Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best London Walks

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Walking along the canal paths is a pain with all these cyclists spoiling a nice stroll. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I strongly recommend the 'London's Hidden Walks' series, comprising three pocketbooks, each of which contains 12 or 13 walks in different areas of London. I've done most of them and, without exception, found every one thoroughly enjoyable.

Each illustrated walk has a map, photographs of buildings and other places of interest en route (helpful for people like me who lack a good sense of direction), details of places to visit like museums, galleries and churches and useful tips on good watering holes and places to grab a bite. The text contains a wealth of fascinating historical information, which is clearly the result of a great deal of research by the author and it's to his credit that this is presented in a concise and entertaining way. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Londons-Hidden-Walks-Volumes-1-3/dp/1902910540
  • Options
    Kingston to Hampton Court alongside the Thames
    Meal in Hampton Court
    Boat trip back
    happy days
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Walking along the canal paths is a pain with all these cyclists spoiling a nice stroll. 
    just push 'em in the canal 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I'm gonna walk back from the match to Greenwich Travelodge along the river stopping at all the pubs and ending with a kebab. Football. A good walk by the river. Getting pissed. A kebab. Happy days. Who's up for it?