Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wordle! A new word game every day.

Comments

• Options
    Wordle 207 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    Wordle 207 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
    🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Annoying one today!Β 
  • Options
    Wordle 207 5/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
    πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
    β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
    β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Was worried I wasn’t going to get that one!Β 
  • Options
    Wordle 207 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
    πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    Definitely frustrating today!

Wordle 207 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    Wordle 207 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    https://www.theringer.com/2022/1/7/22870249/what-to-do-when-playing-the-word-game-wordle-isnt-enough-solve-it

Computer boffins trying to build programs to figure out optimal strategies and β€œsolve” the game…
    It’s sad isn’t it. Just a little brain teaser but they have to over complicate it.
    It's actually brilliant, not sad. It gets people to think programmatically - something which is massively lacking in this country. Devising strategies to 'win' at games is *literally* the building block of Artficial Intelligence, which (aside from research at some universities) is a field where the UK should be world leading, but in reality lags behind the US and China. We don't have any decent technology education here - the vast majority of people still think 'computing' is Microsoft Excel, rather than computer programming. That needs to change - something like analysing the wordle problem is the exact sort of thing that should be posed to children.Β 
    But it’s just a way to pass time on the bog.
    For you, it is. But there are mathematical ways to 'solve' the problem, and doing the work involved in 'solving' it sets people on the path to a deeper understanding of the concepts (algorithms, game theory) that are fundamental to computing/computer science. In fact, unless you're just randomly bashing letters into the game every time (in which case you'll fail 99% of the time), you're already using the algorithms (albeit in a rudimentary fashion) to inform your 'guesses'.

It's stuff like that that really irritates me - kids should be being taught this in school from an early age, so that people in articles like the one above aren't referred to as 'computer boffins' (no offence @Callumcafc) - like it's some sort of derogatory term

All that’s good but it’s not kids trying to code a way to do Wordle though is it?
    I'm confused... What's not kids trying to code?Β 
    The article was about adults trying to make a code/algorithm to crack wordle. Not children.
  • Options

Wordle 207 4/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was awkward … some lateral thinking requiredΒ 

• Options
    Wordle 207 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
    🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
    🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wordle 207 4/6

Got it. That's not allowed that one, though. :D
  • Options

Wordle 207 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜

⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩

⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Options
    Wordle 207 6/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
    ⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I found that one hard and spent longer on it than others - just didn't want to give up!
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    https://www.theringer.com/2022/1/7/22870249/what-to-do-when-playing-the-word-game-wordle-isnt-enough-solve-it

Computer boffins trying to build programs to figure out optimal strategies and β€œsolve” the game…
    It’s sad isn’t it. Just a little brain teaser but they have to over complicate it.
    It's actually brilliant, not sad. It gets people to think programmatically - something which is massively lacking in this country. Devising strategies to 'win' at games is *literally* the building block of Artficial Intelligence, which (aside from research at some universities) is a field where the UK should be world leading, but in reality lags behind the US and China. We don't have any decent technology education here - the vast majority of people still think 'computing' is Microsoft Excel, rather than computer programming. That needs to change - something like analysing the wordle problem is the exact sort of thing that should be posed to children.Β 
    But it’s just a way to pass time on the bog.
    For you, it is. But there are mathematical ways to 'solve' the problem, and doing the work involved in 'solving' it sets people on the path to a deeper understanding of the concepts (algorithms, game theory) that are fundamental to computing/computer science. In fact, unless you're just randomly bashing letters into the game every time (in which case you'll fail 99% of the time), you're already using the algorithms (albeit in a rudimentary fashion) to inform your 'guesses'.

It's stuff like that that really irritates me - kids should be being taught this in school from an early age, so that people in articles like the one above aren't referred to as 'computer boffins' (no offence @Callumcafc) - like it's some sort of derogatory term

All that’s good but it’s not kids trying to code a way to do Wordle though is it?
    I'm confused... What's not kids trying to code?Β 
    The article was about adults trying to make a code/algorithm to crack wordle. Not children.
    That specific article might have been - but the fundamentals of algorithms and game theory aren't. And when you say 'they have to over complicate it', it indicates a willingness to somehow look down on people using those concepts to better understand the workings of the game (and therefore devise algorithms to help them solve it faster). It's part of the malaise in society that leads people to look at the Kardashians and other Z list celebrities for inspiration, rather than people doing something of actual worth.
  • Options
    Wordle 207 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
    🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Got it in five. My worst score so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Bangkokaddick, that’s quite a big clue and could be considered to be a spoiler. You might want to edit that until tomorrow.
  • Options
    @Bangkokaddick, that’s quite a big clue and could be considered to be a spoiler. You might want to edit that until tomorrow.

You're right. Apologies.
  • Options
    Absurdle 7/∞

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
    🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wordle 207 5/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
    πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
    β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
    β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Options
    Wordle 207 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β Took a punt cos I was stuck........ hmmmm not sure about that oneΒ Β 
  • Options
    Absurdle 6/∞

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟨🟩⬜🟩🟨
    🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    My first failure - rather annoying actually. Β But I’ll be wiser next time.
    Using AmericanEnglish is beyond the pale, it really is.
  • Options
    Nice easy one today to make up for it
  • Options
    absurdleΒ 

Absurdle 5/∞

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Options
    Got it in four after a bit of a think. Struggled to get the letters in the right place.Β 

Wordle 207 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨🟨 ⬜
    🟨🟨🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    That that was nearly as annoying as Leko tonight.Β 
  • Options
    Soon lost patience with Absurdle too. Not v clever when it all comes down to repeated letters. Then again, I might be in a bad mood for some reason.
  • Options
    Waited til midnight so it wasn’t a spoiler.