Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 22/23

edited February 2022 in General Charlton
I know its relatively early, but there are only 9 home games left now and the season will be done in 10 weeks. When do we usually start talking about the following year's STs ? With the amount of promotions this year, you'd like to think that they can't be increasing in price. Maybe a discount for those that renew ?.

My stepdad is a Luton fan and even though they have a waiting list, they still offer discounts for renewing each year (and not just a price freeze). 

Comments

• Options
    Was wondering this too, I’ll be renewing regardless but I think the buzz and momentum of last summer has worn off a bit, with that in mind I suspect they won’t be increasing them.  
  • Options
    I will probably renew but my wife won't be as she will now need to stay home to look after the dogs.
  • Options
    Health permitting I'll be back as usual as I'm sure plenty will be, but I would like to see  a more organised plan going forward, with the manager backed. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    cafc999 said:
    One problem the club now has is that are people willing to purchase season tickets for next season if they carry on dumping tickets free of charge each week.
    Half decent reduction ill buy, same prices I'm probably out and will go back to walkups  
  • Options
    Buy a season and bring three mates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    will continue to support and buy for me and my Son -  hopefully next year will be a little bit special lol. 
  • Options
    I'll probably wait till the summer. Early bird offers last year turned into a bit of a farce 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    It'll go something like this:

1. Club launches new ST promotion with lots of fanfare and an interview with TS.
    2. Charlton Life carefully analyses the offer and comes to the conclusion that it's both good and bad at the same time.
    3. @Airman Brown breaks down the financials and says that we're losing money and it's ill-thought through
    4. #cafc on Twitter says that the offer is insulting, TS should go and there's no way they'll be renewing
    5. Club backtracks a week after the offer and offers 12 extra chips for anyone who buys an ST before June.

You forgot one.

6. @DOUCHER reminds it is your only route to being identified as a True Supporter and you are duty bound to purchase one  :D  
  • Options
    Next season will be my first season as an OAP, Of course i will renew, just as long as i am allowed to moan.
  • Options
    Next season will be my first season as an OAP, Of course i will renew, just as long as i am allowed to moan.
    are seniors going back to over 60 next year
  • Options
    WSS said:
    It'll go something like this:

1. Club launches new ST promotion with lots of fanfare and an interview with TS.
    2. Charlton Life carefully analyses the offer and comes to the conclusion that it's both good and bad at the same time.
    3. @Airman Brown breaks down the financials and says that we're losing money and it's ill-thought through
    4. #cafc on Twitter says that the offer is insulting, TS should go and there's no way they'll be renewing
    5. Club backtracks a week after the offer and offers 12 extra chips for anyone who buys an ST before June.

You forgot one.

6. @DOUCHER reminds it is your only route to being identified as a True Supporter and you are duty bound to purchase one  :D  
    its the baseline 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    In two minds, had one for donkeys years even when I lived in Scotland, but with all the offers and battling to get into my seat every game recently, as someone is sat in it,  I wonder if it's worth it.

As I work 2 weekends in 5, it costs me a fortune to take Saturdays off in financial and leave allocation, and watching that dross recently hasn't helped.

I don't go to many away games as I did, due to the idiots that try and spoil your day out, so priority isn't an issue for me anymore.

Will stay in valley gold as I feel it's important to ensure a flow of players for Liverpool and Chelsea.

Will wait and see what's on offer.
  • Options
    First year for an OAP discount for me, which is great, but horrific at the same time. Have bought season tickets for me and my youngest up to now, but he’s not interested for next season, which is pretty sad. 
  • Options
    I'll be renewing. I'm in one of the few areas of the ground that if I don't renew then someone else will take it if I want to stay where I am, which I would very much prefer to do.

Also not worried about the free ticket promotions I'd never be able to blag one if I wasn't a ST holder so I don't let it bother me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    First year for an OAP discount for me, which is great, but horrific at the same time. Have bought season tickets for me and my youngest up to now, but he’s not interested for next season, which is pretty sad. 
    Exactly the same for me. My son will be working Saturdays and i'm not sure i can be bothered going on my own.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Exactly the same for me. My son will be working Saturdays and i'm not sure i can be bothered going on my own.
    Mate, join me for a beer in Crossbars if you do pre matches 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    The problem of going with somebody, whether to football or anything else in life, is that sometimes you can end up forming a bubble without realising it. Try going on your own and realise how many people/ other fans you can end up talking to or simply exchanging a few comments with, especially if you are joining the old gits brigade where you’ve got a licence to talk to others. 
  • Options
    I'll renew out of habit and to keep loyalty points topped up for away games.

If next season is anything like this one though, I'm not sure how many home games I'll bother turning up for. I think I've enjoyed maybe two home games this season, not only is the football horrific but just the whole experience at The Valley is woeful, feels like such a chore these days, just a complete waste of several hours.

• Options
    Wife giving up hers, moving to East Sussex in March. Not sure I can be bothered watching this shit and travelling for 3 hours.
  • Options
    I will renew only because I like my seat in a certain area and I can’t be arsed to keep buying every week and next year might be our year😁
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    horace said:
    Wife giving up hers, moving to East Sussex in March. Not sure I can be bothered watching this shit and travelling for 3 hours.
    whereabouts are you moving to @horace? I assume you mean a total travelling time of 3 hours?
  • Options
    It's about more than the football for me, so I'll be renewing regardless.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of money knocked off the price though.