Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year dinner set for May 1st

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    I hope the players have a whip round and refund all thoses who have gone tonight 
    What about those who went yesterday?
    Only if they saw the whole match out.
  • Options
    I did... 
  • Options
    I did... 
    That's 50 minutes more than me.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I did... 
    That's 50 minutes more than me.
    One day you might watch the full 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Congrats dobbo. Genuinely the only player that can hold their head up high after an appalling season 
  • Options
    Colour me shocked.
  • Options
    Yup well done Dobbo fully deserved. As many have said I would happily see the back of every other player. Waste of space. Complete overhaul is needed. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    No one else had any sort of shout given the poor season, but at least Dobson didn't just win for being the shiniest shit, he's genuinely been very good.

Well done George, well deserved.

Hopefully next year there's more of a competition for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    On the basis of previous seasons, that means Dobbo's off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m assuming it went:

1st- Dobbo
    2nd- Dobbo
    3rd- Dobbo
    4th-Clare
    fuck the rest!!!!!!

or not far off that I guess.😂
  • Options
    I really don’t understand why anyone would want to go to this. Whether we’re PL, Championship, League 1 or, dare I say it, League 2.
  • Options
    1st Dobson (77%)
    2nd Clare
    3rd Washington
  • Options
    Clare 2nd and he was poor.
    I wouldn't fault his effort, but I would his ability.
    I can see why Robinson let him come to us, as he wasn't going to get in their team & they ended 8th.
    A squad player at best.
    Yep, bang on.  You can't fault his effort and I like him for that; but he is an incredibly limited player.  Someone like that coming 2nd in POTY shows how pony we have been.
  • Options
    Dobson deserved that and I wish him all the best  at Brentford next season 
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    Dobson deserved that and I wish him all the best  at Brentford Millwall next season 
    Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    I don't know if you said that in jest, but after listening to the Charlton live podcast, and his interview with louis, It sounded to me that he'll be sold in the close season, or more to the point, he wants away and will push for a move.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1st Dobson (77%)
    2nd Clare
    3rd Washington
    Ouch... Thats got to be one of the biggest winning percentages?

Its the right order of the top three though I think

Nice to see on the tunnel cam that the players felt the same way about George too
  • Options
    The only surprise is surely how 23% felt someone other than Dobson deserved to win.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    smiffyboy said:
    I don't know if you said that in jest, but after listening to the Charlton live podcast, and his interview with louis, It sounded to me that he'll be sold in the close season, or more to the point, he wants away and will push for a move.  
    What did he say that suggested he wants a move?
  • Options
    Clare 2nd and he was poor.
    I wouldn't fault his effort, but I would his ability.
    I can see why Robinson let him come to us, as he wasn't going to get in their team & they ended 8th.
    A squad player at best.
    I pretty much agree with this and think he currently lacks the ability for a player in a team challenging for promotion. However I do wonder whether he is one that could be improved by some individual coaching particularly in the outside centre back role that he has occupied most of the season. 

I can think of two rookie errors off the top of my head that he made that cost us goals that are easily eliminated from his game. Firstly away at Wigan he gave away a pen when all he needed to do was stand up his man and not stick a leg out. And at the Valley against Morecambe he showed Arthur Gnahour away from goal but onto his favoured left foot which also had the effect of forcing the keeper away from his near post to get a view and giving a striker who scored just five goals in the season an easy opportunity to score. His versatility in terms of positions make him a useful squad player at this level (not unlike Steve Brown was for us at a higher level) but perhaps he could improve and offer a bit more.
  • Options
    1st Dobson (77%)
    2nd Clare
    3rd Washington
    Ouch... Thats got to be one of the biggest winning percentages?

Its the right order of the top three though I think

Nice to see on the tunnel cam that the players felt the same way about George too
    Surprised it was as low as 77% if I'm honest. Anyone who voted anyone else needs their head testing
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    We’re there any notable absentees of players you’d expect to be there?