Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charltons first black player

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    John Hewie was the first Charlton player to play against England. 

(Posted in the hope that someone might find this complete guess interesting enough either to confirm, or to gainsay with the correct player). 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Charlton have a gay player at the moment. The team are aware of him, but it is never discussed and he hasn’t come out as gay. I’m not really sure why he should. 
    I have never understood why someone's sensuality is such a big deal. We all support Charlton A F C. A football club. I am sure such topics don't crop up in other leisure pursuits. Why here ? 
    The world must be a terribly confusing place for you. 
  • Options
    That’s the name TMA
    I wasn't the nutbag, though, who came on CL banging on about him.
    Out of interest, which forum did you post it on TMA?
  • Options
    Who was the player some nutbag used to come on CL about as the first black player 
    I can’t remember the players name but this loon was insistent on
    im not sure if he even represented the first team 
    He was adamant Viv Anderson was the 1st black England player 
    I am sure he was against Czechoslovakia at Wembley.
  • Options
    Who was the player some nutbag used to come on CL about as the first black player 
    I can’t remember the players name but this loon was insistent on
    im not sure if he even represented the first team 
    Ben Odeje never played first team for Charlton and there was a black youth team player, at West Ham, who played for England below first team level before him.

Was that John Charles? 
    It was @Starinnaddick

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/august/17-august/john-charles-west-ham-united-pioneer-and-englands-first-black
  • Options
    Who the feck is Nick Everett?
  • Options
    A man in need of a good proof reader?
  • Options
    Is it Rick and Mick’s son?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:
    Charlton have a gay player at the moment. The team are aware of him, but it is never discussed and he hasn’t come out as gay. I’m not really sure why he should. 
    I have never understood why someone's sensuality is such a big deal. We all support Charlton A F C. A football club. I am sure such topics don't crop up in other leisure pursuits. Why here ? 
    The world must be a terribly confusing place for you. 
    Reminds me of this, which is basically my stepdad and his not ironic slade obsession (he wore a fkin stupid mirrored hat and everything and gave me grief in the 90s for things I did.)

• Options
    I was gonna say Antti Niemi, but he's finished.
  • Options
    I was gonna say Antti Niemi, but he's finished.
    No he’s definitely still playing…..