Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Threads 2021 - Kids Up Yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bit off topic and not worth starting a thread on, but over the past week I’ve occasionally looked on Facebook and there are quite a number people saying they haven’t sent cards and will be donating to charity instead.

Fair enough, each to their own, but why not say you just can’t be bothered? Why not donate to charity and send cards? Why not buy charity cards? Is life led by saying Merry Christmas on social media?

Was a @MrLargo on there?
  • Options
    I don’t think the gesture is being questioned. The public service broadcast is. 
  • Options
    I mean, let’s face it, it can be time consuming and a pain but sometimes it’s just nice, even though life goes in different directions, to make the effort to say hi in this way.

I think the cost of cards isn’t a factor (stamps is though).

In my mind, it’s just ‘victim’ of the speed of life these days and a thought by many that everybody is on Facebook (seems to be the only way people remember birthdays these days), rather than than a virtuous act. 

I’ll leave my rant about social media to another time.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Bit off topic and not worth starting a thread on, but over the past week I’ve occasionally looked on Facebook and there are quite a number people saying they haven’t sent cards and will be donating to charity instead.

Fair enough, each to their own, but why not say you just can’t be bothered? Why not donate to charity and send cards? Why not buy charity cards? Is life led by saying Merry Christmas on social media?

Was a @MrLargo on there?
    Wouldn't have been me mate. Too lazy to send cards, definitely way too lazy to go on Facebook and start bragging about it. Also, not quite enough of a twat to go on Facebook and start bragging about it.
  • Options
    In a house with 8 adults and 8 kids. At some point throughout the night I think there was always a kid awake in our house…earliest was up for good by 5.45