Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long before we are out of this league?

Perhaps premature and I think the end of this summer's window will give a better insight so may bump it then but as it stands today:

a) Promotion within the next 2 full seasons (22/23 and 23/24)
b) Another 3 - 5 seasons
c) More than 5 seasons 
d) Promotion this year
e) We will get relegated before we get promoted

As it is today I would say b. 

Comments

• Options
    Things can change quickly in football so I will go with option A.
  • Options
    Gonna go with a) - with a focus on 23/24 - if only as I think this and next season will see quite a few of the stronger clubs go up, and our extremely good youth team will start featuring more and more
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    A)

We've got into a habit of getting promoted in the 3rd season back at this level, which would be next season
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Gonna go with a) - with a focus on 23/24 - if only as I think this and next season will see quite a few of the stronger clubs go up, and our extremely good youth team will start featuring more and more
    It rather depends on who they're playing for.
  • Options
    It’s really a how long is a piece of string question. Won’t be easy. We must target next season but it could take ? 
  • Options
    The only consolation I’m taking at the moment is that we will not have to endure a League One that involves a trip to Gillingham next season.
  • Options
    B.

Something feels different this time round. We’ve got a proper set up yet we seem to get everything wrong. Sheffield United have shown it’s very difficult to get out of this league, and bigger clubs are getting relegated every season. 

Fingers crossed I’m wrong and we storm the league next season.
  • Options
    Please, please, please let it be (a).
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    A on the law of averages, due to the size of our wage bill.  The last two times we got promoted we had a top six wage bill. 

The other 3 times we have had that we got in the play offs, this year is an outlyer.  We can't get it so badly wrong 3 summers in a row can we? 

A better question would be how many managers will we have before we are promoted..... The last 2 times were 2 and 3.  We are on number 3 already. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Realistically b), hope for a)
  • Options
    The grounds will get boring so if it's to be b) I'd rather e) then back to back promotions
  • Options
    Ok hope 2 seasons but reckon 3.
    Will Tommy still be around to make it happen is the question?
  • Options
    A) If we identify a set of players early and don't underestimate the standard of the league
  • Options
    e)
  • Options
    Ok hope 2 seasons but reckon 3.
    Will Tommy still be around to make it happen is the question?
    No.
  • Options
    B
  • Options
    A)

We've got into a habit of getting promoted in the 3rd season back at this level, which would be next season

League one is now a boring relationship that we won't ever get away from. We will always end up back here.

Neither of us love each other, but it's better then nothing and better then being homeless - (administration) just about.

Promotion to the championship is and was Charlton simply just ...having an affair.

It was pretty brief last time as "misses" league one found out pretty quick. She took us back... again, and didn't even seem angry about it this time. It was just "meh". I think deep down, she actually hoped the affair continued. 
    It was much of an enthusiastic welcome.

We are currently out having a meal and can't even give each other eye contact. The relationship is getting worse and it is now only mostly rather mind numbing. 
    The kids have grown up, moved away and have completely lost interest in football.

It has bit a bit of a rocky ESI couple of years for us though. Maybe a EFL marriage therapy is the answer? Who knows

Starting to think SHE might dump me this time and I'd find myself in an inevitable league two relationship, that would just be the remake of Jeremy Kyle show toothless council estate hell.

I need another beer 

• Options
    I think season after next. Will see an improvement next year, play offs minimum requirement.
  • Options
    B, I have little faith in the current team or management.

Hope I’m wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there not an option for something that's measured in eons?

Or does it just feel like that..?

b. 
  • Options
    B, or never.

The teams down here get bigger and the competition gets harder. I don't think it's been this competitive since when Leeds etc were down here.
  • Options
    B
  • Options
    Fantastic positivity here, no one has said C or E yet.

• Options

You have to believe, or there's no point is there? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You have to believe, or there's no point is there? 
    True, belief is just wearing a bit thin at the moment.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    B, or never.

The teams down here get bigger and the competition gets harder. I don't think it's been this competitive since when Leeds etc were down here.
    Do they really though?
    Rotherham, Wycombe and Wigan are not clubs that I consider big even if they seem to be the standard now to meet.
    The teams at the top are no bigger and better than before. We are just getting worse and worse.

Would have been (a) without the Nigel interference. The best we can hope for is (b).
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I know I am a bit down beat about it all but if in November 2017 you had said we would get promoted the following season without the following either not being here or not doing a lot

Amos
    Konsa
    Dasilva
    Kashi
    Holmes 
    Magginis
    Fosu
    JFC
    Clarke 
    Reeves
    Page

I probably won't believe you. 
  • Options
    B

Personally, I think if we don't go up next year then there'll be a rethink on the plan. A load of football boardroom and business clichés and it'll be a 3-5 plan to stabilise the club as financially self sufficient as possible and establish as a top league one club edging up towards the championship - a Peterborough, MK Don's type. 

Only slightly depressing to think we could end up aspiring to be the next Peterborough.