Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th February - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    1. 10'

Post update

Corner, Wigan Athletic. Conceded by Diallang Jaiyesimi.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    I was worried about Lee and Leko but both have started well for me. Not sure just one goal is going to be enough, both Wigans corners looked dangerous. 
  • Options
    11 points from the play offs 🤪
  • Options
    Brilliant corner by McLean, any touch would have scored
  • Options
    vff said:
    Clare booked on 4 mins - :s
    Just joined - what did he do?

Just joined in time !!! 1-0 - Maybe you could log off and just join again ;)
  • Options
    Don’t give them any corners they look a massive threat from them 

• Options
    Is anyone else's stream being trippy?
  • Options
    vff said:
    vff said:

I was attending a sick hen but have brought her into my shed to listen to the match. She may be a lucky hen.
  • Options
    Ah man
  • Options
    Anyone else getting an annoying f*cker?
    There'll be plenty of these piping up later ...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Omg Gilbey
  • Options
    Gibley hits the crossbar after another good move. 
  • Options
    Gilbey hits the crossbar and a York cafe explodes in rage. 
  • Options
    I’m loving the movement from Burstow and Leko. Good to have our strikers dropping deep looking for the ball. Shame we couldn’t take that chance. 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial
    ·36s15' CROSSBAR! The Addicks threaten again, Lee sees his shot blocked in a good position before Gilbey rattles the woodwork with a fine effort from just inside the box. 

#wafc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    vff said:
    vff said:

I was attending a sick hen but have brought her into my shed to listen to the match. She may be a lucky hen.
    More likely your dinner tomorrow.
  • Options
    We are so far on top in this game, should be 0-2 with several close chances, just stay strong lads, 
  • Options
    'Boro beating Derby 1-0. OG.

I did say yesterday that Mel Morris's deal with Boro probably was to let them win today....😂
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2022
    I was worried about Lee and Leko but both have started well for me. Not sure just one goal is going to be enough, both Wigans corners looked dangerous. 

Leko showing good energy so far and Jaiyesmi covering well.
    Nearly 2-0 - off the bar from Alex Gilbey with his left foot on edge of the penalty area - so close !!!!
  • Options
    I hope Leko keeps this up, looks more like the player I remember. Did well to take it down, spin one way, then spin the other and plays a great ball out wide that led to the Gibley chance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leko started well
  • Options
    vff said:
    vff said:

More likely your dinner tomorrow.
    no!
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic@LaticsOfficial·1m16'
     A big opportunity for the visitors to double their lead as Alex Gilbey's effort from the edge of the area hits the crossbar, but luckily bounces away from danger. 

(0-1)

• Options
    Don’t do that again Matthews! Mental thrown in to Purrington the ho does well to avoid real trouble. 

Then so unlucky Lee and Gilbey down the other end. 

Leko and Burstow both having much better games than I expected. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Interesting team selection, guess no-one here forecast that.  Great goal and pleased for Lee.  One upside, i think we are by far the best L1 team for ball watching and playing statues at defending set pieces.

magnificent attempts there from lee and gilbey, keep that up!
  • Options
    1. 16'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Alex Gilbey.

• Options
    1. 16'

Post update

Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic) hits the left post with a left footed shot from the centre of the box.

• Options
    Who are these footballers in Charlton shirts today - not seen any of them before ……
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic@LaticsOfficial·23s19'
    CHANCE! Callum Lang chases down a ball over the top and beats Ben Purrington to the ball inside the area, but the angle is too tight and MacGillivary is there to save.

(0-1)
  • Options
    Sunderland losing AGAIN
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!