Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wordle! A new word game every day.

Comments

• Wordle 231 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Struggled!

Wordle 231 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • edited February 2022
    Wordle 230 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Have to say that I'm finding people regularly posting two and threes very suspicious.
    PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED 230

Not sure why you should think that because I really don't see what is to gain by people cheating. Success can and does really hinge on what you get early doors. 

My record, in its entirety, is:

1 - 0
    2 - 1
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 3
    6 - 1

However, the last three days have been my most successful ones (3 -2 - 3) for the reasons given below.

Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have tended to use same starting word - SWORD (can't think what caused me to use that!)

As you can see that gave me nothing first up. So I had to use a completely different word and I chose PLAIN. The first two letters were correct and in the right place and the "A" was a correct letter but in the wrong place. Realistically, the word wasn't going to end in an "A" so the word was likely to be P L ? A ?. The word that immediately came to mind was the correct one - P L E A T. That said, I'm not sure that there are that many words that would fit anyway! 

Wordle 229 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Again, for 229, I started with SWORD. That gave me S ? ? R D. I was correct with my second attempt but that was more down to the first try limiting the options available

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SWORD gave me "S" and "O" - both in the wrong place. My second attempt was N O I S E and that gave me ? O I S ?. There won't many combinations of letters, in excluding W R D N E, that I could think of that would actually fit apart from M O I S T  

My earlier attempts when using SWORD weren't as successful and I suspect that, if I continue to use it, I will return to having to make more guesses. I might change it at some point but I wouldn't want to start with a word that has more than one vowel because that won't limit the options so far as later guesses are concerned i.e. any number of words will have, say, both an "A" and an "E" in them

I use TEARS as my starting word and haven't ever needed more than 3 guesses per word in the week or so I've been playing.
  • Wordle 231 3/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟨🟩🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
    ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
    🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Wordle 231 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
    🟨🟩🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

• MrOneLung said:
    Noooooooooooo 

my first failure today

after 4 goes I had the first third and final letter

there were 3 possible words I could think of that fit. 

Chose the wrong two. 

Have woken up this morning and am still fuming. 

It was bad enough missing a day and losing my streak but I now just feel a failure. 

Wordle 231 X/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩

• Wordle 231 5/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
    🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
    🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟨🟩🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • edited February 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    Wordle 230 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Have to say that I'm finding people regularly posting two and threes very suspicious.
    PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED 230

Not sure why you should think that because I really don't see what is to gain by people cheating. Success can and does really hinge on what you get early doors. 

My record, in its entirety, is:

1 - 0
    2 - 1
    3 - 3
    4 - 3
    5 - 3
    6 - 1

However, the last three days have been my most successful ones (3 -2 - 3) for the reasons given below.

Wordle 230 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have tended to use same starting word - SWORD (can't think what caused me to use that!)

As you can see that gave me nothing first up. So I had to use a completely different word and I chose PLAIN. The first two letters were correct and in the right place and the "A" was a correct letter but in the wrong place. Realistically, the word wasn't going to end in an "A" so the word was likely to be P L ? A ?. The word that immediately came to mind was the correct one - P L E A T. That said, I'm not sure that there are that many words that would fit anyway! 

Wordle 229 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Again, for 229, I started with SWORD. That gave me S ? ? R D. I was correct with my second attempt but that was more down to the first try limiting the options available

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SWORD gave me "S" and "O" - both in the wrong place. My second attempt was N O I S E and that gave me ? O I S ?. There won't many combinations of letters, in excluding W R D N E, that I could think of that would actually fit apart from M O I S T  

My earlier attempts when using SWORD weren't as successful and I suspect that, if I continue to use it, I will return to having to make more guesses. I might change it at some point but I wouldn't want to start with a word that has more than one vowel because that won't limit the options so far as later guesses are concerned i.e. any number of words will have, say, both an "A" and an "E" in them

I use TEARS as my starting word and haven't ever needed more than 3 guesses per word in the week or so I've been playing.
    I used orate today. 3 vowels and 2 of the higher used consonants. Worked well I thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wordle 231 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
    🟩🟩⬜🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 231 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That'll do.

• edited February 2022
    An impressed how others go from only knowing a couple of letters to the right answer, even when there are at least several possible options it could be. Oddly, I often get the Spanish one in less guesses, even with words I dont know but guess how Spanish letters can combine and fortunately you don;t get penalised for words that don't exist! - maybe there are a lot less words/options in Spanish?
  • Wordle 231 4/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This one had me stumped for ages. It's such a good feeling when you figure it out.
  • Wordle 232 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can't wait to see all the twos snd threes.
  • Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I tried a different first word than I usually use and then had a bit of a punt with the second, neither of which worked out well. That's only my second 6. Back to my normal method tomorrow. 
  • Tough one 
    Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
    🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 3/6

⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Sponsored links:

• Wordle 232 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩🟨
    🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
    🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
    🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
    🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • This is a fun geography version https://globle-game.com/
  • McBobbin said:
    This is a fun geography version https://globle-game.com/
    🌎 Feb 6, 2022 🌍
    Today's guesses: 6
    Current streak: 1
    Average guesses: 6

• Wordle 232 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can't wait to see all the twos snd threes.
    Wordle 232 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
    🟩⬜🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 3/6

🟧🟦⬜⬜⬜
    🟧⬜⬜🟦🟧
    🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
  • Wordle 232 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Wordle 232 5/6

🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
    🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Don't you hate it when you get a green one and ignore it!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!