Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wordle! A new word game every day.

Comments

• Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 
  • edited February 2022
    Wordle 230 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Have to say that I'm finding people regularly posting two and threes very suspicious.
    PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED 230

Not sure why you should think that because I really don't see what is to gain by people cheating. Success can and does really hinge on what you get early doors.Β 

My record, in its entirety, is:

1 - 0
    2 - 1
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 3
    6 - 1

However, the last three days have been my most successful ones (3 -2 - 3) for the reasons given below.

Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have tended to use same starting word - SWORD (can't think what caused me to use that!)

As you can see that gave me nothing first up. So I had to use a completely different word and I chose PLAIN. The first two letters were correct and in the right place and the "A" was a correct letter but in the wrong place. Realistically, the word wasn't going to end in an "A" so the word was likely to be P L ? A ?. The word that immediately came to mind was the correct one - P L E A T. That said, I'm not sure that there are that many words that would fit anyway!Β 

Wordle 229 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Again, for 229, I started with SWORD. That gave me S ? ? R D. I was correct with my second attempt but that was more down to the first try limiting the options available

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SWORD gave me "S" and "O" - both in the wrong place. My second attempt was N O I S E and that gave me ? O I S ?. There won't many combinations of letters, in excluding W R D N E, that I could think of that would actually fit apart from M O I S TΒ Β 

My earlier attempts when using SWORD weren't as successful and I suspect that, if I continue to use it, I will return to having to make more guesses. I might change it at some point but I wouldn't want to start with a word that has more than one vowel because that won't limit the options so far as later guesses are concerned i.e. any number of words will have, say, both an "A" and an "E" in them

• Wordle 230 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • edited February 2022
    Wordle 230 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Have to say that I'm finding people regularly posting two and threes very suspicious.

Not sure why you should think that because I really don't see what is to gain by people cheating. Success can and does really hinge on what you get early doors.Β 

1 - 0
    2 - 1
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 3
    6 - 1

However, the last three days have been my most successful ones (3 -2 - 3) for the reasons given below.

Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have tended to use same starting word - SWORD (can't think what caused me to use that!)

As you can see that gave me nothing first up. So I had to use a completely different word and I chose PLAIN. The first two letters were correct and in the right place and the "A" was a correct letter but in the wrong place. Realistically, the word wasn't going to end in an "A" so the word was likely to be P L ? A ?. The word that immediately came to mind was the correct one - P L E A T. That said, I'm not sure that there are that many words that would fit anyway!Β 

Wordle 229 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Again, for 229, I started with SWORD. That gave me S ? ? R D. I was correct with my second attempt but that was more down to the first try limiting the options available

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SWORD gave me "S" and "O" - both in the wrong place. My second attempt was N O I S E and that gave me ? O I S ?. There won't many combinations of letters, in excluding W R D N E, that I could think of that would actually fit apart from M O I S TΒ Β 

My earlier attempts when using SWORD weren't as successful and I suspect that, if I continue to use it, I will return to having to make more guesses. I might change it at some point but I wouldn't want to start with a word that has more than one vowel because that won't limit the options so far as later guesses are concerned i.e. any number of words will have, say, both an "A" and an "E" in them

I'm not sure about SWORD as a starting word because W isn't a common letter. I have been using STERN because I agree about not using too many vowels early on.
  • edited February 2022
    Wordle 230 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1 - 0
    2 - 1
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 3
    6 - 1

Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 229 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm not sure about SWORD as a starting word because W isn't a common letter. I have been using STERN because I agree about not using too many vowels early on.
    Sword was the first word that came into my head originally - I must have been looking at our badge at the time - and having used it once I became a bit "pot committed" to carry on using it.Β 
  • Just use a random word to start.Β 
  • edited February 2022
    Wordle 230 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1 - 0
    2 - 1
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 3
    6 - 1

Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 229 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I believe you, honestly I do.
  • Wordle 231 3/6*

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Sponsored links:

• Wordle 231 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quite pleased with that
  • Wordle 231 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Wordle 231 5/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟨🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • ball ache all ache again. Thought I was nailed on for a three.

Wordle 231 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
    🟩🟩⬜🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • edited February 2022
    Wordle 231 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟨🟩🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • when does it reset?
  • Wordle 231 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • NooooooooooooΒ 

my first failure today

after 4 goes I had the first third and final letter

there were 3 possible words I could think of that fit.Β 

Chose the wrong two.Β 

• when does it reset?
    Midnight
  • Sponsored links:

• Wordle 231 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Happy with that
  • Wordle 231 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
    🟨🟩🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 2/6

⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 5/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
    πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
    πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
    πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 2/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yay! Got my first 2!
    😎
  • Wordle 231 2/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My first 2, although I have only just got in to this. Day 5 for me
  • Wordle 231 4/6

⬜🟩⬜🟨🟩
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
    🟩🟩⬜🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • when does it reset?
    Midnight
    The perils of not quoting the initial post in a response. @Bedsaddick asked why his wordle didn’t rest at midnight. Now edited his post to give his wordle go for the day.Β 

Has always reset at midnight for me
  • Wordle 231 5/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Very frustratingΒ 
  • Wordle 231 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟨🟩⬜🟩