Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021 : 7.45pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Walton really earning his wages tonight.
  • Options
    If we dont win this one I hope people agree with me that its not a defensive problem but an attacking one.
    We'll never agree on that one Golfie

Both attack and defence have to do its job, on this current result - Both have done just that, if we draw or lose now then the defence has let us down. 
    Really  ??
    With all the chances we've missed ??

As I type we miss yet another chance.

And you are saying if they score you'd blame our defence. 
  • Options
    Connor unlucky there. Drive it hard at the corner, not much different he can do. Lee with a tired attempt on the rebound. 
  • Options
    Arghhhh Washington so deserves a goal tonight 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Lee is making all the wrong choices today
    Yep gotta keep him on though because he's the best 10 we have and when he does make the right choice, it tends to start a chance.
    I take it back.
  • Options
    FFS Charlton shape up and get that second before this bunch of no hopers snatch the undeserved draw... :s
  • Options
    McG forward to Stockley, nods on to Washington whos shot is saved by the keepers feet, and it comes back to Lee who massively spongefoots high and wide.
  • Options
    That has to be a booking!?!?
  • Options
    Famewo smashing Bonne off the pitch... Hahaha
  • Options
    79' CHANCE! Stockley flicks on to leave Washington one-on-one but Walton makes the save. #cafc 1 #itfc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And another good save from him.
  • Options
    Book him ref...
  • Options
    Purrington down the left and along the goal line, and wins a free kick just outside the area.
  • Options
    82' Close! Walton makes another save as Washington turns in the box and fires a bouncing shot towards the top corner. #cafc 1 #itfc 0
  • Options
    edited December 2021

You can say that again
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    79' CHANCE! Stockley flicks on to leave Washington one-on-one but Walton makes the save. #cafc 1 #itfc 0
    Washington needs to hit it near post low and hard more often.
  • Options
    Going wide anyway
  • Options
    Tbf their keeper has made some great saves.....

But we've also not been clinical enough. 
  • Options
    Fuck off Walton FFS! 
  • Options
    OOH!! Lee loops the ball to the far post, Pearce heads back to Washington, who shoots into the ground and the keeper parries away for a corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We haven't stopped looking for the second goal. Could easily be sitting back and trying to defend this last 10 mins.
  • Options
    If we dont win this one I hope people agree with me that its not a defensive problem but an attacking one.
    We'll never agree on that one Golfie

Both attack and defence have to do its job, on this current result - Both have done just that, if we draw or lose now then the defence has let us down. 
    Really  ??
    With all the chances we've missed ??

As I type we miss yet another chance.

And you are saying if they score you'd blame our defence. 
    Of course its going to be the fault of the defence if we concede!!

Of course 3-0, 4-0 makes us comfortable but it doesn't make us safe does it if the defence doesnt do its job.

When defences keep clean sheets it makes the job of the strikers even easier as they're under less pressure to score when they do get opportunities 
  • Options
    Another far post corner Purrington heads it back across, but we Ipswich clear.
  • Options
    Famewo very lucky there
  • Options
    Akin brilliant then stupid and the Ref gives him a let off. 
  • Options
    Eeek. Famewo with his fifa defending again. Getting lucky. 
  • Options
    81' Final switch. Cameron Humphreys is on for Kyle Edwards.
  • Options
    Famewo very lucky there
    Nah good defending then fouled.
  • Options
    Another Ipswich sub, Pearce gets stranded downfield, Famewo has to defend, but gets caught in possession and goes down. Luckily the ref gives us a free kick.
  • Options
    Cant blame Famewo for that... Was the fault of the Strikers
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!