Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U23 defender Lucas Ness - Apr 2024: given a 1 year contract extension (p2)

Comments

• Options
    A few in the u23 thread seem to really rate him so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    "Hear what he has to say about joining the Beavers" 

*waits patiently to for @DaveMehmet to join the thread*
    You joke, but he is Akela at a scout group in Bexley.
  • Options
    "Hear what he has to say....."

Speak up son  !!!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

You can dib dib dib off you twat.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A few in the u23 thread seem to really rate him so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on.
    I've seen him play. He's a monster.
  • Options
    From that title I thought he’d joined a bank 
  • Options
    He'll be Untouchable in that league I tell ya!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chizz said:

You can dib dib dib off you twat.
  • Options
    Sorry AFKA, I've changed the title now, so latecomers to the thread are going to wonder what on earth you're on about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Good luck to him and hopefully he can impress and next loan at a higher level.  Looked decent the one or two glimpses I have seen of him. 

Checking out where Hampton are and I clicked also on the Northern League, blimey, been a tough few years for fans of Darlington and York
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    aliwibble said:
    Sorry AFKA, I've changed the title now, so latecomers to the thread are going to wonder what on earth you're on about.
    Nothing new then
    Careful, you’ve still got four promotes for him to remove. 
  • Options
    Lovely little ground.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    aliwibble said:
    Nothing new then
    Careful, you’ve still got four promotes for him to remove. 
    Only 3 now
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Clickbait.  ;)
  • Options
    Can’t work out what this loan means. He was being talked of being not to far away from a run out for the first team earlier in the week. Is this a sign that they don’t think he is ready, or is this just away of giving him some ‘men’s football’ before giving him his chance?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Can’t work out what this loan means. He was being talked of being not to far away from a run out for the first team earlier in the week. Is this a sign that they don’t think he is ready, or is this just away of giving him some ‘men’s football’ before giving him his chance?
    I would assume it’s the latter, hence only a one month loan 
  • Options
    Mens football I would say - and see how he kicks on
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    It's  a youth loan so can be recalled and can still play for our u23s 

Think it is very much to see how he copes in men's football and evaluated if we keep him on next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think there might be a couple of our less tested players yet who are more suited to a place in the first team before Lucas.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I think there might be a couple of our less tested players yet who are more suited to a place in the first team before Lucas.

Who?
  • Options
    Laqeretabua, Kanu? And was it Campbell on the wing?
  • Options
    Deji

• Options
    https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20018001.cherries-reportedly-keeping-tabs-charltons-lucas-ness/

Being monitored by Bournemouth, Burnley, Norwich, Coventry and Plymouth.
  • Options
    Personally think he is better than Deji. 
  • Options
    He’s out of contract in the summer - has he really pushed on this season or should we have had him signed up on a longer deal much earlier?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He’s out of contract in the summer - has he really pushed on this season or should we have had him signed up on a longer deal much earlier?
    Captain of the under 23’s and you only have to look at who is interested to answer this question. Maybe he would have played if he had signed a new contract?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Is this meant as a knock against Deji? Ness is four years older and appears to have made his big jump in development in recent months.

I hope Deji makes that jump soon because he’s certainly talented. Time is on his side as an 18 year old.