Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Annoying TV coverage

2»

Comments

• Options
    As far as I am concerned the concept of ‘professional’ has no useful meaning.
    I wouldn’t call leaving viewers and listeners in the dark as to what’s occurring either professional or unprofessional, simply a bad service.
    If the service was totally free then it’s a different story.
  • Options
    TS responded to my message on LinkedIn. Was well aware of the issue and expects it to improve.
  • Options
    No better last night. Don't want to see replays when live action is going on. Especially replays of opponents chances.
  • Options
    No better last night. Don't want to see replays when live action is going on. Especially replays of opponents chances.
    completely agree, someone can tell TS that it hasn't improved, got worse I reckon
  • Options
    Agreed - very poor last night, at one point they lingered on a close-up while play was restarting, and then rather than switching to the action on the pitch, showed a replay...        
  • Options
    completely agree, someone can tell TS that it hasn't improved, got worse I reckon
    I am pretty sure he will have been watching live and be well aware of the problems.
  • Options
    It's not like it's even difficult is it? If the ball is in play show the action. If a break seems long enough to fit replays or close ups in then do so, if mistimed cut back to the action soon as. Not sure how they've managed to mess it up for so long. 
  • Options
    First time since xmas that I've watched Charlton TV & have to agree the camera coverage was poor. At one point near the start of the game the camera was on MacGillivray for a good few seconds when play was continuing. And then there were picture freezes & other glitches that left a lit to be desired. 

• Options
    Glad this thread exists

It was only a matter of time that we missed a goal due to this weirdness

Anybody know how to feedback?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad this thread exists

Yes, turn up at 'The Valley' at the next home game & report it to a member of staff.
  • Options
    I have complained a few times, previously I suggested they get a football fan to sit alongside the director, this time I have suggested that they do away with replays altogether if he/she is incapable of cutting back to the action when it re-starts. It has just occured to me that they could just have a fan with an override button that defaults back to the action as soon as it resumes.

Charlton goals are rare enough without us having to pay to miss them.

website@cafc.co.uk is the e-mail for feedback.   
  • Options
    Missed the Stockley goal!?
    Sheesh our coverage makes hospital radio look like cutting edge broadcasting.
  • Options
    Just sent an email to the club. I suggest others do the same.
  • Options
    I mentioned earlier in the season how long before they miss a goal due to the amateurish direction. Reached a new low against Shrewsbury. 

• Options
    done
  • Options
    I noticed the cameraman at pitch side on the halfway line had left his position well before half-time.
  • Options
    Done 
  • Options
    done
    To complain about a stream that many should not have been watching ?

I just feel it’s only £10 it’s an evolving product and all are learning about how to improve. I’m sure they know that tuning of highlights / replays is a difficult thing to get right. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    What about those of us abroad who paid £195 for the season pass? It’s been going on for months with no signs of any lessons being learned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about those of us abroad who paid £195 for the season pass? It’s been going on for months with no signs of any lessons being learned.
    I agree you have the right to give your feedback. What did the club tell you they were going to do when you raised it?  

But I do overall feel that for the money it costs we can’t really expect Sky or BBC quality in all aspects. That’s my main point. 
  • Options
    The overall show is very good quality and well worth the money. Why let it down for something that should be easy to change. Missing a goal in live play for a random replay is inexcusable at any level.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Glad this thread exists

Yes, turn up at 'The Valley' at the next home game & report it to a member of staff.
    considering it was a match limited to overseas viewers, that`s rather difficult. And a bit glib of you, if I might add.