Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crowd Disturbance at Portsmouth

edited February 2022 in General Charlton
I’m afraid I have to name and shame.  A dear friend of mine (me old neighbour who introduced me to Charlton all those years ago - cheers Gaz!!!) went to the game last night. In the pub beforehand he happened upon a balloon artist and commissioned a quite excellent Charlton Ballon Man. Balloon Man went to the game with Gaz, disgracefully managed to sneak in without a ticket and proudly took his place on the terrace. I’m sure many of you there will have said hello. 

Two of my bestie ex golfing buddies (let’s call them Den and Rich) were also in attendance (and may well have been legless) Lamenting my enforced absence (I was undoubtedly legless!) they decided to borrow Ballon Man and adapt him in my honour.  The resulting photo of amputee Balloon Man as kindly sent to me to make me feel included is reproduced below.  

Unfortunately, Gaz does not know Den from Adam and did not take too kindly to the desecration and a kerfuffle duly ensued. Rich managed to calm them down with an explanation although I am told Ballon Man was left somewhat deflated by the whole thing.

Some good came of this as new friendships were forged although I sadly have to report that Ballon Man was subjected to widespread balloonist abuse from a number of our idiot supporters and ended the game minus a leg, an arm and an eye. So bad was the damage that Gaz said a fond farewell and launched him into the wind toward balloon heaven.  Last seen blowing across the Solent, I gaze longingly out of my window this morning waiting for Balloon Man to appear over Stenbury Down. 

On a serous note, I am told that the arsehole element of our away support we’re out in force last night. Not good.  

Comments

• Options
    I deeply apologise to Gaz and Mr Balloon Man for any harm both mental and physical, during the making of this tribute to our long lost friend Jim. I have obviously let you all down  :'( , especially Mr Balloon man.
    On a serious note, some of our away support were utter shite, injuring both Me and Rich in the process of celebrating our first goal.  I thought the stewards handled it well, particularly as the were instructed to remove Drummer Man against their better judgement
  • Options
    AddickDen said:
    I deeply apologise to Gaz and Mr Balloon Man for any harm both mental and physical, during the making of this tribute to our long lost friend Jim. I have obviously let you all down  :'( , especially Mr Balloon man.
    On a serious note, some of our away support were utter shite, injuring both Me and Rich in the process of celebrating our first goal.  I thought the stewards handled it well, particularly as the were instructed to remove Drummer Man against their better judgement
    I thought those bruises came from your altercation with Balloon Man 😉. He whispered “you should see the other guy” in Gaz’s ear afterwards. 
  • Options
    The A hole element were indeed out in numbers last night. 
  • Options
    Was some amazingly drunk individuals at the game.
    Shaun did nothing to have his drum taken away, something to do with the flares.
    Punch up’s outside the game … 
    Bit of a Gillingham feel to the game and amazes me these so called hard core Charlton fans I never seen before in my life 
  • Options
    Balloon man is class! Some of our away support burst some of the ballons?
  • Options
    I thought it was only kids doing balloons these days.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    You let yourself down…
  • Options
    Bit of a Gillingham feel to the game and amazes me these so called hard core Charlton fans I never seen before in my life 
    They’re always out for games that have a bit of edge to them (Pompey falls in that bracket), local derbies or new grounds to tick off.

Nowhere to be seen when it comes to Plymouth or Fleetwood away for the 3rd season on the spin 
  • Options
    Was anyone ringing a bell?
  • Options
    Were they all on the last train home?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a bit deflated reading that
  • Options

Sorry to hear about balloon man, if it’s any consolation, he always wanted to go out with a bang
  • Options
    There was a big element there yday. All 20-30 and off their nut.
  • Options
    I keep a puncture repair kit in my bed side table.  Just saying, next time go prepared!
  • Options
    IF balloon man's name was Jeff Koons, his sculpture would be worth MILLIONS 
  • Options
    This and gills game would always be a bit of an edge to it if it was a Saturday would easily be our biggest away game of the season - Pompey a bit of Scummer club, had 20 of them start on us at Wembley at the England Germany game at the euros as they thought i said fuck the saints - off there heads on gear and didn't back it up, despite there being the big number of 4 of us. 
  • Options
    Had to stay in Ibis as wasn’t going to make the last train / connections so no idea. 
    No Charlton on my train down 5.15 I think 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Was anyone ringing a bell?
    Mr Portsmouth was there a vid of him being the last one in the ground. 
    But the noise from our end you barely heard it !
  • Options
    There was a fair amount of twatish behaviour near us, lots of wanker signs and throat cutting but most cringey was singing when the saints.  Seriously? A bit like going to the Den to watch us and singing bubbles.  I don’t travel to loads of games, but I go to enough that I can recognise our usual yoof and I think a lot of them were day trippers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had to stay in Ibis as wasn’t going to make the last train / connections so no idea. 
    No Charlton on my train down 5.15 I think 
    Few charlton stayed in the ibis, I caught the half 6 with one other to make work.
  • Options
    Thought I heard a bit of oi oi outside when CBT and Washington were being interviewed under the stand 
  • Options
    Bizarre thread
  • Options
    [snip]
    Some good came of this as new friendships were forged although I sadly have to report that Ballon Man was subjected to widespread balloonist abuse from a number of our idiot supporters and ended the game minus a leg, an arm and an eye. So bad was the damage that Gaz said a fond farewell and launched him into the wind toward balloon heaven.  Last seen blowing across the Solent, I gaze longingly out of my window this morning waiting for Balloon Man to appear over Stenbury Down.
    You're lucky that Balloon Man didn't act as a voodoo doll, or you'd have been in a bad way this morning :)
  • Options
    It did seem like there were a lot of non-Charlton fans there last night. I didn’t see any trouble other than the obvious but it does sometimes make me wonder why so many ‘neutrals’ turn up at certain games. I mean, I could count on one hand the number of non-Charlton games I’ve been to in the last 10 years. But to each their own etc.
  • Options
    1200 away fans making loads of noise and coming through loud and clear on the TV, yet it’s very few bell ends that get spoken about. I really enjoy being part of our away following and looking forward to Wednesday away in a few weeks.
    👍