Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs AFC Wimbledon | Saturday 5th February 2021 - 3pm KO) | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Good preview mate, thank you.

Agree that it has to be the same starting 11. Each and every one of them had a good game in their own right. It was the best we’ve played for a while.

Fraser will be on the bench and I would anticipate Burstow to be also. I’d like to see John included but just can’t see who will come out the squad for him right now.

Wimbledon are on a poor run of games without a win and were knocked out the FA Cup by a non-league side, albeit one who are doing well. However, what they’re not doing is losing many games. They’ve drawn 6 of their last 9 in the league. But, they’ve been playing Saturday-Tuesday now for a couple of weeks and with a small squad and our home form pretty good under Jackson, I fully expect the 3 points to remain in SE7.

Oh, and only the 2nd time this season we score more than 2 goals in a game.

3-0 winners.
    Aneke
    Washington
    Gilbey
    Can see why you would keep the same side … but with Mon sat Tues Sat run of games .. hopefully JJ will remember what happened at Crewe when he should have changed the side then ..
    He’ll make changes for Tuesday and probably make a couple of earlier subs today. See no reason why you’d change the side from Monday if they’re all good to start. Tackle the next game after this one.
  • Options
    Exactly @sage. You have to learn about the Manager and Jacko usually looks at the next game, rather then +2 or +3. 
  • Options
    I think it would be harsh to drop Gilbey or Morgan, Fraser will get his chance sonn enough.
  • Options
    I think it would be harsh to drop Gilbey or Morgan, Fraser will get his chance sonn enough.
    Agreed. I'm sure he'll appear from the bench at some point today
  • Options
    I think we’ll win this.  Pompey would’ve buoyed them, and Wimbledon haven’t won since Dec 7th.  

I think he should go with the same team 
  • Options
    derby match. local rivals. packed stands. Banter and a bit of bovver. 

oh wait, its Wimbledon... 

probably end up watching the rugby actually 
  • Options

Addicks on tour, Unawatuna, Sri Lanka, so my preview is a large bottle of Lion Stout and I’ll catch up with the match thread as and when I can. 
    ahh man your still there?! I put up that go fund me page after the last match. Unfortunately some people, no idea why, seem to think you are actually want to be there and you are showing off. Well all i can say they are ignorant and i hope your wifi issues are now sorted. hang in there mate. 
  • Options
    For info the Thameslink train leaving London Bridge at 14:18 and Greenwich at 14:27 is cancelled
  • Options
    The win at Pompey took a bit of pressure of today, a nice relaxed 3-0 victory with the motivation of seeing how good we really are in the next for games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    No point signing a player to then leave him on the bench. Fraser is a playmaker & scorer. Play him from the start & let him influence things.....not bring him on to try to rescue things with 10 mins to go.

Its not like Morgan is pulling up trees.
  • Options
    No point signing a player to then leave him on the bench. Fraser is a playmaker & scorer. Play him from the start & let him influence things.....not bring him on to try to rescue things with 10 mins to go.

TBF to him it’s been a while since there were any on the valley pitch
  • Options
    Any one a spare ? Please DM me ? 
  • Options
    For the first time in ages I am confident that we will win and win comfortably.  You know who to blame at 1745. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mendonca said:
    Why drop Morgan when he's been better than Gilbey of late? 

If for sake of Fraser, he can play Gilbey's role with more end product. 
    Because Gilbey is a better all round player and links our play from defence to attack better, Morgan has only be ok for 2 1/4 games , that doesn’t make him undroppable, pick your best players, Morgan isn’t.
  • Options
    Fraser starts today for me
  • Options
    Scottish Pele to start please. Let's see what he can do. 
  • Options

Absolutely this, let’s play a lesser player because we have to be loyal and he’s started to show a little bit of promise, but still not enough. Blind loyalty is not getting us out of this shit league.
  • Options

I'll put the Match Thread up dreckly.

• Options
    For the first time in ages I am confident that we will win and win comfortably.  You know who to blame at 1745. 
    Blimey thats some injury time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Addicks on tour, Unawatuna, Sri Lanka, so my preview is a large bottle of Lion Stout and I’ll catch up with the match thread as and when I can. 
    I thought I might catch at least the pre match chin wag and the start of the match whilst in Madrid airport. But I forgot about the hour difference and so I’ll be boarding and on my flight to Bogotá. I hope someone could be the team news up asap. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    You know they will turn up with a team of classic League One big lumps, who will try to bully and harass our players and stop us playing. We just need to try and overcome that and bully them back. 
    The current AFC Wimbledon aren't a physical hoofball side, they've got a young manager who wants to play a passing style with youngsters. 
    Young manager?  He is older than Adkins!!