Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th February - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Famewo hasn’t been good but with only one center half in the starting lineup, I would have thought it would make sense to have him in the squad rather than John as a reserve.  A little concerned how we will defend set pieces with that lineup
  • Options
    Great segment with Andy Hunt.

So strange watching him in the middle of the jungle with animal noises in the background!
    Never mind our championship season, I want to know what the noises are  :)
  • Options
    Anyone want to take a stab at the formation? 
  • Options
    Of course... Famewo misses out because of the five loan rule

Yes makes sense to put in a bunch of untried
    players and have one central defender in the team
  • Options
    Oh dear. This could get naughty! Weird line up and an even stranger bench imo. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Famewo dropped. Good. I’m not a fan. 
    But dropped for who  ?  We dont have another central defender in the 11.....Pearce is on the bench. So many square pegs in rounds holes.......I see Jacko DID learn something from Bowyer then... 🙄
  • Options

• Options
    Purrington at left centre back? Don’t mind that. If it’s a back 4 surely Lavelle would’ve come in for Clare too?

Leko and Burstow up front…. not an ideal pairing away at a team chasing automatic promotion, to say the least.

Rest of the team may not be first choice but is decent enough. Hopefully Lee is revitalized by the rest and knowing he has real competition now from Morgan and Fraser. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank god we aren't playing midweek..... 
  • Options
    Of course... Famewo misses out because of the five loan rule

So why leave out of the loanees that won't really be needed......maybe John ?  We go into the game with just 1 recognised central defender.......and if playing 5 at the back is rather worrying. 
  • Options
    Got a funny feeling about today……

oh sorry just a fart.
  • Options
    Always worries me when Matthew’s plays - sometimes he does little wrong but never seems to be in the right place to stop anything - normally lose ! 
  • Options
    There's got to be a time for that Leko hat trick!
  • Options
    I've seen some big gardens in my time but never a jungle before!

So says Scott Minto! 
  • Options
    Famewo hasn’t been good but with only one center half in the starting lineup, I would have thought it would make sense to have him in the squad rather than John as a reserve.  A little concerned how we will defend set pieces with that lineup
    The same as we do with any other line-up:

Badly.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Only sense in only playing one CB is if we’ve gone more defensive due to injuries and changed to four at the back.

Macg
    Matthews, Innis, Clare, Purrington 
    Dobson
    Jaiyesimi, Lee, Gilbey, Leko
    Burstow 

I didn’t think my interest pre match could sink any lower but then the team was announced.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    There's got to be a time for that Leko hat trick!
    But he is not a striker  :)
  • Options
    Could be a long afternoon. Roll on next season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today is exactly the sort of game where we shithouse a win - especially with the team news. 

I’ve never been more sure of a 0-1. 
  • Options
    Nice chat with Mac, shame about the shite musac.. B)
  • Options
    If we score nil I’ll be pleased 
    3 goal defeat will be a result 

• Options
    Very funny Browny
  • Options
    Purrington in the Famewo role. It's me versus @wmcf123 - who will prevail? Not that I'm paying much attention from my cosy York cafe
  • Options
    Aneke what a waste of space, why oh why did they bring him back.
    It's not the bringing him back that's the problem it's the three & a half year contract that they've given him.
  • Options
    Does any other team in the football league have such a woeful injury record ?

We will need a 56 man squad next season with the number of key players that regularly drop out crocked.  

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Just looked at the Wigan lineup, Amos in goal, and Magennis up top,..you can just see how this is gonna end up can't you.. B)
  • Options
    Shit, I failed to miss this one, up the Addicks 🇦🇺🇦🇺💃💃💃
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!