Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February @ 3pm | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stop Bannan!
    Stick Pratley on him!
    Oh.
    George maybe?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Just find a way to stop runs in the box unchallenged. If you have wing backs, use players that can't be beaten as easily as Matthews and Gunter. Have bodies behind the ball in the danger areas. I actually think DJ is harder to beat than our proper defenders. If Innis is playing, great have Lavelle and Pearce with him and maybe we have a set pirece threat as a bonus. Forget about Famewo who positionally has two or three lapses a game, despite his strengths. We can't score so we can't afford defensive lapses.
  • Options
    This has a 5-0 home win written all over it .

I doubt it. The summers round the corner.

Players will be aware that scouts may be sit in Hillsborough, and they will want to show what they are made of.

He still may not be quite the tactical home runner, but I heavily advise withdrawing from giving Johnny Jackson verbal abuse.

Don't bother with chanting for him to be sacked etc. He does benefit from the support.

It will help the club.

I've had a number of beers

• Options
    What a depressing sesson. Credit to the 1k+ Addicks going to this one, proper fans. Deserve a result. Not sure they will get one? First goal wins, I vote Wednesday 1-0.
  • Options
    Looked at all the reasons we could improve tomorrow….. Dint find any so…

Wendies 2 Charlton 0, zip,nowt, bugger all, zero or as it’s called the norm.
  • Options
    Goodness knows what’s going on with their pitch!
  • Options
    Just find a way to stop runs in the box unchallenged. If you have wing backs, use players that can't be beaten as easily as Matthews and Gunter. Have bodies behind the ball in the danger areas. I actually think DJ is harder to beat than our proper defenders. If Innis is playing, great have Lavelle and Pearce with him and maybe we have a set pirece threat as a bonus. Forget about Famewo who positionally has two or three lapses a game, despite his strengths. We can't score so we can't afford defensive lapses.
    Agree about DJ. He’s actually not as bad as I thought he’d be defensively. And I think he’s a trier. 
    Maybe have Lee with Burstow, rather than Leko?
  • Options
    Goodness knows what’s going on with their pitch!
    And that was before the had a game postponed due to a water logged pitch

• Options
    Don’t care who plays but please not leko matthews gunter Purrington. Bring on the kids and let’s see some desire.
  • Options
    MacGillivray
    Inniss Lavelle Famewo
    Jaiyesimi Gilbey Dobson John Purrington
    Lee
    Burstow

Harness, Pearce, Matthews, Morgan, Fraser, Leko, Stockley

Bench suddenly looks much stronger with some options.

Be solid, be strong, and hope we can have enough to keep them out until Stockley and Fraser enter the fray.

No score prediction from me but will be keeping up to date as best as I can as I make my way to Prague airport to come back home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hoping we try something different because four consecutive defeats is clear evidence that change is needed. 

3.5.2 with Gilbey,  Leko, Mathew's and Gunter  is just not working. It won't work whoever is up front. 

Hoping we snatch a hard fought draw. 

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Would be good to see a few pictures from travelling Addicks like was done on another awayday (was it Lincoln?)

Edit - just seen other thread!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    After Tuesday I swore to my misses that I wouldnt buy the stream this weekend or but tickets for the valley next Saturday and promised her a couple of relaxed weekends without the stress of me being in a bad mood following our recent performances! 
    Guess what..... bought our tickets for next Saturday yesterday afternoon and said that's it I'm defo not buying the stream tomorrow! Woke up this morning and bought the stream !

I FUCKING HATE THIS CLUB !!

🙄
    I was about to post almost exactly the same. 😂
    Was going to go down the allotment and miss the match, but am going now instead. Would have been able to hear the Wimbledon match I think, as their stadium is just round the corner. Another reason to change my mind. 
  • Options
    Time for a system change. We need a clean sheet. The 8-1-1 is surely the only way to go.

MacGillivray
    Matthews Gunter Lavelle Innis Pearce Famewo Purrington Castillo
    Dobson
    Kanu

Nothing wrong with that. I've seen it work for other teams. A kind of 5-3-1-1.
    You have to play the cards that you're dealt with.
    0-0 would be a good result.
  • Options
    If we play the same system as normal we will be in danger of a proper hiding I think. 
    The 5-3-1-1 is a good shout imo. Hope for a set piece to try and nick a goal.

To persist with our previous formation after the last 4 games would be suicidal! Hopefully JJ can see that 
  • Options
    McG
    Lavelle Innis Famewo
    Matthews   Dobson    Purrington
    Gilbey  Lee
    Kanu
  • Options

I'll stick up the Match Thread dreckly.

• Options
    RedJohn said:
    McG
    Lavelle Innis Famewo
    Gilbey  Lee
    Kanu
    Agreed 👏🏻 
    Playing with 10 is better than XI with Leko.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedJohn said:
    McG
    Lavelle Innis Famewo
    Gilbey  Lee
    Kanu
    Do you really believe Jacko's going to stick a raw 17 year old to run the line up front loan on his own??????  :astonished:

You can't do that to a kiddo ... it'll kill him, or at least his self-belief.

• Options
    Against my better judgement I purchased a stream an hour ago. That's not because I'm confident we'll get a result either...
  • Options
    Not sure what the difference will be with that line up, so 3-0 to wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!