Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Crewe Alexandra v Charlton Athletic | January 12, 2022

Comments

• Options
    We can bemoan poor refs and bad luck all we like.
    But any league one football team with aspirations of premier League/European football in 5-10 years should be smashing teams like Crewe out of the park!
    Well I think that was just the nonsense of a new owner who really doesn't seem to have a clue football wise. Tell me again what qualifications his son has to be involved in a professional football club. In 5-10 years we'll probably still be in this league. 
    Haven't even picked up a point in the leauge since we heard of his sons appointment (joking of course, sort of)
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I know he is a legend but I would question some of JJs decisions tonite….Leko and Lee should have come off
    I wonder if he's maybe too close with the players. 
  • Options
    The bog standard officiating simply masked our continuing incompetence in the final third and a couple of defensive howlers.
    We started the game streets ahead of them in terms of quality but our inability to make it count cost us. Again.
    Big decisions for Jacko now.
    (I wonder what the first hurdle is on his contract?)
  • Options
    We were really really poor, perhaps our worst performance of the season and only just got beat. Crewe are proper naff and won't be in League One next year.
    Neither will Charlton if they carrying on playing like they did tonight.
  • Options
    No I wouldn't. It was just I was raging when he came on and he actually had an impact. 
    No I was being a bit flippant, he did ok in a particularly bad display, so I think it’s hard to really judge. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    I hope the players do not escape the blame again. How many managers do they have to be completely shite under. They turn up when they feel like it and down tools when they don't. This is the third abject away performance in a row. This team should have more than enough to beat Crewe, one of the worst sides in the division, and yet they could easily have scored four against us. A draw would've been an injustice.

The core of this squad is absolutely rotten, the blame lies squarely with them.
    The blame for that lays firmly at the door of 1 or 2 individuals, the rest are sheep.  I got stick for saying this in September when everything was Adkins fault.  Robinson jumped, Bowyer jumped, Adkins sacked.  In reality all 3 should have been sacked after good spells, purely because the players downed tools. 

I did think they wouldn't do it to Jackson because he is their man. 
    Well they are 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    This season is so utterly woeful it can be summed up by the fact I have just cashed out my top half of LEAGUE ONE bet because I don't believe we can actually manage it.  Had thought about doing it Monday, the decision to delay cost me.

And that was undoubtedly our worst game so far against a really really poor Crewe team. Burstow, Morgan and to an extent Dobson aside every player of ours was dreadful.

We have changed owners, we have changed managers, we have changed players. We have not changed Director of Football.  I am starting to wonder if we should.
  • Options
    Please get Brownie off the TV 
  • Options
    At least Morgan did well. I was fuming when he came on but he did ok. 
    Looked like the only player capable of creating a chance. 
  • Options
    I mean looking at Crewe’s team , a mixture young Charlie Kirk like kids and journey men and we managed to make them look good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awful performance. Feel for those that went tonight. 
  • Options
    That was shit.

That's all.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    ct_addick said:
    disagree ... like him and Youds together
    Not sure they were right about the disallowed goal though.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    ct_addick said:
    Not sure they were right about the disallowed goal though.
    they were wrong ... but they are still good together
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    ct_addick said:
    Agreed, and looks like he’s lost a 
    bit of weight. 
  • Options
    Did I hear that right? Steve Jones on Charlton TV at the weekend?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Davo55 said:
    Robbed at the end by the final poor decision in a truly abject refereeing performance. But truth be told we didn’t deserve anything from that. Initially frustrated by Crewe, then bullied out of it, then outplayed. I don’t even think we can say they dragged us down to their level - we’re already there. That was a proper League Two Charlton performance in a proper League Two quality game. We were pitiful.
    How the hell Leko stayed on the pitch after that flurry of substitutions I just don’t know. He was shockingly bad both in his initial striking role and then as a wing back. I’ve never been a fan of his and I genuinely struggle to see the quality that others perceive. But he wasn’t alone tonight. Henderson, Famewo, Gilbey and Lee were all very poor. Arguably Mason Burstow is the only player to come out with any credit.
    Regardless of what we do in the transfer window the play offs must surely be beyond us now. There’s a lot of tough decisions that need to be taken and a lot of hard work to do to get us anywhere near ready to challenge next season.
    Davo, we wasn’t robbed in the slightest. I’m so disappointed to say that aswell.
    Agreed mate. I watched it a few times and changed my mind.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    paulfox said:
    Davo55 said:
    Robbed at the end by the final poor decision in a truly abject refereeing performance. But truth be told we didn’t deserve anything from that. Initially frustrated by Crewe, then bullied out of it, then outplayed. I don’t even think we can say they dragged us down to their level - we’re already there. That was a proper League Two Charlton performance in a proper League Two quality game. We were pitiful.
    How the hell Leko stayed on the pitch after that flurry of substitutions I just don’t know. He was shockingly bad both in his initial striking role and then as a wing back. I’ve never been a fan of his and I genuinely struggle to see the quality that others perceive. But he wasn’t alone tonight. Henderson, Famewo, Gilbey and Lee were all very poor. Arguably Mason Burstow is the only player to come out with any credit.
    Regardless of what we do in the transfer window the play offs must surely be beyond us now. There’s a lot of tough decisions that need to be taken and a lot of hard work to do to get us anywhere near ready to challenge next season.
    Davo, we wasn’t robbed in the slightest. I’m so disappointed to say that aswell.
    Agreed mate. I watched it a few times and changed my mind.
    Would have been good to see it from the side angle. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Dagenham 2011 was the nadir of being a Charlton fan, but this feels on a par. When will things actually get better for us and we have more than 1 fleeting season of success surrounded by years of shite
  • Options
    Did I hear that right? Steve Jones on Charlton TV at the weekend?
    You did. And he's bringing in a bit of memorabilia to sell as well. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Lets be real, if you're a good team and performing well you can get past bad refereeing and win games. We aren't capable of that Im afraid. 
  • Options
    Well Tommy, old son there you go.... NOW GET YOUR CHEQUE BOOK OUT!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The goalie tried to save it and wasn't complaining that Leko was in his way until the ref's assistant's flag. That means it should have been a goal but maybe that would have papered over cracks which need sorting out. We are too easy, even for shit defenders, to defend against and have been for quite a few games.