcy back! Lets have it.
  • Options
    Probably a ghost town on here for this game, with everyone at the game it seems. I do feel like the crippled child left behind by the pied piper. We'll keep a candle burning for everyone that has left the forum for the game.
  • Options
    Big boost to get Pearce back.
  • Options
    pretty much the strongest team available, and shows good consistent selection .. for me the Ipswich line up indicates what a confused state the club is in
  • Options
    Not the comedian Lee Evans? Could make it tricky
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, someone's put up the Ipswich team but not ours.

Very sporting I must say.
  • Options
    Probably a ghost town on here for this game, with everyone at the game it seems. I do feel like the crippled child left behind by the pied piper. We'll keep a candle burning for everyone that has left the forum for the game.
    I'll be watching from home tonight... Came out of Self-Isolation today after testing positive for COVID recently - Thought it would be sensible for me to stay away tonight, just in case I've still got something that I can pass on.
    It's hope you need to be careful around. It can kill, as every Charlton fan knows.
  • Options
    Watching on Charlton TV tonight too far to travel in midweek. COYR 

• Options
    edited December 2021

Read the very first post - Oggy will always update his thread post with the team when its announced
  • Options
    Hope he does an absolute job on Bonne tonight. Gonna be difficult because at this level Bonne is very good. 
    He'll foul him & give away a pen. Pearce has too many clumsy challenges in him.
  • Options
    I’m man enough to admit that the weather this afternoon made me turn my nose up at a free ticket and pay £10 to watch it at home with a dominos in the warm instead….
  • Options

Read the very first post - Oggy will always update his thread post with the team when its announced

Sorry, I just looked at the time of his post & assumed it was a guess.

Might he a good idea to clarify it in future.
  • Options
    We will see. I’m pretty certain they will target that DJ and Clare side of the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will see. I’m pretty certain they will target that DJ and Clare side of the pitch.
    if there is a weakness, that is where it is .. Gateshead nearly had a field day down that side, BUT we had no Pearce last Friday
  • Options
    Charlton TV....Matt Holland looks like he could still be playing !
  • Options
    if there is a weakness, that is where it is .. Gateshead nearly had a field day down that side, BUT we had no Pearce last Friday
    Yeah there forward players kept getting in between Elewere and Clare. Have a feeling with Pearce’s organisation that may happen less. 

I can see someone like Fraser drifting out to that space between DJ and Clare and potentially causing issues.

All that being said, feel we certainly have the fire power to give them plenty of issues ourselves. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Charlton TV....Matt Holland looks like he could still be playing !
    Ha he does! So does Minto. Curbs looks loike he could still manage.

Deffo not enough stress!!
  • Options
    Is there anyway to get Valleypass on a Samsung tv without any extra equipment?
  • Options
    Oh please Scotty, stop asking questions beginning with how. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Go jacko,.. good relaxed look and interview on the stream, big crowd under the lights, should be a good physical match, looking forward to getting back to winning ways, but three points there to be got, good to have pearce back in defence, so all sound positive..go you Addicks
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!