Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town | Tuesday 7 December 2021 : 7.45pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Corner taken quickly, comes back to Leko but his attempted cross is blocked and Ipswich come back at us.
  • Options
    Leko showing why Birmingham didn't see a future for him in the league above.
  • Options
    If we dont win this one I hope people agree with me that its not a defensive problem but an attacking one.
  • Options
    They are absolutely there for the taking
  • Options
    Gilbey plays a long pass over to Washington and he's wide on the left, but his cross isn't the best and misses everyone.
  • Options
    1. 71'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Aristote Nsiala.

• Options
    If we dont win this one I hope people agree with me that its not a defensive problem but an attacking one.
    We'll never agree on that one Golfie

Both attack and defence have to do its job, on this current result - Both have done just that, if we draw or lose now then the defence has let us down. 
  • Options
    If only Gilbey was better in front of goal - Been outstanding 
    Outstanding block from their defender, to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leko showing why Birmingham didn't see a future for him in the league above.
    The bloke’s been injured and isn’t match sharp
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    They are absolutely there for the taking
    But as the thread once said...."where are the goals going to come from" ?
  • Options
    Not sure if Dobson was dallying or playing for that foul but we have a free kick near the back of the centre circle.
  • Options
    1. 74'

Post update

Foul by Joe Pigott (Ipswich Town).

2. 74'

Post update

George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Lee is making all the wrong choices today
  • Options
    Bah, we over play it a bit on the corner of their area there, and we give the ball away.
  • Options
    If our forwards scored every chance we created they wouldn't be plying their trade in Division Three with us, they'd be at a much higher level.
  • Options
    We’ve played some lovely stuff at times tonight. A lot of it has not quite come off but we’re certainly not easy to defend against anymore. There’s a nice variety to our play. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Lee is making all the wrong choices today
    Yep gotta keep him on though because he's the best 10 we have and when he does make the right choice, it tends to start a chance.
  • Options
    Christ sake Pearce get up !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How is he not booking Bonne for that?
  • Options
    Getting twitchy here. This should be 2-0 or 3-0 by now. Got all the hallmarks of a late kick in the nads.
  • Options
    Bonne and Pearce having a bit of argy-bargy in our area as the ball goes back to McG. Pearce now having a tactical lie down by the goal line
  • Options
    Now that is “peak Pearce”!
  • Options
    1. 78'

Post update

Foul by Macauley Bonne (Ipswich Town).

2. 78'

Post update

Jason Pearce (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Haha... Love Pearce, what an idiot from Bonne
  • Options
    5 shots on target to 0, but only 1-0.  I am inclined to sympathy with golfie's position.
  • Options
    Ohhhh Lee. Really isn't his night. 
  • Options
    Oh Conor!

Stop giving Golfie ammo!

Kick upfield from MacKeeper, flicked on by Stockers, Washy's shot across the keeper blocked by an outstretched leg.
  • Options
    Nice body charge from Famewo on Bonne to keep possession, the ball comes back, and Clare makes a great tackle on the edge of out area.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!