Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Xmas Threads 2021 - Kids Up Yet?

Early starts for people or not? What time they have you up this morning

Comments

• I doubt its the worst, but my horrible horror of a child got me up at 7am

He is being dropped at the Fire Station as we speak
  • Baby up at 6 then the other 2 kids at half 6. Now currently fighting the recycling bin to put these poxy boxes away
  • edited December 2021
    My two girls woke me up at 8, which is quite early for them. Their mum has been working a nightshift and won't be back til 9:30, so no opening presents until then! They should've stayed in bed.
  • Woke up at 8am, kids still in bed asleep, ah bliss!!

For those with young kids, it does get better!
  • Just before 7:30, I can live with that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I was up at 6 which is pretty normal for me.  AA jr is 27.  I don't know if he's up yet, he's got his own place, but somehow I doubt it.
  • 6:40. Better than I planned
  • Don't have kids, but the dogs, who usually sleep in til 8.30/9 got up and started howling to be let out at quarter past 6
  • kids aint up yet but they are 18 and 21 - the wife has just woken and said 'i'm never getting round your brother's for 12, 'i'm hanging like a beeatch'
  • Sponsored links:

• We had the joy of speaking to my youngest last night - well it was Christmas in Aus at that time. Our first Christmas without him but, much to his mother's chagrin, he says that Christmas isn't the massive ongoing event that it is here and he rather likes it as such. That's my boy!
  • My kids are grown up and I miss Christmas morning with the little ones so much! Having said that my youngest Son (28) is back with us and went out yesterday afternoon at 2pm and came home" very merry" at 5.45am today! My Grandson is awash with toys and that's what Christmas morning should be like - all you parents with young ones enjoy every moment.
  • Kids are 8 and 11 

told them not to wake us up before 8:00. 

Heard them go downstairs with nanna about 7:00 but they didn’t come and get us until 8:00
  • Bit off topic and not worth starting a thread on, but over the past week I’ve occasionally looked on Facebook and there are quite a number people saying they haven’t sent cards and will be donating to charity instead.

Fair enough, each to their own, but why not say you just can’t be bothered? Why not donate to charity and send cards? Why not buy charity cards? Is life led by saying Merry Christmas on social media?

• Bit off topic and not worth starting a thread on, but over the past week I’ve occasionally looked on Facebook and there are quite a number people saying they haven’t sent cards and will be donating to charity instead.

Fair enough, each to their own, but why not say you just can’t be bothered? Why not donate to charity and send cards? Why not buy charity cards? Is life led by saying Merry Christmas on social media?

I guess the main purpose is so that certain people don’t think you’ve dropped just them off their Christmas card list for that year. 

However it equally works well to send a personalised text or email to people who’d expect a physical card and let them know you’re donating to charity instead of contributing to landfill and the continuation of Royal Mail. 
    That way only those people who even make your Christmas card list will know and not the tenuous ‘friends’ on your Facebook list who didn’t ever receive one anyway. And therefore didn’t need to know you were no longer sending them. 

We still send cards but some of those people possibly can't afford now to buy cards (plus the cost of postage) because of the times we are in so, rather than leave some people out, they make a nominal contribution to charity. I also know of at least one person who has been hit by the recent loss of a loved one that has totally knocked any motivation to write countless cards. Which is why they have made a donation to Cancer Research far in excess of the amount they might have spent on cards. 

Given that only a proportion of the money raised from the sale of charity cards actually goes to the charity, they would actually benefit more if everyone chose to go down that route.