Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Annoying TV coverage

The director is in love with pointless close-ups when we really need to be seeing the largest possible view of the action.  Same for replays when the action has restarted. Obviously fancies himself as a director doing flashy things rather than someone keeping it simple so that we get a better feel of how the play is progressing.

Comments

• Options
    This has been a problem all year, along with inserting multiple replays while play is ongoing. 
  • Options
    Happens every home game where we have multiple cameras. It’s maddening. 

The saving grace in recent weeks is there’s no chance of missing any good attacking play from us because there hasn’t been any. 

Actually, it might do us all a favour if they just turned the cameras off completely. 
  • Options
    Nice close up of Famewo warming up there
  • Options
    Think the director has a bit of a thing for Jack Clarke, loads of close-ups when the game was going on
  • Options
    Are the charlton tv people aware that this is pissing people off? It’s not like they just started doing it today, so they don’t seem to be making the effort to stop doing it.
  • Options
    It's as if having multiple cameras goes to the director's head and he feels he has to show off by using them all. Take some of them away and limit his choices and stop all the replays when the game is still ongoing.
  • Options
    Are the charlton tv people aware that this is pissing people off? It’s not like they just started doing it today, so they don’t seem to be making the effort to stop doing it.
    Dunno 

@Ollywozere, @KillersBeard, @StubleyAddick, are you aware?

• Options
    edited March 2022
    It's infuriating. I'm pretty sure we missed a goal last season because the director wasn't even pointing at the pitch.
  • Options
    It’s poor TBH 
  • Options
    Agree with all this.

We're trying to watch a football match which is a continuous piece of action - not a film.

I have no interest in the manager's shoes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn’t it still being directed by children from Greenwich college?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Wouldn't surprise me. It's certainly somebody showing off rather than thinking about what the viewer wants to see.
  • Options
    Been complaining about this since the season began, it's not got any better.
  • Options
    I think I just keep assuming someone will sort it

I kind of thought that TS must be aware as he must watch it when away and therefore he would eventually sort it

Only just realised that's what I've been doing 🤔
  • Options
    I know we don't have it but even more annoying is that camera on a wire, not sure what it adds to the coverage.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Wouldn't surprise me. It's certainly somebody showing off rather than thinking about what the viewer wants to see.
    Wouldn't surprise me if this happens on the final whistle 

• Options
    Clive Myrie, stood on top of a building, in the middle of a war zone, at night, with a light on.

What's that all about?

Or is this the wrong thread for that?
  • Options
    Be careful because any comment on Charlton Athletic’s communications means you have a vendetta.
    No suggestion, however helpful, will be heeded by the ‘we know best’ brigade.
  • Options
    I watched via the ifollow stream as it's what my IPTV provider had, it also had the annoying things mentioned above although there weren't really any replays so maybe the club are still using the ifollow stream in the main and the replay's are what the club are providing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I complained earlier in the season and was told they were not used to covering live sport, but it would improve. It hasn't. I have no idea how to direct, but I know if I was sitting next to the director, I could tell him when it was a suitable time for a replay or a close up, and when it wasn't. If I lived in the UK I would volunteer to do it.            
  • Options
    I watched via the ifollow stream as it's what my IPTV provider had, it also had the annoying things mentioned above although there weren't really any replays so maybe the club are still using the ifollow stream in the main and the replay's are what the club are providing?
    It’s more likely the other way around.
  • Options
    Dunno 

@Ollywozere, @KillersBeard, @StubleyAddick, are you aware?

Not something I'm personally aware of as we don't watch the stream all the time while commentating.

I will pass this on, but i'm sure someone from the club will see this anyway.
  • Options
    We missed Stockley’s flick on that set Burstow through on goal because they were showing a replay of something else / a close up of someone warming up. I forget which. 

It’s frustrating and will be the cause of a goal being missed eventually. It’s only a matter of time.
  • Options
    I have been getting more and more frustrated with this, so glad someone has raised it. Hope the club sort it out.

• Options
    They must have been watching Sky and BT and think that is the way to cover it.
  • Options
    I would suggest they can improve by considering the needs of the recipients.
    And then attempting to satisfy those needs.

• Options
    I complained earlier in the season and was told they were not used to covering live sport, but it would improve. It hasn't. I have no idea how to direct, but I know if I was sitting next to the director, I could tell him when it was a suitable time for a replay or a close up, and when it wasn't. If I lived in the UK I would volunteer to do it.            
    Where abouts do you live then @Algarveaddick ?

😉
  • Options
    It's a fantastic service, very professionally done, other than this one issue.
    Whether it's down to a technical issue, or someone just not concentrating, I do not know. But it should be very easy to solve and has been happening for far too long now.