Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics 2022

13»

Comments

• Options
    GB women’s curlers have a shocker in the last end and it’s gone to an extra end 13-13
    Am enjoying watching it
  • Options
    Two medals now. What were we worrying about?
  • Options
    Going to be great for Eve Muirhead who has only been able to get a single Bronze Medal at the Olympics so far.
  • Options
    Got a feeling the Mens Curling Final is edging towards Sweden
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Gone to an Extra end... Great shots from the Swedish to deny us the two

Unfortunately Sweden have the end, so definitely have the advantage
  • Options
    Got a feeling the Mens Curling Final is edging towards Sweden
    Unfortunately can’t see past them, seem to have all the answers. Been a bloody tense morning 
  • Options
    Damn... We have a Silver Medal at least
  • Options
    Ouch for our guy who just smashed himself on the half pipe! 
  • Options
    Ouch for our guy who just smashed himself on the half pipe! 
    Dave Mehmet out on the town?
  • Options
    WE HAVE A GOLD MEDAL!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Womens Curling team beat Japan; 10-3 in the Final :open_mouth:

Awesome for Eve Muirhead
  • Options
    Westminster need to redouble their efforts to make sure Scotland don’t leave the UK! 
  • Options
    If I'm reading Wikipedia right, a gold and a silver makes this our second best games since the war, using the traditional method of ranking medals tables, or third best if you prefer to count total medals. We left it late, but we did OK. What put it into context for me was a guy from Belgium winning his country's first gold for more than 70 years.

Now, can we get the powers that be to invest more in sports that award medals earlier on, so we don't have to have our nerves shredded by a string of near misses before the curling finishes?
  • Options
    To be honest, we can't be expected to compete with nations who have ski resorts. We could open more ice rinks though and have programmes around speed skating etc...
  • Options
    To be honest, we can't be expected to compete with nations who have ski resorts. We could open more ice rinks though and have programmes around speed skating etc...
    Stop making excuses, Gillingham has a ski resort  B)
  • Options
    If I'm reading Wikipedia right, a gold and a silver makes this our second best games since the war, using the traditional method of ranking medals tables, or third best if you prefer to count total medals. We left it late, but we did OK. What put it into context for me was a guy from Belgium winning his country's first gold for more than 70 years.

Now, can we get the powers that be to invest more in sports that award medals earlier on, so we don't have to have our nerves shredded by a string of near misses before the curling finishes?
    Not sure we should invest a penny of public money in winter sports to be honest.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Stop making excuses, Gillingham has a ski resort  B)
    but then you would have to go to Gillingham, I would rather go practise in Siberia,
  • Options
    edited February 2022

• Options
    More of this climate change malarkey and most nations won't have ski resorts.
  • Options
    I wonder how many remedies there might be for this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/60466907