Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021 : 7.45pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Rush of blood from Purrington there. 
  • Options
    Dare I say, I will be happy with a 1-0 win
  • Options
    If we dont win this one I hope people agree with me that its not a defensive problem but an attacking one.
    We'll never agree on that one Golfie

Both attack and defence have to do its job, on this current result - Both have done just that, if we draw or lose now then the defence has let us down. 
    Really  ??
    With all the chances we've missed ??

As I type we miss yet another chance.

And you are saying if they score you'd blame our defence. 
    Of course its going to be the fault of the defence if we concede!!

Of course 3-0, 4-0 makes us comfortable but it doesn't make us safe does it if the defence doesnt do its job.

When defences keep clean sheets it makes the job of the strikers even easier as they're under less pressure to score when they do get opportunities 
    That's just bonkers so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    Ref is giving us everything. Finally we've got a Homer!
  • Options
    Lee hauled back, ref gives us nothing but Gilbey picks up possession, Purrington blazes high from distance.
  • Options
    Oh Purrington. Take. A. Touch.
  • Options
    Come on Addicks, ten ish minutes. Don't let one in and ideally, score one to put it to bed.
  • Options
    Oh god...nervous for the first time in ages...
  • Options
    If we dont win this one I hope people agree with me that its not a defensive problem but an attacking one.
    We'll never agree on that one Golfie

Both attack and defence have to do its job, on this current result - Both have done just that, if we draw or lose now then the defence has let us down. 
    Really  ??
    With all the chances we've missed ??

As I type we miss yet another chance.

And you are saying if they score you'd blame our defence. 
    Of course its going to be the fault of the defence if we concede!!

Of course 3-0, 4-0 makes us comfortable but it doesn't make us safe does it if the defence doesnt do its job.

When defences keep clean sheets it makes the job of the strikers even easier as they're under less pressure to score when they do get opportunities 
    That's just bonkers so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    You don't agree that if a striker does their job and scores a goal, that it's the defences fault if we concede and fail to win?
  • Options
    85' Purrington fires over with a speculative effort. #cafc 1 #itfc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now we have a free kick near the centre circle. Clare takes it long and their defender hoofs it into the corner but out for a throw.
  • Options
    We have another shot straight at their keeper.
  • Options
    Why did Gilbey turn back there? Played Clare into all sorts of bother. 
  • Options
    Stockley's getting frustrated, cue a booking.
  • Options
    Leko plays Clare into a bit of trouble, but he goes down and the ref gives us a free kick.
  • Options
    Ggooaaalll 2-0
  • Options
    Leko has been poor since coming on. Jaiyesimi offers so much more.
  • Options
    Guarantee, if we are winning 1-0 at 90th minute, there will be a minimum 5 minutes added on time
  • Options
    Goal!!!
  • Options
    yay X 2.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game.

Over.

Gilbey with the finish.

2-0
  • Options
    F******* yes
  • Options
    Gilbey!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WHAAT AA GOOAAALLLLL
  • Options
    2-0 Gilbey
  • Options
    At bloody last  !
  • Options
    Ooh, Leko goes on a sideways run into the area, has a shot and the keeper parries. Ipswich counter but Gilbey tracks back to win possession.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!